No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8 Supercar Fantasy League
 2020 V8CFL - Media Centre
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6465 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 03 Feb 2020 :  19:51:39  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the 2020 V8CFL Media Centre.

Rules are essentially the same as previous years.

To limit excess please only have up to four liveries per team.

For ease please attempt to use the same core numbers for your cars (as was the case last season. However you are free to use any numbers you wish (except #1, reserved for the reigning champion) if you don't wish to use the same core numbers). If the number/s you wish to use were used by another member last season (please check before choosing), please contact them to sort out which of you will use it.

Any manufacturers are good for the media centre. Please ensure the numbers located on the windows are in a yellow font and the driver's names in a white font. Any font you wish to use is fine as long as it is readable.

Keep in mind, when designing, our annual Livery of the Year competition. For continuity please ensure liveries are revealed on a white background. Designs may be posted on other coloured backgrounds, however unless there is at least one on a white background, the designs will not be eligible for LOTY.

As this is all fantasy, you can be as outrageous and creative as you like in regards to your designs. Your sponsors don't have any say in the designs. It's all up to you!

You can also post news updates before, during and after events, team launches, driver updates etc.

Media Centre is now open!

SportsExtra_Motorsport
V8 Champion

New Zealand
932 Posts
joined 29 Nov 08

Posted - 04 Feb 2020 :  14:10:16  Show Profile  Visit SportsExtra_Motorsport's Homepage  Click to see SportsExtra_Motorsport's MSN Messenger address Send SportsExtra_Motorsport a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
151 Motorsport Team Kayo to Launch SUV

151 Motorsport will switch from the aging Nissan Altima to the Nissan X-Trail/Rogue under a renewed partnership with Nissan Australia and Nissan New Zealand. while the team trialed the L34 Nissan in 2019 Nissan wanted to showcase their most popular vehicle for sale in Australia and thus the X-Trail has been chosen. The Vehicle has been undertaking homologation to supercars regulations which has been no easy task

The team has released a render of their vehicle below

The team has also reverted back to its origin 151 number

Driver line ups will be confirmed in the following week when the team unveils its alternate Livery
Team Kayo

Team Red Bus

Edited by - SportsExtra_Motorsport on 14 Feb 2020 00:34:23
Go to Top of Page

Helix
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
271 Posts
joined 09 Dec 07

Posted - 04 Feb 2020 :  20:34:45  Show Profile Send Helix a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Shogun Autosport is broke!

This was the short but alarming statement made by Shogun Autosport owner Helix. Having been on top of the world after winning the 2017 championship things started to unravel within the organisation, "maybe the team got a little cocky, maybe we spent a little too much on the after party and updating the facilities far beyond what we needed, maybe the horse in the 5th at Randwick is a useless donkey that needs to be shot, could be any number of things" Helix said.

subsequent seasons have seen the team fall from grace HARD!
2018 was a "slap in the face , we wern't even in the fight" and saw long time sponsor Quaker State depart the team.
2019 saw the arrival of Leopard and in a turn of events williams F1 sponsored the team for the season which started brilliantly but mid way through the year saw some harsh results which ended with us outside the 10, it was embarresing for all employees.

Shogun Autosport has a comitment to season 2020 so "our doors will not be closed this year" a defiant Helix was heard to have said, however with no appent major sponsors on the table the team had to get creative.
Each driver this year had to be active in sorcing sponsorship for their individual car as no major sponsor wanted to be associated with us until we turn things around on the track and get our act together off it, no more parties, no more construction, NO MORE RANDWICK !

We scowered the offices and breakroom for products we use everyday to try and approch for some sponsorship commitment and im extactic to say we have been able to cover each car with something new and exciting.

Along with the ongoing commitment of long time sponsors and friends at Adidas, Snap-on, Eagle one and official paint supplier House Of Color we are proud to announce the following companies

Carlton & United Breweries under their Great Northern signage
The Coca-Cola Company under Fanta signage
Mars Inc. under Wrigleys and starburst signage
Jack Link's Beef Jerky

We are more than grateful to these mostly American based companies for their faith in us and the Supercar series for the upcoming season but as Harry Hogge from days of thunder once said " They about gave us just enough money to put their name on the car."

without any further pomp and pageantry here is Shogun Autosport's livery lineup for 2020 ( the letters dictate what tier level drivers are running each livery as i'm sure is pretty obvious lol)

2017 V8C Fantasy league series champion

2018 Enduro Cup Champions: Shogun Autosport / Helix and TGI Racing / Professor

2020 V8C Fantasy league E-series champion

Edited by - Helix on 06 Feb 2020 21:21:31
Go to Top of Page

ignition
Terminator

2485 Posts
joined 30 Jan 08

Posted - 05 Feb 2020 :  23:49:41  Show Profile Send ignition a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
it's been a few years since I decided to participate in livery designing, so...

