No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General Motoring
 Ford axes Mondeo
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8198 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 22 Dec 2019 :  05:54:40  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
https://m.drive.com.au/news/ford-mondeo-axed-from-mid-2020-122985

Another sedan gone.

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22510 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 22 Dec 2019 :  06:06:23  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not a surprise really.
It seems to be all small sedans, crossovers and dual cabs these days.
I think they were an under-rated vehicle.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7133 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 22 Dec 2019 :  12:34:44  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's how it works LG. The cheap cars are popular because they're cheap, and they're cheap because they're poor quality.

EDIT: My comment was in relation to being an underrated car - I'm sure it was, but the masses always go with the cheap - therefore making the good cars 'underrated.'

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 22 Dec 2019 13:00:04
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22510 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 22 Dec 2019 :  12:41:42  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

That's how it works LG. The cheap cars are popular because they're cheap, and they're cheap because they're poor quality.

I bought my missus one about 9 years ago and it was a great car - comfy, economical and plenty of room. We only got rid of it when I bought her a dual cab in '13 as the dual cab was more suited to country living.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5901 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 22 Dec 2019 :  13:08:17  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
In my hometown, the migrants were very fond of 2nd hand Toyota Camry's, they have no moved onto Holden Captiva's - so chasing the cheapest 7 seater they can find

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 22 Dec 2019 13:08:52
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7133 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 22 Dec 2019 :  13:16:34  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

In my hometown, the migrants were very fond of 2nd hand Toyota Camry's, they have no moved onto Holden Captiva's - so chasing the cheapest 7 seater they can find

And that was probably Holden's last solid seller - other than the VF and Colorado's earlier days.
Good sellers don't necesarily mean good cars. Cars are toasters these days unfortunately.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Kieron302
Team Manager

Australia
6334 Posts
joined 14 May 03

Posted - 23 Dec 2019 :  19:19:08  Show Profile Send Kieron302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Only a matter of time, Ford announced ages ago their strategy was all SUB bar the 'Stang and Focus.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds.