No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 What Future Effect will the Virus have on Sponsers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

WarrenK
Transporter Driver

Australia
52 Posts
joined 20 Feb 13

Posted - 31 Mar 2020 :  12:21:54  Show Profile Send WarrenK a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With large and small companies having to shut down to the point they might not start up again or losing vast amounts of money what effect will this have on future sponsorship deals. Next years Supercar grid(nothing will happen this year)will look different with the number of sponsors and teams, sadly I think for the worst.

Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat with experience every time.

fordman
V8 Champion

1324 Posts
joined 11 Oct 10

Posted - 31 Mar 2020 :  14:02:46  Show Profile Send fordman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not sure nothing will happen this year some footy teams have lost sponsors already. It will be case by case situation I would think, but will bet money they have been talking to all sponsors they have. To keep all sponsors would be something special I believe. It will be worrying times for ALL sports. Plus its not a good time for a TV deal to be done, I believe one of the footy codes is worried Foxtel is about to walk away????
Go to Top of Page

NinnyMan
Team Manager

1635 Posts
joined 13 Dec 07

Posted - 31 Mar 2020 :  16:30:23  Show Profile Send NinnyMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
In the hardest hit industries I would guess that some businesses might not have the capacity to come back to operate let-alone sponsor sport.
I fear potential problems with the likes of Virgin Australia's for example with their sport sponsorship agreements.

On the flip side, once this is all over I am sure a lot of businesses who do survive may well find the need to sponsor sports to re-engage with the
community to help re-generate business.

Foxtel and Rugby Australia parted ways before the COVID-19 all really began I am led to believe.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7383 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 31 Mar 2020 :  17:11:05  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Foxtel are re-negotiating in their own favour with some codes. Saying they'll keep the money flowing this year, but signing them up long term for less money in the future.
Certainly, the NRL salary cap won't be the same for a while (which from what I can tell was paid for by the TV deal).

Not sure if it'll do much to the Supercars deal? If anything, this has solidified the fact that next year will be status quo regarding regs and Holden v Ford - rather than coming up with an empty plate as it seemed before this?

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1883 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 31 Mar 2020 :  17:24:55  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A name sponsor for the e-series has been secured despite the current situation. So you never know.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11429 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 31 Mar 2020 :  17:27:48  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by NinnyMan

In the hardest hit industries I would guess that some businesses might not have the capacity to come back to operate let-alone sponsor sport.
I fear potential problems with the likes of Virgin Australia's for example with their sport sponsorship agreements.

On the flip side, once this is all over I am sure a lot of businesses who do survive may well find the need to sponsor sports to re-engage with the
community to help re-generate business.

Foxtel and Rugby Australia parted ways before the COVID-19 all really began I am led to believe.

Virgin Australia had issues before the virus took hold.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/flights/after-years-of-success-how-did-it-all-go-wrong-for-virgin-australia/news-story/891fe3986df63d3a3b96ac711a10a6e0
Go to Top of Page

abhibeckert
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
435 Posts
joined 10 Jan 18

Posted - 01 Apr 2020 :  11:13:31  Show Profile  Visit abhibeckert's Homepage Send abhibeckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
At the end of the day, teams and the series will spend all of the money they can get their hands on.

Even if the budget is massively reduced, I don't think the racing or coverage will necessarily suffer.

Maybe a few small teams might go away, but the only major loss might be a few of the more expensive tracks. Street circuits are expensive. And so is traveling to Tasmania and New Zealand.

I can't see the Foxtel deal going away - the need to have the major sports to keep their subscriber base.

Edited by - abhibeckert on 01 Apr 2020 11:18:36
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10527 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 01 Apr 2020 :  21:47:05  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by abhibeckert

At the end of the day, teams and the series will spend all of the money they can get their hands on.

Even if the budget is massively reduced, I don't think the racing or coverage will necessarily suffer.

Maybe a few small teams might go away, but the only major loss might be a few of the more expensive tracks. Street circuits are expensive. And so is traveling to Tasmania and New Zealand.

I can't see the Foxtel deal going away - the need to have the major sports to keep their subscriber base.

Will they have a subscriber base when this is all over?
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16199 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 01 Apr 2020 :  23:42:08  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:

Well I'm not getting what I paid for so,it's on borrowed time at my place. I got an email from Foxtel,yesterday, I think I should read it, it had better mention a reduction in my fees or they can bashing up their arse!
Supercars is in no position to bargain with anybody, really, they don't have a product after this year and sliding into recession due to COVID-19 isn't going to help finding new partners to siphon money from!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

sizzle
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
339 Posts
joined 29 Dec 03

Posted - 02 Apr 2020 :  14:33:43  Show Profile Send sizzle a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:

quote:

Well I'm not getting what I paid for so,it's on borrowed time at my place. I got an email from Foxtel,yesterday, I think I should read it, it had better mention a reduction in my fees or they can bashing up their arse!
Supercars is in no position to bargain with anybody, really, they don't have a product after this year and sliding into recession due to COVID-19 isn't going to help finding new partners to siphon money from!

If it was like mine it said I now have movie channels till end of June.
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6848 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 02 Apr 2020 :  17:43:19  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sizzle

quote:

quote:

quote:

If it was like mine it said I now have movie channels till end of June.

To throw another thought into the mix, I love the Fox broadcast (I subscribe to Kayo), but if we all pull the pin on these services, they won't exist out the other side of this and we won't have anything to enjoy.

Undoubtedly the financial situation of all subscribers will be different and not everyone will be able to afford to maintain their service.

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17441 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 02 Apr 2020 :  18:04:30  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
hopefully all sports will crash and get back to basics and remember what they are really about... at a cost that is much more sustainable.

Go to Top of Page

abhibeckert
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
435 Posts
joined 10 Jan 18

Posted - 02 Apr 2020 :  18:55:22  Show Profile  Visit abhibeckert's Homepage Send abhibeckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Well I'm not getting what I paid for so,it's on borrowed time at my place.

I cancelled Foxtel when Kayo came out... itís better than Foxtel if you have a smart tv.

Then I cancelled Kayo the day after the Melbourne GP was cancelled figuring every other sport would follow, which ended up being the case.

But now Telstra has a deal to get Kayo for just $15 per month - so Iíve signed up again. Even with hardly any of my favourite sports itís well worth it at that price.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10527 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 02 Apr 2020 :  20:01:03  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If this situation carries on for 6 months , will Foxtel survive?

quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

hopefully all sports will crash and get back to basics and remember what they are really about... at a cost that is much more sustainable.

Exactly my thinking
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16199 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 03 Apr 2020 :  00:33:16  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
TV money has screwed sports. Take it away and there won't be any $1M NRL players, Half million dollar AFL players, and the stupidist of the lot, 200M Euro soccer players! Good ridance to the lot! Probably wont be any Supercars either as the States wont have the cash to pay their ridiculus licensing fees. RECs are ineffect worthless as we type!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1883 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 03 Apr 2020 :  07:35:05  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Experience post disaster - such as Christchurch earthquake - is that people want experiences that make them feel better. After a period of adversity - enjoyment is embraced. Attendance at events increases. More attendees and viewers equals greater opportunities for sponsorship reward. Sponsors like being associated with feel good events.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.08 seconds.