Ford Performance Racing's 2020 Fantasy League liveries

thought i'd continue the tradition

Edited by - ignition on 06 Feb 2020 20:08:54
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11429 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 09 Feb 2020 :  10:56:28  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Your Local Team at CPR

New backing, the same brand of car, increased competitiveness and a promise of more regular, exciting media releases are the hall marks of Nutrien Ag Team Gunnedah for this seasons V8CFL competition.

The team formerly known as 7 Eleven Mobil 1 Racing have returned this year, with a new name, and a backer that is new to Australia.

"Newness is what we are looking for this year" said proud team dictator Craig Paterson. "We are pleased to have Nutrien Ag Solutions as a backer for our great team this season, and we will be doing a great job at showcasing them to Australia, and the world".

"Nutrien Ag Solutions are the new parent company behind Landmark and Ruralco, and are currently rebranding from Landmark and Ruralco to Nutrien" said a spokesman from the company.

The spokesman also had other words to say. "We believe this will be a great partnership between us and Nutrien Ag Team Gunnedah and we believe motor racing such as this would be a great a way to build the brand. After all, we did the same last year with a watermelon farmer cum NASCAR driver in the USA".

The team have also adopted the Team Gunnedah moniker for this season. "Nutrien have a presence in the Gunnedah region as they have stores here, and since there is a Team Sydney in the imitation competition, I decided to adopt the Team Gunnedah branding for ****s and giggles" said an ecstatic team owner.

Nutrien Ag Team Gunnedah will have continued backing from Mobil 1, Ford Performance, Fleetmark and Paccar Australia through their Kenworth Trucks brand. Your local bloke's at CRT will also be backing Nutrien Ag Team Gunnedah this year, as they are a Nutrien company, and there a handful of minor deals to be announced when the car and driver is revealed in the next few weeks.

More to come.
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1464 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 09 Feb 2020 :  22:36:16  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

R&K Motorsports

Coming soon..... to a fantasy league near YOU!

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6465 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 10 Feb 2020 :  21:52:05  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
SOON

Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1464 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 16 Feb 2020 :  13:33:09  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

R&K Motorsports

Gorokan, NSW – With the 2020 season nearly upon us, R&K Motorsports has taken this weekend to unveil their Ford Mustang in which they will campaign.

“With great honor I am informing all that The Yellow Group, and their flagship product, Chiquita bananas, is back on board with sponsorship,” commenced Team Principal Mike.

He continued, “The livery was drawn up by our good mate over at Shogun Autosport, Mr. Helix, He spared no effort with our main sponsor, and associates, Valvoline and Kingsford. He also put the Stars and Bars on the window aft of the B pillar.”

With that, their 2020 Mustang was presented.

“As you can also see, we have tapped Jack Smith to be our driver.”

The reporters covering the banner day then shot a plethora of questions at Mike:

“Isn’t he a little inexperienced?

“Isn’t he a little young?”

“Are you going to make him cut his hair?”

Mike then responded, “Now, now, folks. We are giving Jack a prime opportunity to drive a good car. Richie Stanaway did well for us last season, along with Chris Pither. Both Richie and Chris gave us the nod when we asked about young Jack.”

Meanwhile, back at Yellow Group Headquarters, the Board of Directors were watching via live stream.

“That Mike is a real good publicity man – Hiring a girl to drive the car.”

“That’s not a girl. He’s a bloke.”

“Yeah. RIGHT! Those humans are always joking around. She’s actually pretty cute.”

“No! Bob is SERIOUS! He’s a DUDE! I mean, they all look the same to ME, but to a HUMAN…”

“Well I’ll be a monkey’s uncle! Oh. Wait. I already AM! Twice over!”

Word got out immediately to all R&K fans, both human and primate.

“What’s THIS?” “I have no idea, George.” “Jack Smith in his car after the landing!”

“Could you hurry up, hon? The bathroom is starting to smell real bad.”

