V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8 Supercar Fantasy League
 2020 livery paint booth
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Helix
Pit Crew

Australia
211 Posts
joined 09 Dec 07

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  09:41:57  Show Profile Send Helix a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know we have finished season 2019 but i would like to put it out there to anybody who is thinking about running a Mustang body shape in the 2020 fantasy comp that i would like to offer up my livery services or be more than happy to collab on a design to give your 2020 livery a "professional" finish.

you don't need to have any skills in any paint program, we can work together to hopefully bring your vision to life.

currently i only have the mustang template as that is what i run but i will leave it open if any other artists would like to offer their services on other templates or even mustangs also if they are willing to do so.

just putting the feelers out there to see if this is something anyone might be interested in.

PM me if interested and we can get the ball rolling

Thanx Helix.

ps. please dont badger artists for liveries unless they have stated they are willing to do so, thank you.

My work for the 2019 season for reference,

2019 Shogan Autosport cars

2019 Chiquita Mustang for Mike and his R&K Motorsports team.

2017 V8 Fantasy league series champion

2018 Enduro Cup Champions: Shogun Autosport / Helix and TGI Racing / Professor

Edited by - Helix on 28 Nov 2019 16:00:42

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1235 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  09:56:07  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That is a nice gesture, Helix. I will go along to say that I think it would be really cool if others volunteer to help those who are unable to due to software or abilities.

If anyone else wishes to put up their hand to volunteer, please do so in this thread.

I can remember back in the late 00s we had something like this in the older version of the fantasy league. There were a half dozen paint shop volunteers that you could contact to do your livery. That is where I met The Arrow - he was one of them. Subsequently each car from each shop had a specific color side panel on their tail wing to note which shop it came out of. Now, that is not necessary for 2020 and beyond, but just a little history there. Anyone else remember that?

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

ignition
Terminator

2413 Posts
joined 30 Jan 08

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  15:00:16  Show Profile Send ignition a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mikeamerica84

I can remember back in the late 00s we had something like this in the older version of the fantasy league. There were a half dozen paint shop volunteers that you could contact to do your livery. That is where I met The Arrow - he was one of them. Subsequently each car from each shop had a specific color side panel on their tail wing to note which shop it came out of. Now, that is not necessary for 2020 and beyond, but just a little history there. Anyone else remember that?

yeah, i was red i think, back in my early days with V8SuperRiley haha.

i do miss making liveries, i've just lost my creativity :(
Go to Top of Page

Helix
Pit Crew

Australia
211 Posts
joined 09 Dec 07

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  15:46:26  Show Profile Send Helix a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i think i did a few back then also but i cant remember if i had a color because i only did mine and maybe 1 other , i was just getting started into it but i do remember a heap of very talented guys doing great work.

Go to Top of Page

SportsExtra_Motorsport
V8 Champion

New Zealand
916 Posts
joined 29 Nov 08

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  17:47:11  Show Profile  Visit SportsExtra_Motorsport's Homepage  Click to see SportsExtra_Motorsport's MSN Messenger address Send SportsExtra_Motorsport a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ignition

i do miss making liveries, i've just lost my creativity :(

know how you feel, i have 3d Models of a few vehicles though
(FG, FGX, L33, VX, VY, VZ, VE, VF plus a Mazda 6, Toyota Camry, Altima L34)

Go to Top of Page

V8SuperRiley
Member 00004 of the Church of Ambroseology

Australia
3556 Posts
joined 29 Jan 08

Posted - 29 Nov 2019 :  09:09:32  Show Profile  Visit V8SuperRiley's Homepage  Click to see V8SuperRiley's MSN Messenger address Send V8SuperRiley a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll throw my hat in the ring.. I can do Mustang or VF..

3D, with on track shots... from iRacing

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6415 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 03 Dec 2019 :  20:05:22  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mikeamerica84

That is a nice gesture, Helix. I will go along to say that I think it would be really cool if others volunteer to help those who are unable to due to software or abilities.

If anyone else wishes to put up their hand to volunteer, please do so in this thread.

Yes, I think I was green from memory.

And yes, that was our first interaction, Mike. One of many, many interactions.

I am more than happy to put my hand up to volunteer for liveries. Something that I will stress is lets avoid the issue we found last time. If you are going to ask someone to design liveries for you, only ask one person and be patient. Most of us now have either full time jobs or are studying and don't have as much time as we did back then.

I currently have a number of templates (2019 Ford Mustang, 2019 ZB Commodore, 2017 VF Commodore, 2018 FGX Falcon, 2019 Mazda6, 2019 Volkswagen Arteon etc) but, given enough notice, I may be able to make a few others.

This also reminded me to work on the 2019 V8CFL Livery of the Year... might be a bit late now though...

Edited by - TheArrow on 03 Dec 2019 20:35:33
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1235 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 03 Dec 2019 :  23:11:21  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Found it! It is still available for viewing:

http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30847

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

Helix
Pit Crew

Australia
211 Posts
joined 09 Dec 07

Posted - 06 Dec 2019 :  13:13:12  Show Profile Send Helix a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah didn't think i was into it enough to have a color lol, blast from the past looking at those names and 100% what you said Arrow, if you ask for a livery only ask 1 painter, its not a "who delivers the best livery is the one i'll run" situation.

Edited by - Helix on 06 Dec 2019 13:15:43
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.98 seconds.