V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 Model Collector's
 What Models Have you Purchased recently?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 06 Mar 2014 :  14:30:00  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

Just took delivery of the Tander/Percat Bathurst Winner... and can I say I'm happy I didn't pay top dollar for it.

That bad huh?

I wouldn't mind getting the Brock/Cleland VP Commodore when it comes down in price. The Classics VP looks far better than their VR/VS models.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6907 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 07 Mar 2014 :  00:05:26  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

Just took delivery of the Tander/Percat Bathurst Winner... and can I say I'm happy I didn't pay top dollar for it.

That bad huh?

I wouldn't mind getting the Brock/Cleland VP Commodore when it comes down in price. The Classics VP looks far better than their VR/VS models.

Even comparing it to the '09 Bathurst Winner, it just didn't compete.

The remakes of the earlier models tend to be decent. I got the '97 Brock/Skaife pole VS and it's awesome... I think Biante made that one though.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2698 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 08 Mar 2014 :  20:14:25  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Picked these up today for $299 at the Top Gear Festival. Very happy :

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 09 Mar 2014 :  00:21:21  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good score Ky. Still kicking myself for not being there this weekend.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6907 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 09 Mar 2014 :  20:34:21  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was either going to go that set or the 'First to 50 Wins' HRT set with Todd's Shanghai and Darwin '05 cars. Went with the HRT cars, but don't worry the Big Bangers will be soon!!

On a side note, how hard is it to put waterslide decals on the cars? Worth buying one without the branding and doing it yourself, or just having it done and limit the hassle

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

lckitto
Pit Crew

New Zealand
139 Posts
joined 07 Jan 09

Posted - 10 Mar 2014 :  23:20:43  Show Profile  Click to see lckitto's MSN Messenger address Send lckitto a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey guys.
Kiwi collector here looking for details about some models
Does anyone know whom may be producing a Scott McLaughlin &/or a Nissan model from 2013
And any 1:64 of Erebus racing

Please comment on here or pm me as I'm very keen to add to my collection
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6907 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 11 Mar 2014 :  00:19:46  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lckitto

Hey guys.
Kiwi collector here looking for details about some models
Does anyone know whom may be producing a Scott McLaughlin &/or a Nissan model from 2013
And any 1:64 of Erebus racing

Please comment on here or pm me as I'm very keen to add to my collection

Have a quick look through here: http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38617

Biante will make the Erebus cars, but only in 1:18 and 1:43.
http://www.biante.com.au/find-a-model.htm?submitquicksearch=Search&action=results&keyword=erebus&submitquicksearch.x=0&submitquicksearch.y=0

Apex will be making both the Nissan and the GRM models, again, only in 1:18 and 1:43 scale. You can grab either the Auckland McLaighlin winner, or the McLaughlin/Perkins 30th GRM Anniversary Bathurst car. Either would be pretty cool IMO.
http://www.apexreplicas.com.au/search.php?orderby=position&orderway=desc&advSearch=1&search_queryy=&manufacturer[]=&categories[]=138&atrybut_opcja[]=0&atrybut_opcja[]=0&x=41&y=24

Go to Top of Page

lckitto
Pit Crew

New Zealand
139 Posts
joined 07 Jan 09

Posted - 19 Mar 2014 :  12:42:10  Show Profile  Click to see lckitto's MSN Messenger address Send lckitto a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank you Skaifeman for that info

I brought a 1:64 RBRA car from a NZ Auction site

I Hate to say it but Classic Carlectables are looking more like High Priced Hot wheels (Actually Old Day 1:64 Models from Classic with blacked out windows) And its not on a base
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6907 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 19 Mar 2014 :  20:15:17  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lckitto

Thank you Skaifeman for that info

I brought a 1:64 RBRA car from a NZ Auction site

I Hate to say it but Classic Carlectables are looking more like High Priced Hot wheels (Actually Old Day 1:64 Models from Classic with blacked out windows) And its not on a base

Never go 1:64, I'd rather a hotwheels TBH. Even the 1:43 quality is going down the drain.

If you want anything even slightly detailed you must go 1:18.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 20 Mar 2014 :  15:51:56  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not all 1:64s are bad. Biantes Hot Wheels sized stuff has brilliant detail for what they are. It is a weird world when my Hot Wheels FG Falcon will have more detail than the Bathurst winning one of the same size.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6907 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 20 Mar 2014 :  23:10:43  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Anyone bought 'Trax' models? Was having a look for something along the lines of my ex-Torana in the Aquarius colour and stumbled across this:
http://www.topgear.com.au/product.php?product_id=416

Mine wasn't an SS, or a 2-door, but it will do enough for me to double as a 4-door S. Depending on whether or not the quality is good. Can't really get much from the pictures.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 21 Mar 2014 :  09:18:22  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have a few Trax models and they're although they're not up to the detail of Biantes 1:43 road cars, the quality is still good.
Go to Top of Page

JCA
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
397 Posts
joined 01 Sep 09

Posted - 10 Apr 2014 :  21:35:08  Show Profile Send JCA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just bought the 1984 Bathurst 1,2 VK Commodores off eBay, 05 is Classic carlectables and the 25 car is a Biante. The orange/red is very different, the Classics looks better in my opinion. Were these colours correct? I would have thought they would be exactly the same, actually I'm pretty sure they were
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6907 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 15 Apr 2014 :  20:27:11  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The 02 Bathurst 24hr Monaro will is on the way to my collection as we speak. Great looking car.

Go to Top of Page

spoonster05
Team Manager

Monaco
12922 Posts
joined 18 Sep 05

Posted - 17 Apr 2014 :  09:49:50  Show Profile Send spoonster05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JCA

Just bought the 1984 Bathurst 1,2 VK Commodores off eBay, 05 is Classic carlectables and the 25 car is a Biante. The orange/red is very different, the Classics looks better in my opinion. Were these colours correct? I would have thought they would be exactly the same, actually I'm pretty sure they were

IIRC Classic actually used the restored 2nd place Harvey/Parsons car owned by Peter Champion as the reference for their model which may explain the different shade of 'Dayglo' but certainly neither model is a totally correct replica of the real cars

They look nice on a display shelf but if you get the chance to compare the front and rear to a real VK Commodore you can see that neither shape is right

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.33 seconds.