No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General Motoring
 Most trusted car brands in Australia
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14539 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 29 May 2020 :  07:52:16  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No real surprises here! Nice to see Ford moving up and above BMW

https://www.caradvice.com.au/852970/most-trusted-car-brands/?fbclid=IwAR1VSkvdRpV2QzDg8e6e0V_i4pOcDY13PK0gAIUGwIXdrBX1Yc5HDG4dGaM

Japanese car giant Toyota has once again been named the most trusted car brand in Australia, but consumers have increasing faith in electric-car challenger brand Tesla – and 'distrust' Holden and Volkswagen, new research has found.

According to automotive and transport data from Roy Morgan's annual Risk Report for 2020 – an annual survey of more than 7000 respondents – Toyota is held in high regard, followed by Mazda in second place and Tesla in third place.

While Toyota and Mazda regularly claim the top spots in reliability and customer sentiment surveys such as this one, the real surprise is Tesla, which climbed from seventh place in 2019 to knock Honda out of third spot in 2020.

Tesla only launched in the Australian market in 2014 and has steadfastly abstained from sharing its local sales figures. Currently, only three Tesla vehicles are available to buy in Australia – the Model S, Model 3 and Model X.

Mercedes-Benz was another brand that climbed the list this year, from eighth place in 2019 to fifth place in 2020. Meanwhile, both Mitsubishi and Kia fell out of the top 11 most trusted brands from 2019 to 2020, replaced by new entrants BMW and Uber.

Uber – the only ride-share service to appear in the top 11 – is included in the data as part of the transport segment, while the automotive segment tracks 35 major brands including car manufacturers and dealers, mechanic service brands, and tyre and spare parts suppliers.

"Only two car manufacturers are distrusted overall: Volkswagen and Holden, a response to the former’s emissions scandal and the latter’s closing of Australian facilities," Roy Morgan said. Both brands were also distrusted in 2019.

"Poor quality product or service, dishonesty and unaffordability are the key themes for Australians who distrust brands in the automotive industry," Roy Morgan said.

In further Roy Morgan data from April 2020 – gathered during the COVID-19 crisis – the automotive industry was the fifth most-trusted industry in the country, behind the retail sector in first place, the supermarket sector in second and consumer products in third place.

Overall, Roy Morgan found "more Australians trust brands in [the automotive and transport] industry than distrust these brands".

Australia's 10 most trusted automotive brands for 2020
Toyota
Mazda
Tesla
Honda
Mercedes-Benz
Subaru
Nissan
Hyundai
Ford
Uber
BMW
Australia's 10 most trusted automotive brands in 2019

Toyota
Mazda
Honda
Subaru
Nissan
Hyundai
Tesla
Mercedes-Benz
Kia
Ford
Mitsubishi

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 29 May 2020 07:54:00

Coyote302
V8 Champion

Australia
1022 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

Posted - 29 May 2020 :  08:45:00  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I thought Mercedes-Benz had a bad reputation with customer service, and didn't Mazda cop a reaming from the ACCC recently?

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17496 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 29 May 2020 :  10:15:34  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Uber is a brand??

Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8301 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 01 Jun 2020 :  09:30:08  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So Kia & Hyundai have dropped down the order - are the Korean brands a bit over rated? Or more untrustworthy as the research has found.

Go to Top of Page

Bloopy
V8 Champion

New Zealand
1230 Posts
joined 20 Oct 11

Posted - 01 Jun 2020 :  14:37:11  Show Profile  Visit Bloopy's Homepage Send Bloopy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Most of the press I've seen about Uber has been negative. Drivers treated like slaves - underpaid or not getting timely help when they get locked out of the app they depend on. Passengers treated like a commodity, with a few almost losing their ability to get a ride after a driver rated them down for not being chatty enough or taking a phone call.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22674 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 01 Jun 2020 :  15:17:10  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

So Kia & Hyundai have dropped down the order - are the Korean brands a bit over rated? Or more untrustworthy as the research has found.

The Hyundai one is possibly service and spare part related.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7395 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 01 Jun 2020 :  17:52:24  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've said this before in various other threads... what would the public even know?
I bet their votes are based on whether they were offered a cappuccino upon bringing their car in for service. Or if it came with a free car-wash.

It's only going to get worse too, all imported vehicles means parts times will go up, dealers are making so little profit these days they won't have massive stock sitting around.
My old man works as a service manager and honestly, most people are looking to gouge what they can... claiming new scratches down the side of the cars, damaged rims.
It's all about what they can get out of it so they can compare with their neighbour about how well they got treated by their car dealer to justify their over the top spending for the badge on the front of the car... oh... but did I mention the coffee was good, so it all worked out.

"Ford’s Bathurst winning bonus didn’t even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11452 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 01 Jun 2020 :  19:28:26  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

Uber is a brand??

I'm surprised too.

I'm even more amazed how people make money out of it.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10054 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 01 Jun 2020 :  22:12:19  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

I wouldn't know how people work out "trust" in the 'Top 11" most trusted car brands, but it looks to me that Hyundai has held station in the list along with Subaru and Nissan, while Mercedes and Tesla have climbed up, and Kia has climbed up from wherever it was outside the 'Top 11' into 9th.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10751 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 02 Jun 2020 :  00:15:33  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

My old man works as a service manager and honestly, most people are looking to gouge what they can... claiming new scratches down the side of the cars, damaged rims.

In all fairness, not all mechanics are careful with customers cars. I've had boot scuffs on the inside of my doors a few times. Also one time picking my dad's XR8 up from Ford, they'd driven it into the park until the wheels hit the concrete. I got down and had a look, thankfully they didn't scrape the front bar but there was **** all of a gap between it and the concrete. That said but I don't doubt that some people do try and blame them for pre-existing damage.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7395 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 02 Jun 2020 :  09:39:03  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

quote:

In all fairness, not all mechanics are careful with customers cars. I've had boot scuffs on the inside of my doors a few times. Also one time picking my dad's XR8 up from Ford, they'd driven it into the park until the wheels hit the concrete. I got down and had a look, thankfully they didn't scrape the front bar but there was **** all of a gap between it and the concrete. That said but I don't doubt that some people do try and blame them for pre-existing damage.

I have no doubt there's exceptions DJR, but unfortunately the aforementioned is the rule.
It's at the point now where dealers will photograph every angle of each car as the owner drives in. Not just an iphone camera either, a proper DSLR.
You'd be amazed at the amount of people that are left red faced after sitting over the shoulder of the manager's computer looking at the exact scratch they're claiming happened...

...and then they probably left an 'un-trusted' review...

Anyway... my gripe of the day...

"Ford’s Bathurst winning bonus didn’t even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 02 Jun 2020 09:39:28
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1920 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 02 Jun 2020 :  10:40:02  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I've said this before in various other threads... what would the public even know?
I bet their votes are based on whether they were offered a cappuccino upon bringing their car in for service. Or if it came with a free car-wash.

It's only going to get worse too, all imported vehicles means parts times will go up, dealers are making so little profit these days they won't have massive stock sitting around.
It's all about what they can get out of it so they can compare with their neighbour about how well they got treated by their car dealer to justify their over the top spending for the badge on the front of the car... oh... but did I mention the coffee was good, so it all worked out.

If getting a cappuccino or a car wash is what makes the majority of people trust a brand, then that is a perfectly valid measure of peoples trust. The survey was about trusted brands - not reliability.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.02 seconds.