V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 Model Collector's
 What Models Have you Purchased recently?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

Hati
Major Lowndes Supporter and Moderator

Australia
6364 Posts
joined 22 Aug 01

Posted - 28 Mar 2007 :  06:45:03  Show Profile  Visit Hati's Homepage Send Hati a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I got my call yesterday morning that the new 1:18 is waiting for me.

If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all
Go to Top of Page

amonfan
V8 Champion

Australia
813 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 28 Mar 2007 :  06:49:19  Show Profile  Visit amonfan's Homepage  Send amonfan an ICQ Message  Click to see amonfan's MSN Messenger address  Send amonfan a Yahoo! Message Send amonfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rabbits what area are you in?, as many QLD and Vic shops received their supply yesterday. Id assume NSW would be getting theirs the same time. Anyone who missed out on this model should give Kristy @ Coffey Ford a try.

Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 28 Mar 2007 :  07:43:48  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
NSW. I went in only 2 days ago and she said to me, before I'd even said hello, 'probably 1st week of April I've been told' and this shop is a big dealer in 1:18's so they'd get looked after.

It's OK - I'm on the list so there's no danger I'll miss out - I'm happy with that. Not completely desperate to put the 5th Betta car in the line, put it that way!!

Edited by - rabbits on 28 Mar 2007 08:09:41
Go to Top of Page

amonfan
V8 Champion

Australia
813 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 28 Mar 2007 :  07:54:26  Show Profile  Visit amonfan's Homepage  Send amonfan an ICQ Message  Click to see amonfan's MSN Messenger address  Send amonfan a Yahoo! Message Send amonfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rabbits, i think you will find she will have them in stock by tomorrow. I was under the impression i would be getting my stock next week, but it ended up being this week, lol. With approximately 16 new Classic 1:18 scale releases due this year not including the V8 Supercars, they'd be keen to get them out as their shipment arrives....

Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 28 Mar 2007 :  08:09:04  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
cheers for that - I might duck in tomorrow night after work, being late night shopping and all - I'll let you know how i go!

***EDIT - just checked ebay - doesn't take long does it? I count 7 x 1:18's of the Bathurst Winner on there already

***EDIT AGAIN!! - Got an sms from the shop ( they do that for me ) to let me know the car is in as of yesterday, so I won't just be making an inquiry tonight - I'll be picking it up - happy days!!!

****EDIT ONE MORE TIME!! - Got It!!! The car looks magnificent, the replica trophy looks magnificent, even got a little lump in the throat again looking at the photos on the box and reading the write up about the event. Who'll ever forget that race....
They've done a great job presenting it with the silver box and the fancy COA - I got number 74 too by the way - the lowest they'd had in the shop so far!!

I asked about the runner up car - the LNOWDES car - and she said the rep would be out this week to give her the full list of what was being released this year - so I'll let you all know!

Pays to shop around though - I was checking out one shop online yesterday and there was a Skaife HRT 1:18 - the number 50 VS (?) online $345, at the shop I buy from? $175.

Also helps to buy from someone who doesn't know what they're selling!!! I got the Lowndes/McConville Bathurst HRT VT (only 1008 made)- I've seen it in one shop for $500, saw it online yesterday for $450+postage - I paid $125 at Oran Park last year because the young girl was a bit flustered.
There was no price on it so she just looked at the price of one of the other models on display - I think it was a Forbes AU!!! and just said $125 - I had to try my best to not giggle like a little girl.....

Edited by - rabbits on 30 Mar 2007 06:18:26
Go to Top of Page

amonfan
V8 Champion

Australia
813 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 30 Mar 2007 :  07:13:13  Show Profile  Visit amonfan's Homepage  Send amonfan an ICQ Message  Click to see amonfan's MSN Messenger address  Send amonfan a Yahoo! Message Send amonfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rabbits, glad you like the Lowndes model, i've had a few people complain about the size of the trophy though, lol. Anyone who is getting the Geoghegan Super Falcon, expect it in July now.

Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 30 Mar 2007 :  07:59:56  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
well to me the trophy looks like it is exactly 1:18 as well - how cn you complain about detail like that??!!

there's one car I'd kill to have of Craig's - the one-off LG livery from the China round....what are the chances???
Go to Top of Page

Hati
Major Lowndes Supporter and Moderator

Australia
6364 Posts
joined 22 Aug 01

Posted - 30 Mar 2007 :  08:12:20  Show Profile  Visit Hati's Homepage Send Hati a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Did they make that?

If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all
Go to Top of Page

rabbits
Team Manager

Australia
5035 Posts
joined 19 Aug 03

Posted - 30 Mar 2007 :  08:32:04  Show Profile Send rabbits a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I wish!!
Go to Top of Page

pete55
Gone, but not forgotten

Australia
2806 Posts
joined 28 Jan 03

Posted - 30 Mar 2007 :  23:30:24  Show Profile  Visit pete55's Homepage  Send pete55 an ICQ Message  Click to see pete55's MSN Messenger address Send pete55 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't have room to store my models so i don't get many 1:18's. I did get the 2006 Bathurst winner in 1:43 though. Looks good even in that size.
Go to Top of Page

xtreme
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
678 Posts
joined 27 Feb 07

Posted - 05 Apr 2007 :  13:33:33  Show Profile  Visit xtreme's Homepage  Click to see xtreme's MSN Messenger address Send xtreme a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Does anyone know about a Lnowdes car or team vodafone cars?
Go to Top of Page

Optima2005
Formula Ford Driver

447 Posts
joined 30 Sep 05

Posted - 14 Apr 2007 :  13:51:59  Show Profile  Visit Optima2005's Homepage Send Optima2005 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just collected my VL Group A SS and im very happy with it, though it came at a price.

Scored me 2 Lowndes bathurst winners too
Go to Top of Page

xtreme
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
678 Posts
joined 27 Feb 07

Posted - 18 Apr 2007 :  22:35:56  Show Profile  Visit xtreme's Homepage  Click to see xtreme's MSN Messenger address Send xtreme a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bit different to most of you guys models but I just got my '69 Denny Hulme McLaren M8B Can Am car...stunning detail, worth every overpriced penny
Go to Top of Page

amonfan
V8 Champion

Australia
813 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 18 Apr 2007 :  23:27:37  Show Profile  Visit amonfan's Homepage  Send amonfan an ICQ Message  Click to see amonfan's MSN Messenger address  Send amonfan a Yahoo! Message Send amonfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by xtreme

Bit different to most of you guys models but I just got my '69 Denny Hulme McLaren M8B Can Am car...stunning detail, worth every overpriced penny

Brilliant cars those, did you get the GMP version? they used to be a popular seller along with the Lola T70 range....

Go to Top of Page

xtreme
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
678 Posts
joined 27 Feb 07

Posted - 18 Apr 2007 :  23:53:45  Show Profile  Visit xtreme's Homepage  Click to see xtreme's MSN Messenger address Send xtreme a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by amonfan

Brilliant cars those, did you get the GMP version? they used to be a popular seller along with the Lola T70 range....

Yerp its a GMP 1:18th High Wing version. Stunning model, i'd love a T70 but i'm going to have to save up again!

Edited by - xtreme on 19 Apr 2007 00:00:08
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.92 seconds.