“Jack SMITH? Never HEARD of this guy. Whiskey-Tango-FOXtrot?””

Other fans took the news much worse:

“Who in this church thinks this is a bad idea?”

Along with this media presentation, R&K brought back some of the fan favorites from seasons’ past:

The Valvoline Girls. You can LOOK, but you can’t touch. That goes for the car too.

And to honor their good friend and associate, Mr. Helix, a cake was baked for him adorned with his car number, 75, atop it.

Nevermind the Crash Test Dummies and Smokey the Bear, Miss Chiquita was the center of attraction.

Helix was thrilled.

And SOBER!

It is now time to focus on Adelaide – the first dance of the year.

Let us all rock on!

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 27 Feb 2020 07:03:06
Go to Top of Page

V8SuperRiley
Member 00004 of the Church of Ambroseology

Australia
3571 Posts
joined 29 Jan 08

Posted - 20 Feb 2020 :  07:38:41  Show Profile  Visit V8SuperRiley's Homepage  Click to see V8SuperRiley's MSN Messenger address Send V8SuperRiley a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

_Mford

Edited by - V8SuperRiley on 20 Feb 2020 07:40:22
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6465 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 20 Feb 2020 :  21:56:15  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
THE ARROW MOTORSPORT REVEALS EVOLUTION FOR 2020

The Arrow Motorsport has come in to the 2020 season with an evolved team. Continuing with a number of strong drivers from the 2020 season along with an unchanged aerodynamics package, the Mazda6 team is heading into the season with the aim to get back to their winning ways.

After a strong inaugural season in 2008, it has been a difficult run to date for the Central Coast based team.

"We had a strong run in 2017 where we were in the hunt for the championship where we ended up finishing second." said team owner TheArrow.

"But in the eight years between our championship win and our second placing, it has been difficult, even the two years since then. 2019 was definitely a roller coaster season.

"We had a few strong showings with three wins, a second, a third and a number of top fives, culminating in a less than stellar seventeenth out of twenty-one."

Among the evolutions for the team this season are the liveries.

"We decided to run with a similar livery to last season but with a few improvements. We hope."

What has changed, though, are the sponsors for The Arrow Motorsport. Continuing on from 2019 is major sponsorship from TheArrow's personal business Arrow Productions. Leaving the team as major sponsors, however, are Shell V-Power and Supercheap Auto, replaced by Homeworld and, for the first time, factory backing by Mazda Australia.

"We are absolutely thrilled and proud to be able to showcase the incredible brand through full, factory support. We've run with support from Mazda on the rear quarter panels and a few other places. But to have a full car's sponsorship... we're genuinely thrilled."

"We are really looking forward to a strong showing this season. It's too early to say where we will be next season so we race every year like it's our last."

Edited by - TheArrow on 20 Feb 2020 21:56:51
Go to Top of Page

Helix
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
271 Posts
joined 09 Dec 07

Posted - 20 Feb 2020 :  23:09:03  Show Profile Send Helix a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by V8SuperRiley

i do love black and green together, looks mad Riley

2017 V8C Fantasy league series champion

2018 Enduro Cup Champions: Shogun Autosport / Helix and TGI Racing / Professor

2020 V8C Fantasy league E-series champion
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11429 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 21 Feb 2020 :  12:28:16  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Essential Nutrien

Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1464 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 27 Feb 2020 :  07:02:07  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

R&K Motorsports

Gorokan, NSW – After a rousing start to the 2020 season in Adelaide, our banana-backed team traveled back to the peaceful shores of Shelly Beach wherein reflection of the weekend began. A fourth place run in Race 1 was something to cheer for.

“We had a good run right out of the gates,” commented Team Principal Mike. “We usually have bad luck in SA but it looks like things might be different this year.”

Unfortunately our Yank camp pummeled down the order in Race 2 with a 12th place finish, lowlighted by a drive-through penalty dished out to rookie driver Jack Smith.

“I have no idea why I was penalised,“ said Jack post race. “They told me I was holding up Gizzy, but gee…. in MY book, he has to CATCH me first before I hold him up.”

“Rookie biasedness on behalf of the officials," added Mike. "You must realise 888 gets all of the calls."

Race results aside, the bigger news pre-race was Jack Smith shaving his long blonde hair.

”What made you do this, mate?” asked many a reporter.

Before..........................After

“My friends thought it would be a good idea to look a little more professional, that’s all.”

