No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 Sensationalist Journalism
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Australia
8902 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Dec 2019 :  16:25:41  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
why have Journalists got to make everything sound worse then what it really is?

_Mford

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6852 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 22 Dec 2019 :  16:43:55  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by falcon_cobra

To sell papers, generate clicks and therefore advertising and then keep their job. In the process, make a name for themselves and then feel like they are having a big impact.

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10054 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Dec 2019 :  18:36:22  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by falcon_cobra

Not all journalists. When you really want to know the story, find some non-sensationalist media and just get the facts and maybe the story behind the headlines. There's plenty of good journos working in factual media who don't make things worse, bigger, or anything else.
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3130 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 22 Dec 2019 :  18:49:26  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Where are these journos? I am over everything being such a controversial subject. I am actually classed as a skeptic, denier and a **** just from not thinking the world is ending in the immediate to near future.
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Australia
8902 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 22 Dec 2019 :  19:22:24  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

Where are these journos? I am over everything being such a controversial subject. I am actually classed as a skeptic, denier and a **** just from not thinking the world is ending in the immediate to near future.

im like you Troy, I now hate watching the news or even social media.

all the Journos have to do is state the facts not embellish
like "Smashing" the Maximum Temperature, is was .2 of a Degree

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11452 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 22 Dec 2019 :  22:25:17  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Before yesterday, they were excited about the hottest ever heatwave coming to kill us all. Turns out it didn't do that so now they're disappointed.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10054 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 23 Dec 2019 :  11:59:43  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How about we post some examples of journos embellishing and making everything sound worse than what it is?
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3130 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 23 Dec 2019 :  12:28:39  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Almost any article involving Trump.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10054 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 23 Dec 2019 :  12:53:20  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That'd be doubly bad. Journos embellishing someone already embellishing.

I've found one:
https://www.betootaadvocate.com/entertainment/desperate-scientists-form-hillsong-rock-band-in-last-ditch-effort-to-get-pm-to-listen-to-them/

All that extreme language : "Desperate, last ditch, unprecedented emergency. Urgent, appalling, severe, ravaged collapse..." I'm starting to see what you mean.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11452 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 23 Dec 2019 :  13:23:53  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

That'd be doubly bad. Journos embellishing someone already embellishing.

I've found one:
https://www.betootaadvocate.com/entertainment/desperate-scientists-form-hillsong-rock-band-in-last-ditch-effort-to-get-pm-to-listen-to-them/

All that extreme language : "Desperate, last ditch, unprecedented emergency. Urgent, appalling, severe, ravaged collapse..." I'm starting to see what you mean.

I hope you're taking the piss there as Betoota's satire.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10054 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 23 Dec 2019 :  14:15:25  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmmm. I just Googled it. Not only is it fake news, but millenials are responsible.

Well, that just makes everything even worse than it really is.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds.