No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 General Libs vs ALP Thread #2
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5977 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 08 Apr 2020 :  08:03:30  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have never seen seen such a lying, spin doctoring **** Federal Government in all my years

I reserve the right to arm bears

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10042 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 08 Apr 2020 :  08:17:45  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It has done a lot of lying and spin-doctoring, but in its handling of the current COVID-19 crisis, IMHO it has been doing a pretty good job.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5977 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 08 Apr 2020 :  08:24:03  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
nah, all the bull-**** they are spinning about the job-keeper, they are doing **** in the background to the Fair Work Act, that is why it needs to go through Parliament

And the Child Care bull-**** means my wife's wages and hundreds of Family Cay Care Educators across Australia will have their pay cut by 50%, these are nearly 100% women on low wages who sub-contract their labour to FDC Providers, some are Councils. They provide this service in their own homes. These are people who are running their own business, not long Day care Centres, they have a maximum of 4 kids under 5 and a maximum of 3 school age kids, they fall under the same rules and legislation as long day care centres so they get it in the neck.

The Governments response has been appalling, I received an email reply back from Albanese's office saying that they can make the Child Care changes without having to go through Parliament - the dodgy ****ers

Edited by - Trev on 08 Apr 2020 08:28:12
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10042 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 08 Apr 2020 :  09:23:46  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Trev, I'm sure there are plenty of instances where there are no ideal solutions to the problems caused by this crisis, and your wife's situation may be one of them. You would know more than most of us about the situation for Day Care educators, so I won't agree or disagree with what you said, but I did see this https://www.dese.gov.au/covid-19/childcare/childcare-faqfamilyinhomecare which seems reasonable to me. I know more about the issue from the other side, where my daughter was told by the child care centre my grand-daughter attends that if she took her daughter out, she would still be charged the full amount for the period agreed to in the agreement signed when she enrolled her daughter. That went out the window with the government's decision to cover the fees for child care for the next six months.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5977 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 08 Apr 2020 :  09:29:08  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
so, they are cutting her wages by 50%, but logon here to TRY to get get JobKeeper or maybe JobSeeker if it ever comes together, oh hang on, that will be in May sometime, maybe - they are full of ****

These people are LOW wage earners, my wife charges $9.00 ph per child, so a maximum of $36 per hour - as a sub-contractor who provides EVERYTHING (excluding food and nappies) and has to maintain a Quality System to National Standards/Legislation (just the same as a Long Day Care Centre but without all the Admin support), who is subject to planned and random safety audits, checkups, etc

Why are they missing out, typical of this ****ed up Government, shaft the working class and she is a 'small business owner'( a sole trader) that they ****ing crow on about

Edited by - Trev on 08 Apr 2020 09:35:15
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10042 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 08 Apr 2020 :  10:05:03  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If your wife is one of those who currently "falls through the cracks" as the government scrambles to cover all issues resulting from the effects of the current crisis, I am sorry that is happening to her, but as much as I can find heaps to criticise about this government and a lot of its ministers, I think it has been doing a pretty good job - EDIT to add: "in this current crisis". It must go against everything that Morrison has preached since be entered politics to do what he is doing, but he's doing it. He has also adopted the Hawke consensus model to arrive at numerous decisions. I'm sure the ACTU and Sally McManus weren't expecting to be called upon for their advice and input, and were probably more surprised that their advice was acted upon.

Edited by - Zac on 08 Apr 2020 10:06:55
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5977 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 08 Apr 2020 :  10:37:26  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They are acting more 'left' than the Labor Party.. He knew he ****ed up the fire disaster so ol' 'Scotty from Marketing' knew he had to do something to recover

Interestingly, when there are Health media briefings here in Victoria, the OIC Doctor is doing them, very rarely do you see Dan Andrews (who I reckon is doing an awesome job), however when the Fed Doctor OIC is on, he is ALWAYS preceded by Scotty from Marketing

Don't be mistaken here, they are doing the old 'slight of hand' thing - "here look over here, look at my right hand" all the time the left hand is doing sneaky and under-handed stuff

Edited by - Trev on 08 Apr 2020 10:38:59
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10042 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 08 Apr 2020 :  11:02:45  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Don't be mistaken here, they are doing the old 'sleight of hand' thing - "here look over here, look at my right hand" all the time the left hand is doing sneaky and under-handed stuff

That's politics for you, but it's the right hand more likely to be doing the sneaky stuff right now. I gave up having full trust in politicians when I was about 19 - and that's over 50 years ago.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5977 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 08 Apr 2020 :  12:01:26  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah, sorry, should have read:

they are doing the old 'slight of hand' thing - "here look over here, look at my 'left' hand" all the time the 'right' hand is doing sneaky and under-handed stuff

I emailed Albo, Wong, Plibersek and Burley, got a response from all, well their sidekicks anyway, the one from Albanese's person was quite funny. I am not going to post it here, but it gave me a chuckle

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10042 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 08 Apr 2020 :  12:53:50  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, go on. You can block any names to protect the innocent, if that helps.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.19 seconds.