No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 TP for my bunghole
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11429 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 06 Mar 2020 :  21:48:46  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As The Great Cornholio once said "I Need TP for my bunghole".

As we know people have been bulk buying toilet paper for some weird unknown reason, and until today, I thought it was just a thing they have been doing in the cities, but the toilet paper aisles at Coles and Woolworths here in Gunnedah are completely bare.

Is there some, sound logical explanation about the whole toilet paper saga, or are some people just ****ed beyond measure?

The whole thing's just nuts.

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16199 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 06 Mar 2020 :  22:04:52  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
no logical explanation, the average Australian is as dumb as a rock!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5981 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 07 Mar 2020 :  06:49:40  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I actually thought this would be an American thing, but idiots here are doing it. I can't believe it

I work with a person who was stocking up on things including toilet paper, I asked 'why', they couldn't give me a an answer. I looked them squarely in the eye and said "you know this is just a flu? This isn't the Bubonic Plague, it is just the ****ing flu, 2 weeks and you are over it if you are fit and healthy and IF you catch it. What the **** are you thinking?" They just looked at me like 'dumb as a rock'. So I repeated it is just a flu, and walked off

Someone please tell me the the logic of needing all the toilet paper for the flu, it is NOT gastro or anything. I can't ****ing believe some people

My wife did the normal weekly shopping yesterday and couldn't buy any at our local (regional) Wollies, not because we were stocking up, it just that she buys it when we need it - thanks all you dumb ****s!

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 07 Mar 2020 06:53:06
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1883 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 07 Mar 2020 :  08:20:31  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's not just toilet paper that people are stocking up on. But toilet paper has hit the headlines because it's a large item that uses a fair amount of shelf space. So if a bit more than normal is sold it's easy to notice. It's probably also made the news because it's toilet relate.
Frustratingly, news of a run on toilet paper (or anything) will cause people to stock up. There doesn't need to be panic buying at all, just a rumour that there is somewhere or might be in future. That's enough to cause people to stock up in case it isn't available when they need it. Toilet paper is cheap and nonperishable therefore easy to buy extra and you know it won't go to waste.
If you heard petrol was being purchased in greater quantities and stock was low, you'd fill up before you needed to to avoid the hassle of running out later.

Good thing is, people are forward buying toilet paper. They won't be using any more than normal so those that have stocked up won't need to buy any for a while so sales will be below normal for a time restoring order (or at the very least sales will drop back to normal levels if people decide to maintain higher stock levels in their homes. But over time as people see stock in shops they'll probably return to previous purchasing habits). So the shortage is temporary. It's a flash in the pan.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3118 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 07 Mar 2020 :  15:03:08  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A country full of dead beats.

Trev - because they’re sheep! Dead beat, brainless, sheep
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16199 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 07 Mar 2020 :  23:30:59  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

A country full of dead beats.

Trev - because they’re sheep! Dead beat, brainless, dumb as rocks sheep

Fixed Troy!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

DRB05
Team Manager

Australia
3692 Posts
joined 04 Apr 08

Posted - 08 Mar 2020 :  14:13:59  Show Profile Send DRB05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
its painful, people are stupid, we just did a weekly shop and unfortunately we need some tp..not a single roll on the shelves at any local supermarkets
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5981 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 08 Mar 2020 :  14:17:00  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
****ing sheep everywhere, believing all the **** on TV. We are drowning in ****-wits. Please help us hahahaha

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11429 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 08 Mar 2020 :  15:39:41  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by djr18fan

It's not just toilet paper that people are stocking up on. But toilet paper has hit the headlines because it's a large item that uses a fair amount of shelf space. So if a bit more than normal is sold it's easy to notice. It's probably also made the news because it's toilet relate.
Frustratingly, news of a run on toilet paper (or anything) will cause people to stock up. There doesn't need to be panic buying at all, just a rumour that there is somewhere or might be in future. That's enough to cause people to stock up in case it isn't available when they need it. Toilet paper is cheap and nonperishable therefore easy to buy extra and you know it won't go to waste.
If you heard petrol was being purchased in greater quantities and stock was low, you'd fill up before you needed to to avoid the hassle of running out later.

Good thing is, people are forward buying toilet paper. They won't be using any more than normal so those that have stocked up won't need to buy any for a while so sales will be below normal for a time restoring order (or at the very least sales will drop back to normal levels if people decide to maintain higher stock levels in their homes. But over time as people see stock in shops they'll probably return to previous purchasing habits). So the shortage is temporary. It's a flash in the pan.

I can see the point if there were issues at the various paper mills, but this is just truly astonishing.

The bonobos, lemurs, chimpanzees and gorillas in Africa are laughing at us.
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8294 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 08 Mar 2020 :  19:02:39  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So is this Australia wide?

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11429 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 08 Mar 2020 :  19:50:13  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

So is this Australia wide?

Sadly.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5981 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 09 Mar 2020 :  06:28:25  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And America now too it seems

Go to Top of Page

Preditor
Transporter Driver

65 Posts
joined 14 Aug 19

Posted - 09 Mar 2020 :  18:15:28  Show Profile Send Preditor a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I actually thought this would be an American thing, but idiots here are doing it. I can't believe it

I work with a person who was stocking up on things including toilet paper, I asked 'why', they couldn't give me a an answer. I looked them squarely in the eye and said "you know this is just a flu? This isn't the Bubonic Plague, it is just the ****ing flu, 2 weeks and you are over it if you are fit and healthy and IF you catch it. What the **** are you thinking?" They just looked at me like 'dumb as a rock'. So I repeated it is just a flu, and walked off

Someone please tell me the the logic of needing all the toilet paper for the flu, it is NOT gastro or anything. I can't ****ing believe some people

My wife did the normal weekly shopping yesterday and couldn't buy any at our local (regional) Wollies, not because we were stocking up, it just that she buys it when we need it - thanks all you dumb ****s!

If you think this virus is just the flu, then boy you are very ill informed. this virus was man made in a lab in china and was accidentally release hence the first person the contract and die was a healthy scientist.

I heard there will be a name change to the series next year, the new name is Penske mustang cup series with their major sponsor to be Laxative guarantee to clear any backing up at Bathurst 2020.
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1883 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 09 Mar 2020 :  18:33:02  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Preditor

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

If you think this virus is just the flu, then boy you are very ill informed. this virus was man made in a lab in china and was accidentally release hence the first person the contract and die was a healthy scientist.

You panic buying toilet paper? Or just tin foil?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13458 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 09 Mar 2020 :  22:26:02  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I had the day off today because of the weather so i thought i'll do a bit of shopping while i'm out dropping the boy to school.
At Victoria Point. 2 Woolworths 1 Coles and an Aldi. No Toilet Paper. It's still pissing down rain so i thought i'll o and pick him up from his school at Cleveland so he doesn't have to catch the bus.
Cleveland has a Coles, a Woolworths and an Aldi.

Not one ****ing roll. I only wanted a pack of it. We are down to the last 5 rolls with 4 people occasionally 5 in the house.

To all these numb nutted ****tards that are stockpiling it. If i see it in your garage or see you doing it, i swear i will smear **** all over your front door

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1883 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 10 Mar 2020 :  04:25:28  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gotta be Roland's fault. Somehow.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.8 seconds.