No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Nostalgia
 Veskanda
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slugger
Transporter Driver

46 Posts
joined 19 May 04

Posted - 12 Jun 2020 :  18:55:59  Show Profile  Visit slugger's Homepage Send slugger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,
Iím connected to K&A by family (Dale) and the Kanda was a big part of my life.......along with sports sedans (Tony And Briggsy).
I worked there for over 20 years for my Dad, but ventured out into the world.
Anyhow.........Iím posting here and other places, and even a VESKandA Facebook page, if youíre interested, because I want to try and gather as much photographic, memorabilia, snippets, stories shared - Iíd like to try and write a book ultimately, on what may be the fastest race car designed and built in country.
Thanks in advance,
Mark K

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2776 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 12 Jun 2020 :  22:51:05  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There's a few photographers on Facebook with extensive archives. Peter Weaver is one.

Do you have any old books and magazines? Quite a few of us on here do, we should be able to find some pieces on the car.

Good luck with this project!

Photography ByKye | Motorsport Photography ByKye
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, **** yeah!"

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17441 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 14 Jun 2020 :  15:58:44  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
have sent a message to Peter as referred above.

Go to Top of Page

bludvl
Fujitsu Driver

674 Posts
joined 27 Mar 08

Posted - 15 Jun 2020 :  18:35:25  Show Profile Send bludvl a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I only remember seeing the Veskanda once, at Phillip Island Classic about 10 or 12 years ago.

Facebook has reminded me today that it hit the track at La Sarthe with the Group C Legends, supporting the 24hrs of Le Mans in 2012. It made quite the impression, even amongst the gods of Saubers, Porsches et al.

Supercars isn't a sport.

Its a category of motor racing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds.