No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CAMS National Racing Series
 General CAMS Series
 Australian Racing Group
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BOWYANG
Formula Ford Driver

471 Posts
joined 20 Feb 13

Posted - 01 Jan 2020 :  21:17:56  Show Profile Send BOWYANG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With the growth of ARG & it's owned or associated categories & a telecast deal with The 7 Network 2020 will be an interesting year of Racing events served up to the Motorsport Fans / Supporters .
The Mix of categories : TCR for those calling for closer to "Production", S5000 for the people looking for a resurgence of the V8 open wheeler days , TCM for the "Historic" supporters & TA2 V8 Muscle for Noise & HERO cars .
How this Pans out is going to be interesting .( Hope the money Lasts ).

Sonic

Australia
17302 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 02 Jan 2020 :  16:56:31  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
really just depends on how they play their cards... they have the potential to become, maybe not the no 1 category?, but certainly the no 1 show.

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10702 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 03 Jan 2020 :  21:09:33  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm looking forward to watching their TV coverage. As a motorsport fan, I'll be watching alongside Supercars and all their support categories, F1, and all the other stuff I watch.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

BOWYANG
Formula Ford Driver

471 Posts
joined 20 Feb 13

Posted - 26 Jan 2020 :  13:23:42  Show Profile Send BOWYANG a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ARG have now for better or worse decided to “Go it alone” with a National Trans Am series seperate to the TA2 Muscle Car series using the TA2 platform with agreements on place with the rights Holders in USA , will be interesting to see how this evolves , the entry list at SuperLoop will be Umm interesting.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4435 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 26 Jan 2020 :  14:12:43  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BOWYANG

ARG have now for better or worse decided to “Go it alone” with a National Trans Am series seperate to the TA2 Muscle Car series using the TA2 platform with agreements on place with the rights Holders in USA , will be interesting to see how this evolves , the entry list at SuperLoop will be Umm interesting.

There are claimed to be "over 50" or "over 40" TA2 cars in Australia, depending on which press releases one reads. I think it is good that they have multiple series to contest and apparently are able to tn in both and are also allowed to race locally.

I wonder if the proposed MARC2 one make series will link with ARG.

It would be interesting to know the cost of TA2 and MARC2 cars for comparison.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1656 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 28 Jan 2020 :  23:41:03  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's taken CAMS this long to figure out how to counter the stranglehold superc***s has on Australian motorsport.

Their weakness is that they're up against a body that has a hold on the professional motorsport industry in Australia, and the secondary Bathurst 1000, which is recognised as the original one.

I'd have thought Trans Am of any sort would appear lame after S5000?

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

BOWYANG
Formula Ford Driver

471 Posts
joined 20 Feb 13

Posted - 13 Feb 2020 :  20:13:23  Show Profile Send BOWYANG a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Round 1 of the ARG Backed Trans Am series at Adelaide Looks to have 19 entrants ( A bit lower than some may have Hoped but with the ARG - TA2 Thing going on in the lead up) , Some New Drivers and Teams ( I think GRM ) , Hopefully a good time is had by all. JR not sure the point your making with the Trans Am -S5000 statement , Apples & Oranges .
Go to Top of Page

Harry S
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
642 Posts
joined 29 Mar 09

Posted - 21 Feb 2020 :  07:14:31  Show Profile Send Harry S a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by journeyman racer

It's taken CAMS this long to figure out how to counter the stranglehold superc***s has on Australian motorsport.

Their weakness is that they're up against a body that has a hold on the professional motorsport industry in Australia, and the secondary Bathurst 1000, which is recognised as the original one.

I'd have thought Trans Am of any sort would appear lame after S5000?

CAMS didn't "figure out" anything - simply a matter of ARG deciding to exist. Procar existed before and neither its rise or fall had anything to do with CAMS.

I think that we need to see more of S5000 before we decide if anything is "lame" in comparison - plenty of promise there but only 2 race meetings so far and mixed results / feelings.

When the going gets tough..............
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1656 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 22 Feb 2020 :  12:09:36  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You're correct with the wording. CAMS have stumbled on a potential game changer with TCR.

What mixed results/feelings are there about S5000. When people crap on about the superficial aspects of racing to generate/maintain interest (Looks, noise & speed), S5000 has TA2 covered in 2 of the 3 criteria.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

BOWYANG
Formula Ford Driver

471 Posts
joined 20 Feb 13

Posted - 24 Feb 2020 :  17:03:08  Show Profile Send BOWYANG a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What are you smoking JR ? Just the whoopy Weed Or the full Crack pipe ! Trans Am & S5000 are as previously stated Apples and Oranges in the Comparison Game , Tran Am put on a Good show at Adelaide and in the Paddock area where they were pitted was very Busy when they were on display , the Young drivers Seton , Hernes were Very busy with fan interaction .I would hope that that is repeated when S5000 has a
full field at a Marque event .

Edited by - BOWYANG on 24 Feb 2020 19:18:55
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds.