V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 Model Collector's
 What Models Have you Purchased recently?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 17 Oct 2012 :  19:20:30  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So talking to my model shop today"would you like us to put one of the special 1/18th FPR Bathurst edition's aside for you?"....hell....what was I gunna say....March 2012..roll on!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6907 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 17 Oct 2012 :  19:58:14  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

So talking to my model shop today"would you like us to put one of the special 1/18th FPR Bathurst edition's aside for you?"....hell....what was I gunna say....March 2012..roll on!

I was even considering buying one... if it won.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 17 Oct 2012 :  21:04:37  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

quote:
Originally posted by REM

I was even considering buying one... if it won.

More for us now...>! and in terms of looks.....it was a massive winner!..oh and that should read 'March 2013'.....

Edited by - REM on 17 Oct 2012 21:05:43
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8082 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 17 Oct 2012 :  21:31:51  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Have you got the original Falcon race car model to pair it up with REM? :)

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  07:02:58  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

Have you got the original Falcon race car model to pair it up with REM? :)

No that'd be cool....but well, Mrs REM is already 'a little edgy' about the proliferation of model cars.....wouldn't want to stretch the 'friendship' too much.....

Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8082 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 26 Oct 2012 :  20:20:47  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Was thinking about buying the Jason Bright 2011 however (they also make the 2011 JR Australian GP V8 Supercar!) its Biante models. All other models i have seen are Classic Carlectables. Is Biante just as good quality?

Go to Top of Page

binkyboy
Pit Crew

Australia
151 Posts
joined 23 Dec 09

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  16:05:34  Show Profile Send binkyboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Was thinking about buying the Jason Bright 2011 however (they also make the 2011 JR Australian GP V8 Supercar!) its Biante models. All other models i have seen are Classic Carlectables. Is Biante just as good quality?

Biante have better quality then Classic Carlectables. Much more detail.

Go Kimi Raikkonen!
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8082 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 30 Oct 2012 :  17:34:33  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thats good cause I just got it. The Jason Bright 2011 Perth winning car. I cant belive the detail under the car, let alone the rest of the car!!! Ill get some photos up soon. Trying to find somewhere suitable to put it first. Heres a pic.

Also has anyone got Murphs 2011 season opener (the first ever Pepsi Max livery)?? I only find them on ebay and theyre around $450 + ?? Why is that?

Edited by - murph_fan51 on 01 Nov 2012 20:31:24
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  22:28:31  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why doesnt it have the TradingPost logo on the door?
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8082 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 05 Nov 2012 :  20:30:13  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm not sure? I have seen others for sale and they're the same. I don't know enough about models and if sponsors can be used on any model produced?

Go to Top of Page

Brightman
V8 Champion

Australia
973 Posts
joined 16 Jan 12

Posted - 06 Nov 2012 :  16:27:14  Show Profile Send Brightman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Looks great murph_fan. Might have to get one myself now, it's certainly at the top of the list. I rate it as one of the best BOC liveries produced

2016 v8central fantasy champion
'That's what they call a control tyre'

_Mholden
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 06 Nov 2012 :  16:55:20  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Biante VEs do look very detailed, and it looks like the engine bay has more detail than my Classics Rick Kelly VE. Im thinking of buying the 2012 Tru Blu Falcon and and #52D depending on whether or not Apex have them in 1/43 scale.
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8082 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 09 Nov 2012 :  17:57:03  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Brightman

Looks great murph_fan. Might have to get one myself now, it's certainly at the top of the list. I rate it as one of the best BOC liveries produced

I agree it is an awesome livery. I also really like this seasons one. Would you like some more photos?

Do you know if the engine cover is removable? I dont want to break it to find out...

BUT...I am after Murphs 2011 Pepsi opening round livery!! They seem to be pricey around $450. I have also seen Murphs 2010 Castrol livery and that was $750! Maybe the decals were hard to do?

Go to Top of Page

Brightman
V8 Champion

Australia
973 Posts
joined 16 Jan 12

Posted - 12 Nov 2012 :  13:39:27  Show Profile Send Brightman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Brightman

I agree it is an awesome livery. I also really like this seasons one. Would you like some more photos?

Do you know if the engine cover is removable? I dont want to break it to find out...

BUT...I am after Murphs 2011 Pepsi opening round livery!! They seem to be pricey around $450. I have also seen Murphs 2010 Castrol livery and that was $750! Maybe the decals were hard to do?

Yer I don't mind seeing a few extra pics.

Like you I'm not sure about the engine cover. I've only currently got one v8 model car (mcconvilles #33 GRM 04') so I wouldn't really know.

$750 is very pricey, must be only a limited amount made of murphs 10' model made...

2016 v8central fantasy champion
'That's what they call a control tyre'

_Mholden

Edited by - Brightman on 12 Nov 2012 13:51:27
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8082 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 29 Nov 2012 :  17:03:51  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Heres another photo, the rest didnt turn out that good, still trying to get it in a proper display case.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.45 seconds.