No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 No more mass gatherings and V8s
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

fordman
V8 Champion

1324 Posts
joined 11 Oct 10

Posted - 13 Mar 2020 :  16:45:13  Show Profile Send fordman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PM just advised non-essential events of 500 or more should be cancelled and given talk is this will be "some months" I wonder what SC are planning?

Racing without crowds Like cricket?, reschedule? that will be extremely hard given no end date to the ban? Cancel completely round by round until over?

I suspect many sports are mulling over the problem.

Edited by - fordman on 13 Mar 2020 16:46:40

fordie
Formula Ford Driver

256 Posts
joined 13 Jul 08

Posted - 13 Mar 2020 :  16:46:47  Show Profile Send fordie a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This might break the camels back for some teams....... income etc?
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1699 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 13 Mar 2020 :  17:05:36  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Should've hosted Adelaide now.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

JD
V8 Champion

1105 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

Posted - 13 Mar 2020 :  17:09:22  Show Profile  Visit JD's Homepage Send JD a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
These sort of statements make the whole issue a contradiction and in addition whose going to police this.

The stupidity is there seems to be no problem with less so let in 499 and presumably you're good to go
Go to Top of Page

billybanana
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
721 Posts
joined 09 Nov 05

Posted - 13 Mar 2020 :  18:47:23  Show Profile Send billybanana a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So even without crowds, how many people belong to the travelling circus that comes with a normal round ?
Go to Top of Page

bludvl
Fujitsu Driver

674 Posts
joined 27 Mar 08

Posted - 13 Mar 2020 :  18:49:54  Show Profile Send bludvl a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
With 23 cars, you only need 22 people per car to blow that out of the water.

Supercars isn't a sport.

Its a category of motor racing.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17442 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 13 Mar 2020 :  22:06:31  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
does have me concerned for many events that I attend... Easter 6 hour has to be under a cloud... even a 'small' event like the next VicState round would blow out 500 easily without any patrons... maybe 250 cars? plus crew, plus flaggies, plus recovery...

any get together of any substance will be shut down from the 500 rule.

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10745 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 13 Mar 2020 :  23:21:31  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll be very surprised if Symmons Plains isn't cancelled or postponed within a few days. It's just ****ed but. Like every day I'm reading about more and more motorsport events being cancelled or postponed. Racing without crowds would be ****, but I'd prefer it over a complete cancellation.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

greenstuf
Transporter Driver

37 Posts
joined 24 Sep 07

Posted - 14 Mar 2020 :  01:14:35  Show Profile  Visit greenstuf's Homepage Send greenstuf a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't care about the absence of crowds I just want to see some racing
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6848 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 14 Mar 2020 :  03:15:23  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by greenstuf

I don't care about the absence of crowds I just want to see some racing

Seems like that is a far fetched shot!

So, what is the best Motorsport content to watch in the absence of sport for possibly some months? Ideas, suggestions are welcome!!

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

Celicaman
Transporter Driver

United Kingdom
4 Posts
joined 31 Aug 18

Posted - 14 Mar 2020 :  04:16:14  Show Profile Send Celicaman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
British touring cars I say our government seem to have the idea of letting everyone get it then immunity kicks in Cheltenham races just went ahead with crowds of 95000 canít see BTCC not going ahead
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1885 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 14 Mar 2020 :  09:16:00  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Celicaman

British touring cars I say our government seem to have the idea of letting everyone get it then immunity kicks in Cheltenham races just went ahead with crowds of 95000 canít see BTCC not going ahead

"Getting it over and done with" will cause deaths.

China locked down cities, confined residents and built new hospitals almost overnight.
I don't think any other country could do that. And China still had many deaths.

"Getting it over and done with" would have far worse consequences.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/14-03-2020/after-flatten-the-curve-we-must-now-stop-the-spread-heres-what-that-means/

During an outbreak, if we canít control the spread of the disease, then the number of sick people quickly rises. For Covid-19 we know this: about two out of every 10 people will need to be hospitalised for between two and six weeks. About one in 20 people will end up in intensive care, and one in a hundred will need a ventilator to help them breathe.

But we only have so many hospital and intensive care beds and ventilators. And they arenít just sitting around waiting for an outbreak. Lots of them are already being used to care for people with things other than Covid-19. In New Zealand, we are just about to head into winter, the busiest season of the year for hospitals. If Covid-19 took hold here, our medical staff could find themselves in the awful position of having to decide who gets a bed or a ventilator. If you donít think this could happen read this report about Italy.

"Getting it over and done with" might be fine if everyone on the planet was young and healthy. They aren't.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

abhibeckert
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
436 Posts
joined 10 Jan 18

Posted - 14 Mar 2020 :  09:28:28  Show Profile  Visit abhibeckert's Homepage Send abhibeckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

So, what is the best Motorsport content to watch in the absence of sport for possibly some months?

https://youtu.be/Jvbl9KfduKk
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4616 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 14 Mar 2020 :  09:41:43  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Surely they'll allow the event to happen, just without crowds? When compared to Footy, you got to think it's safer for Supercar Teams vs Footy teams to go ahead?
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10527 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 14 Mar 2020 :  11:07:15  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

Surely they'll allow the event to happen, just without crowds? When compared to Footy, you got to think it's safer for Supercar Teams vs Footy teams to go ahead?

How many independent promoters want an event with no crowds?

Winton as an example for instance, they promote their own Supercars round and pay Supercars to attend....how do they make their money bank with no spectators allowed? They donít get a cut of the TV deal....
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17442 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 14 Mar 2020 :  12:55:09  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

How many independent promoters want an event with no crowds?

Winton as an example for instance, they promote their own Supercars round and pay Supercars to attend....how do they make their money bank with no spectators allowed? They donít get a cut of the TV deal....

a good question FbF! Winton already loses spectacular amounts of $ to put on the show, they certainly wouldn't want to be losing more...

add to that how much would it cost the Winton region in money they don't make because of nobody coming for that weekend??!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.56 seconds.