No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Nascar data to tweak our tracks.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mechz
Formula Ford Driver

271 Posts
joined 16 Mar 09

Posted - 05 Feb 2020 :  13:41:47  Show Profile Send Mechz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So Supercars are going use data analysis tools from Nascar to possibly make racing better.

https://au.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/supercars-tweak-tracks-improve-racing/4680546/

How is this going to go down? They don't own the tracks, and I can almost guarantee they won't be funding the track changes.

I am all for more passing opportunities though.

bludvl
Fujitsu Driver

633 Posts
joined 27 Mar 08

Posted - 05 Feb 2020 :  13:47:20  Show Profile Send bludvl a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Please no.
Changing the tracks to suit the cars will end up with massive corners, with a straight to connect them. Many lanes wide, probably banked to get around them faster.....

Race the tracks that you have, as they are.

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'
-George Santayana
Go to Top of Page

V8SuperRiley
Member 00004 of the Church of Ambroseology

Australia
3560 Posts
joined 29 Jan 08

Posted - 05 Feb 2020 :  21:40:33  Show Profile  Visit V8SuperRiley's Homepage  Click to see V8SuperRiley's MSN Messenger address Send V8SuperRiley a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As I read it, they are talking about slightly tweaking some corners of street tracks, with turn 1 at Newcastle being the prime example.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11297 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 06 Feb 2020 :  11:14:44  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bludvl

Please no.
Changing the tracks to suit the cars will end up with massive corners, with a straight to connect them. Many lanes wide, probably banked to get around them faster.....

Race the tracks that you have, as they are.

So, Supercars on the Dome and AIR bowl then?
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7223 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 06 Feb 2020 :  12:40:37  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by V8SuperRiley

As I read it, they are talking about slightly tweaking some corners of street tracks, with turn 1 at Newcastle being the prime example.

That's fine I reckon. They should fiddle with all street circuits to advocate passing, with the exception of Adelaide.
Leaves only Townsville, Surfers and Newy.

The classics you have to keep the same. Unless it's a safety problem (T8 Adelaide, the Chase Bathurst).

Don't know if we need 'data' for it... just a proper discussion ith the bloke placing the walls/tyres you'd think would do the trick.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

PVDA
Team Manager

2561 Posts
joined 02 Nov 02

Posted - 14 Feb 2020 :  23:07:02  Show Profile Send PVDA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

So, Supercars on the Dome and AIR bowl then?

As a former Thunderdome official I say bring it on, I and a lot of others have fond memories of the Thunderdome.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds.