V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 Model Collector's
 What Models Have you Purchased recently?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

C.O.Z
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
709 Posts
joined 29 Dec 09

Posted - 21 Nov 2010 :  08:48:01  Show Profile Send C.O.Z a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I picked up the 2010 CL and JW Series car's 1/43rd the other day in Newcastle.... Plan on getting the 2010 Rusty car + the 888 Bathurst winning model once its out.

And hopefully a JW Series winning one :D
Go to Top of Page

Nivicious
Fujitsu Driver

United Kingdom
540 Posts
joined 06 Oct 08

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  09:27:14  Show Profile Send Nivicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Finally got my hands on this beauty

So now my collection is growing out of its allocated space

And just ordered this which is on its way. Can't wait!
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  09:53:01  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Lowndes VE looks pretty good as does the cleanskin XE Falcon. Nice buys
Go to Top of Page

Nivicious
Fujitsu Driver

United Kingdom
540 Posts
joined 06 Oct 08

Posted - 26 Nov 2010 :  11:00:40  Show Profile Send Nivicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This beauty arrived about 5 mins ago

Just a shame by camera is an old hunk of junk

My first new Biante purchase and thought the packaging and such was awesome. Although it came with the front of the car taped to the front of the polystyrene box which has left sticky white bits from the tape on the front spoiler. Not to happy about that
Go to Top of Page

Biggy G
Team Manager

New Zealand
4522 Posts
joined 18 Dec 03

Posted - 18 Jan 2011 :  17:02:23  Show Profile  Visit Biggy G's Homepage Send Biggy G a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Been working at home over the summer, so was able to keep a close eye on Trade Me, haha, got HRT for $130 and TKR for $50 (NZ Dollars). Eddie Bell is a Code 3 I got done, and stoked with how that came out. Done by Headcase Designs here in NZ.

Go to Top of Page

Nivicious
Fujitsu Driver

United Kingdom
540 Posts
joined 06 Oct 08

Posted - 19 Jan 2011 :  06:19:24  Show Profile Send Nivicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh choice. Does it cost a pretty penny to get code 3's done there?
Go to Top of Page

Biggy G
Team Manager

New Zealand
4522 Posts
joined 18 Dec 03

Posted - 19 Jan 2011 :  07:13:33  Show Profile  Visit Biggy G's Homepage Send Biggy G a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah it wasn't cheap, +$300 but worth it. We pay over $300 for latest season V8 Die Casts here.

---------------------

Edit Feb 6:

Picked this up today, one of my favourite motorsport liveries this, and also one of my favourite supercar memories where the Rat won the 2001 Queensland 500 after falling off the track the lap they threw the Red and called the race, went back a lap and he had won it!

Edited by - Biggy G on 06 Feb 2011 16:54:26
Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6472 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  20:59:00  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nice stuff there.

Without wanting to be the idiot who doesn't read back one page.

What's a code 3? request? your own scheme?
Go to Top of Page

Biggy G
Team Manager

New Zealand
4522 Posts
joined 18 Dec 03

Posted - 07 Feb 2011 :  05:35:25  Show Profile  Visit Biggy G's Homepage Send Biggy G a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here you go Mr M, basically when you strip a die cast of its original scheme, and replace it with your own:

Code 1. This is any diecast produced by the manufacturer. It could be a mainstream toy or model, or a limited edition or ordered promotional. The important thing is that it has been produced totally by the manufacturer.

Code 2. This is any diecast that has been finished by a second party, with the knowledge and agreement of the manufacturer. Examples could be a batch of plain white or coloured models, that have had their decals added by another company, with the consent of the manufacturer. It could be castings ordered unpainted, that have been finished and presentation boxed under license. At the end of the day, two companies have been involved in the finishing process, where normally there would be one.

Code 3. This is the refinishing or alteration of a model, without the consent of the manufacturer. This description sounds almost dodgy, but Code 3 is now a recognized collectable in it's own right, and there is nothing illegal or unscrupulous in these singular alternative models. Code 3 covers a wide spectrum, and can mean simply swapping the trailers of two different articulated units, to completly changing the colour and look of a model. Basically, any model intentionally altered in appearance from it's origional manufactured look, without the consent of the afore mentioned manufacturer.

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Code-3-Diecast-Explained_W0QQugidZ10000000003582172

Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6472 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  01:22:17  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh ok nice, cheers Biggy. ....This has me thinking! haha

Edited by - Mr.McPhillamy on 11 Feb 2011 01:22:49
Go to Top of Page

SZaucy
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
326 Posts
joined 26 Jan 06

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  16:40:32  Show Profile Send SZaucy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Since Christmas I have got:
1:43 A1 GP Team Australia 07/08
1:64 2010 Holdsworth
1:43 2nd and 3rd 2009 Bathurst to go with the HRT car also the 2010 Murphy car

Finally 08 Bathurst 1:18 Ingall/Morris which i got for $50 so I was happy with that

_Mholden
Go to Top of Page

Marchi1
Sex Jesus

Afghanistan
3817 Posts
joined 07 Feb 08

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  18:59:00  Show Profile  Visit Marchi1's Homepage Send Marchi1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why does your Bathurst winner have 21 on it?
Go to Top of Page

Biggy G
Team Manager

New Zealand
4522 Posts
joined 18 Dec 03

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  19:19:38  Show Profile  Visit Biggy G's Homepage Send Biggy G a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Think it's just the chassis showing through the window Marchi?

Go to Top of Page

donkman
I'm your Passenger

Australia
5211 Posts
joined 11 Feb 04

Posted - 23 Feb 2011 :  18:59:45  Show Profile Send donkman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy G

Think it's just the chassis showing through the window Marchi?

I think its the end of the air vent that looks like a one!

Go to Top of Page

Biggy G
Team Manager

New Zealand
4522 Posts
joined 18 Dec 03

Posted - 24 Apr 2011 :  11:07:15  Show Profile  Visit Biggy G's Homepage Send Biggy G a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Another of my favourites added to my collection, favourite livery on a Supercar this one:

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 10.55 seconds.