No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8 Supercar Fantasy League
 2020 V8CFL - State of the Series/Pandemic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1428 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 22 Mar 2020 :  10:07:58  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All,

Now that I am back from my shortened holiday, I have time to settle in and think. Not like I didn't have that on holiday but there are less distractions now.

The 2020 V8CFL will continue to operate as per the rules. Any canceled races/rounds will be recognized as such and not scored.

Prior to Round 2, Shogun Autosport and 151 Motorsport made roster changes with respect to Group E. Seeing as how Round 2 was never held, these changes will go into effect for the next staged round. However, these changes can also be reneged prior to the next staged round without penalty.

The allowed changes for all groups will remain the same, even if the season is shortened.

The current table is the current table. If no more rounds are run for 2020 the table is final.

Now, if the series decides to run a split winter/summer 2020/2021 campaign, the V8CFL will recognize this and change accordingly. In short, the V8CFL season, in this case, will not/may not end prior to 2021.

As for the V8CFL Tournament, no matches have been held. Once the 2020 season re-commences, I should get a good idea on how many rounds will be staged. I will then reformat the matchups so that all 15 members have the same number of race matchups and the last two rounds will subsequently be used for the post season Ė whichever rounds those might be, in 2020 or 2021, depending on what the series does. All race matchup reformatting will be done prior to the next staged round.

But I am in this to the end with you guys. Weíll just have to wait until we get a good read on what the series will do come May/June.

The eseries will not be used in any way, shape, or form in the V8CFL.

In the meantime, stay well, be safe, and keep your spirits up. There is more to life than motorsport. But on the other hand, we have to preserve life to ENJOY motorsport.

Let us commence preservation.

Cheers from the States mates,

Mike

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 21 May 2020 11:22:33

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7348 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 23 Mar 2020 :  10:52:21  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for your commitment, Mike!

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1428 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 25 Mar 2020 :  02:10:12  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

Thanks for your commitment, Mike!

You're welcome skaifey.

Looking at some other racing series, NASCAR and IndyCar are going to sit idle until May 9 - Martinsville and the GP of Indianapolis respectively. F1 will be idle until the Canada Round June 12-14. The NHRA has their next scheduled event earmarked in April, the weekend of the 17th-19th in Houston, with two postponements/cancellations in between. That one might be a stretch.

Apparently, though, there is still optimism that all can get their respective seasons going again as they have not yet closed the book on 2020. F1 is the most tough for it is all international.

I am hoping the Supercars can get going again. If Bathurst, or any of the other races are run as stand-alone races, and the current formula is used, the V8CFL will recognize said races and points will be awarded based on the Supercars points structure, or what it WOULD have been prior to the stand alone running.

But let us assume Supercars does not run anymore and the 2020 season is done. Everything in the V8CFL will stand as is and we will start fresh in 2021. The difficulty there is that we will have no idea how the teams are going to perform based on their 2020 success. This will make 2021 quite interesting. 2021, or the next true seasonal campaign, will be a full reset for us if racing stops until then.

I am assuming the series will maintain the current formula for their cars, too. That would make sense. Now is not the time to complicate things and bicker. We'll let the United States Senate do that.

Addendum to the above:

"If Bathurst, or any of the other races are run as stand-alone races..."

If Supercars waives the co-driver rule and any combination of drivers can then pair up for Enduros, the V8CFL will NOT recognize said events/rounds. This ruling will avoid a possible scenario such as this:

Winterbottom and Pye pair up in one of Charlie's cars. Then two second rate guys like me and The Arrow are in the second car. Depending on how Charlie numbers his cars, let's say Frosty and Pye in the 18, for everyone who has Pye's car 20 on their roster, they have been seriously disadvantaged, and that would be unfair. They would be stuck with me and The Arrow and forced to make a change.

Or they could be complete idiots and keep the car 20 in this case.... but this ruling is attempting to make the V8CFL idiot proof.

18/5:

As the sanctioning body has produced a schedule for the remainder of the 2020 season, which stretches into 2021, I have created a revised schedule for the 2020/2021 V8CFL Tournament.

Each team will have eight matchups. Four of those will be against a division rival. With five teams per division, that equates to racing everyone in your division once. The remaining four matchups will be against teams outside of your division. The last two rounds will be the post season.

Once the season is ready to recommence, I will finalize the schedule, but it should be good to go. My only concern is that Townsville might not go off.

If, for any reason, a round is canceled, the V8CFL Tournament will recognize said cancellation and that round will be dropped. This will equate to some teams not running the same amount of races as other, but so be it.

If rounds are rescheduled, for example Round 7 and 8 switched, the V8CFL Tournament will recognize the rounds as numbered. So, wherever the races are staged for that round, the matchups for that round number will be used vice the round venue.

I have updated the V8CFL Tournament thread as applicable.

To be continued, of course.

21/5:

With the announcement that 23Red is no longer racing due to sponsorship issues, and Adderton and Courtney have secured the REC, I am hereby adjusting the car choices for Group C wherein the 44(?) car will replace the 23 car. The teams are basically the same. With Tickford support, it is more proper to put JC in Group C then to place him in a tiebreaker group.

In conclusion, any members who have the 23 Car will now have the 44(?) Car of Courtney unless they decide to swap it/him out. If no swap is made, no change will be charged to the V8CFL member(s). In my judgement, if Courtney's car was to be numbered the 23 Car, the rules would support this. I see it as a driver change and car number change only. Not a race team change.

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 21 May 2020 11:27:11
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7348 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 21 May 2020 :  11:39:35  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mikeamerica84

21/5:

With the announcement that 23Red is no longer racing due to sponsorship issues, and Adderton and Courtney have secured the REC, I am hereby adjusting the car choices for Group C wherein the 44(?) car will replace the 23 car. The teams are basically the same. With Tickford support, it is more proper to put JC in Group C then to place him in a tiebreaker group.

In conclusion, any members who have the 23 Car will now have the 44(?) Car of Courtney unless they decide to swap it/him out. If no swap is made, no change will be charged to the V8CFL member(s). In my judgement, if Courtney's car was to be numbered the 23 Car, the rules would support this. I see it as a driver change and car number change only. Not a race team change.

I think that's fair.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1428 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 21 May 2020 :  11:52:49  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

quote:
Originally posted by mikeamerica84

21/5:

I think that's fair.

I'm ad libbing and winging it, mate!

Go to Top of Page

Helix
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
263 Posts
joined 09 Dec 07

Posted - 21 May 2020 :  19:45:12  Show Profile Send Helix a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i think thats more than fair, times like this have never been seen before so i guess we just have to play it by ear and i think your doing a great job Mike.

i just checked my team and i never had Will in it so JC coming in wont effect me, ill still live by the forced change as it was after round 1 out JC in percat in group E

2017 V8 Fantasy league series champion

2018 Enduro Cup Champions: Shogun Autosport / Helix and TGI Racing / Professor
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds.