No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 TP for my bunghole
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11429 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 28 Mar 2020 :  13:21:24  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Aldi had toilet paper today, and had plenty of stock, which means:

1) The crazies have bought all they needed and won't need any more

or;

2) The crazies do not know about this yet

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5981 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 28 Mar 2020 :  15:16:37  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
1) they are fully stocked

2) Border Control is stopping shipping containers from leaving the country

Bonus for the rest of us

as an aside I did hear that some loonies are trying to take it back to the supermarkets but they are refusing to take it

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

13016 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 28 Mar 2020 :  23:23:18  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Did you hear? Border police have just seized 2 tons of toilet paper hidden in cocaine.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5981 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 Mar 2020 :  06:51:13  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
hahahahaha

My daughter rang the Police last night on her neighbours, they were having a social gathering of about 30 people, they are from the middle east. The police said that they were having complaints from all over about exactly the same issue. I really hoped they issued them a $1000 fine per family

Go to Top of Page

Preditor
Transporter Driver

65 Posts
joined 14 Aug 19

Posted - 29 Mar 2020 :  13:06:01  Show Profile Send Preditor a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

hahahahaha

My daughter rang the Police last night on her neighbours, they were having a social gathering of about 30 people, they are from the middle east. The police said that they were having complaints from all over about exactly the same issue. I really hoped they issued them a $1000 fine per family

I don't get it why did your daughter call the police , i mean as you say its just the flu, tell your daughter to take some codral cold and flu and she be right in the morning.

I heard there will be a name change to the series next year, the new name is Penske mustang cup series with their major sponsor to be Laxative guarantee to clear any backing up at Bathurst 2020.
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1885 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 29 Mar 2020 :  15:19:56  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Preditor

quote:

hahahahaha

I don't get it why did your daughter call the police , i mean as you say its just the flu, tell your daughter to take some codral cold and flu and she be right in the morning.

Maybe she suspected that number of people in the mosque next door (or building being used as a place of worship) wasn't large enough to ensure 4 square metres per person?

Or, did she suspect Mossad agents were deliberately spreading a new strain of the virus?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5981 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 Mar 2020 :  15:41:20  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am out, **** wits have moved in

Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6848 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 29 Mar 2020 :  19:55:04  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

hahahahaha

Not sure what her perception of the way they look has anything to do with this? Why not just say, her neighbour had a gathering?

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1885 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 30 Mar 2020 :  06:35:25  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

quote:

hahahahaha

Not sure what her perception of the way they look has anything to do with this? Why not just say, her neighbour had a gathering?

Trev didn't say they looked different. That's your assumption (which is interesting in itself). For all we know, Trev's daughter knows the neighbours well and contacted the police because she felt discriminated against because she wasn't invited.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5981 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 30 Mar 2020 :  08:40:01  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I always thought that an unwritten rule was discussions by others on ones families was a no-no, but I guess that that must be a 'gentleman's agreement'

Go to Top of Page

Bloopy
V8 Champion

New Zealand
1220 Posts
joined 20 Oct 11

Posted - 01 Apr 2020 :  17:27:48  Show Profile  Visit Bloopy's Homepage Send Bloopy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

Surely if they're from a different culture and the message hasn't gotten through due to a language barrier or whatever, then it's ok to discuss genuine concerns about that. With at least some of the blame arguably falling on the government for not having communicated better. Nothing to do with how they look.
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6848 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 01 Apr 2020 :  20:04:07  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by djr18fan

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

quote:

hahahahaha

Trev didn't say they looked different. That's your assumption (which is interesting in itself). For all we know, Trev's daughter knows the neighbours well and contacted the police because she felt discriminated against because she wasn't invited.

Open your eyes.

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1885 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 11 Apr 2020 :  08:15:01  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stats show Australia led the world in panic buying.

That's my conclusion after looking at Google's mobility data. Some countries managed a few days at high levels, but no one matched Australia for sustained high levels of trips to supermarkets.

It's possible that a lack of stock resulted in people making leaving stores without the goods they needed, having to return again & again.
Does this point to a supply problem or just lots of idiots?

https://www.google.com/covid19/mobility/

_Mford

Edited by - djr18fan on 11 Apr 2020 08:15:54
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22656 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 11 Apr 2020 :  08:31:09  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

That's my conclusion after looking at Google's mobility data. Some countries managed a few days at high levels, but no one matched Australia for sustained high levels of trips to supermarkets.

It's possible that a lack of stock resulted in people making leaving stores without the goods they needed, having to return again & again.

Lots of Kiwis over here...
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1885 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 11 Apr 2020 :  10:36:50  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:

Lots of Kiwis over here...

More of them in NZ where panic buying was not as prevalent. That suggests that without kiwi's in Oz, your stats would be even worse.

_Mford

Edited by - djr18fan on 11 Apr 2020 10:37:48
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.84 seconds.