Yellow Group Headquarters was not too impressed by this decision.

“Why would she shave her head? She looked so nice before.”

“I thought you all knew from last week that this is a GUY, not a girl.”

“I don’t care if he is a GIBBON – He looked better with hair.”

“On the UP side, our engineers are telling me that without the hair he’ll have a weight advantage! So that’s a plus!”

R&K Fans apparently felt differently when they got the news and saw the pictures of Jack-O with his buzz cut:

“Am I THAT drunk? He looks like crap. Pour me another, Freddie.”

Complaints via the telephones at Yellow Group Headquarters were also at a high:

“Yes…. yes….. yes…. I understand. We’ll mention it to him. You sure you want me to tell him he looks like that, huh? A crank with peach fuzz?"

Others just cried about it the whole weeekend:

We’ll see you all at the AGP. Until then we’ll just sit on the beach here in Gorokon and let the wind blow through what hair each of us has.

Go to Top of Page

V8SuperRiley
Member 00004 of the Church of Ambroseology

Australia
3571 Posts
joined 29 Jan 08

Posted - 27 Feb 2020 :  11:53:08  Show Profile  Visit V8SuperRiley's Homepage  Click to see V8SuperRiley's MSN Messenger address Send V8SuperRiley a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Helix

quote:
Originally posted by V8SuperRiley

i do love black and green together, looks mad Riley

Thanks man. Black and green would be one of my favorite combos, and with iRacing now allowing you to edit the texture and reflection of the paint, it lets you create these awesome colours.

Your liveries look bloody good too, the Jacks Links one looks bloody awesome.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11429 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 17 Mar 2020 :  09:46:15  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Stop and Hold

There was a strange feeling around the paddock this past Friday, which was to be the scene of round 2 of the 2020 V8CFL season.

"It's pretty weird to do do a race report and have the truck and our #72N Nutrien Ag Solutions Ford Mustang back in the shed at home before the end of the weekend" said bewildered team owner CP.

"It's not even damaged, and it hardly turned a wheel in anger. Its all very weird".

For those that aren't paying very much attention, there is a big angry virus sweeping the Earth, and the past weekend at Melbourne was its latest victim, among many other events around the world, and of course the toll on people.

"I have no idea what we are doing over the next few weeks" said CP. "We've stood Chaz down until we know more, and I have no idea what our wonderful V8CFL leader has in store. He's gone to ground, and apparently isn't allowed back in the country without been quarantined. I did hear a rumour that he is in an isolation room working on a plane called the Spruce Goose though".

"That is the state of play at the moment. It's all very weird though".

Nutrien Ag Team Gunnedah did have a great result at last months Superloop Adelaide 500.

"That could be our only round, and what a result. Chaz brought it home in third in race one, and somehow slipped back to thirteenth in race two. We are fifth in points though, so if Mike decides to axe it there and then, that is a great result for us".

Nutrien Ag Team Gunnedah would like to thank their valued sponsors Nutrien Ag Solutions, CRT, Pioneer Seeds, TengTools, Ford Performance, Pit Viper Sunglasses, Mobil 1, Kenworth and Fleetmark for their valued support so far this year.

We will see you somewhere.

We think.

Results for Nutrien Ag Team Gunnedah
Round 1 - Superloop ADL 500 - Adelaide Street Circuit - Adelaide, SA

Race 1

Pos 3 - #72N - Chaz Mostert - Nutrien Ag Solutions - Ford Mustang

Race 2
Pos 13 - #72N - Chaz Mostert - Nutrien Ag Solutions - Ford Mustang
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1464 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 18 Mar 2020 :  01:53:43  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

V8CFL Coronavirus Update

Gorokan, NSW – While on holiday in Florida, V8CFL Tsar Mike has entrusted his staff at the Yellow Group to make the following announcement:

“We are monitoring the situation carefully and will take what actions are required for the betterment of the series. As of this point, no schedule changes for the Tournament will take place unless canceled rounds continue into the post season. If that is the case, the post season schedule will be altered. If just regular season rounds are canceled, said rounds will be missed. If the racing season comes to an abrupt end tomorrow, we will use the current table to determine our 2020 champion. At this point, it is Ain’t Care Motorsports.

Luckily for us chimps, we are immune to this virus and will continue to watch all episodes and versions of the Planet of the Apes."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.52 seconds.