V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 Model Collector's
 What Models Have you Purchased recently?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 27 Dec 2014 :  20:41:40  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Forgot to say, At Eastern Creek I picked up David Reynolds' 2012 Bathurst "almost winner". Looks cool!

EDIT
Good score for me today. My sister bought me this year's Dave Reynolds car, in 1:18 for Christmas, while my brother got me Chaz Mostert's, also in 1:18. They look good together in my cabinet.

Pretty noticeable difference between Apex (Bottle-O) and Classics (Pepsi). A few key points...

1. Apex wheels turn, although don't roll. Classics roll, but don't turn.
2. Apex have little tow straps on the front and rear, Classics don't.
3. Apex have the fuelling as a little detailed cut-out, while Classics just use a sticker.
4. Apex go into great detail on the wheels, while Classics are a little ordinary.
5. They go stupidly different in terms of their taillight design, so much so that it doesn't even look similar to each other.

So the Apex model is definitely much more detailed and better. Also a little disappointed at the Classics one, given that the windscreen has popped out on the left side. Perhaps their glue isn't strong enough? Or some grub during the handling dropped it or something.

Either way, good score this year.

So 2014 Pepsi cars are out? Hmm.....Why haven't I heard from my shop then?????

Not sure mate, I'd get down there and ask what's going on. I think my brother bought it through the FPR Store, but I'm not 100% certain. Definitely go see why they don't have them yet though.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

JCA
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
397 Posts
joined 01 Sep 09

Posted - 05 Jan 2015 :  18:01:37  Show Profile Send JCA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

quote:
Originally posted by Whatthe

I just got the 1989 Championship winning Sierra by Apex and I have on order the Shell retro FG from Bathurst and the Ambrose Xbox fg.

That's heaps cool mate. I'd love to get one of the Sierra's one day.

You probably should try to get it sooner rather than later, once they sell out, I think these will go up in price.
I got 2 of them so I can convert one into the Bathurst winner as the car was basically the same just a few extra decals and the Biante one now sells upwards of $750
Go to Top of Page

Nivicious
Fujitsu Driver

United Kingdom
540 Posts
joined 06 Oct 08

Posted - 24 Apr 2015 :  07:21:00  Show Profile Send Nivicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Pretty pleased to welcome this new arrival.
Dream car. So much history.

This is the UT version, so the detail and build quality isn't the best but they are quite the collectors item.
Also keeping my eyes on the Minichamps version, especially for that box!
https://ck-modelcars.de/en/eur/p/18686/mclaren-f1-gtr-no59-winner-24-lemans-1995-dalmas-sekiya-lehto-1-18-minichamps/530133559/

Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9569 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 06 Jun 2015 :  21:52:49  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just purchased the Mostert/Morris Bathurst winner to keep up my Ford Bathurst winners set. Interestingly it wasn't issued with a miniature Peter Brock trophy unlike the previous 8 winners. I Googled it and all I could find was "Peter Brock Trophy not issued due to licensing issues at the factory". Can anyone shed light on this?
Go to Top of Page

JCA
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
397 Posts
joined 01 Sep 09

Posted - 08 Jun 2015 :  17:26:02  Show Profile Send JCA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah I was pretty peeved off about not having the trophy this year. I cant understand why there would suddenly be a licensing issue though.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17195 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 22 Jun 2015 :  19:52:09  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
finally bought a v8sc model

bought Fab's Bathurst rollover car... just the 1:43 version... either can't find the 1:18 or they are just still too expensive.

Go to Top of Page

JCA
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
397 Posts
joined 01 Sep 09

Posted - 22 Jun 2015 :  20:13:21  Show Profile Send JCA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes the 1:18 is very rare and very expensive if you can get your hands on one. $600 plus I think.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 22 Jun 2015 :  20:28:06  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If you decide to make a diorama Sonic, you do have the photos to accurately reconstruct it.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 23 Jun 2015 :  01:12:25  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

finally bought a v8sc model

bought Fab's Bathurst rollover car... just the 1:43 version... either can't find the 1:18 or they are just still too expensive.

Gotta ask, are all the panels still on the car?

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17195 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 23 Jun 2015 :  08:45:58  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
LOL! that was the original intention DJR until I got the bill...

Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8082 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 24 Jun 2015 :  13:10:43  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

LOL! that was the original intention DJR until I got the bill...

Going to get it signed by Fabs?

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17195 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 24 Jun 2015 :  15:03:25  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Had thought about it but all the pics that it will sit with have already been signed anyway so might let this one slip through

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 06 Jul 2015 :  09:30:51  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I got the #888 Air Force camo Red Bull Commodore for my birthday today and was pleasantly surprised. After seeing some pictures of Classics VF model,I had some reservations about the detail and quality but in person, it isn't a bad model and does have some good detail, while good, could be better. The guard vents and fuel filler could actually be moulded plastic like the Biante and Apex versions, not stickers like Classics and they could've added the 2014 dashboard to make it look a little more authentic as the Mylink stickers look out of place. All in all, the detail of the new Classics 1:18s is on par with their previous 1:43s which were quite good.

It will probably be the only Red Bull V8 Supercar I get though, not because of the model manufacturer, but because it is the only decent looking Red Bull V8 Supercar livery.

EDIT: Scored a pretty good freebie today. The Bottle O recently run a V8 quiz which had a couple of prizes up for grabs. I got an instant win which was a Bottle O stubbie holder (everyone gives those away) and a very surprising mystery prize which was the #52 Bottle O Falcon.

I always wanted it in either 1:43 or 1:18 as it was one of better retro cars from the 2012 Bathurst 1000 and to score it free is even better.

I know some collectors gave Apex a bit of stick stick due to going down the resin route with their first batch of V8 Supercars, but it has the same amount of detail as a Biante model (albeit sealed and resin) and is a great looking model as it was a great looking car on TV.

Despite the material its made from, the Apex Falcon feels the same weight as my Classics Red Bull Commodore that I got for my birthday.

Edited by - CP on 20 Jul 2015 13:39:14
Go to Top of Page

JCA
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
397 Posts
joined 01 Sep 09

Posted - 08 Aug 2015 :  19:32:18  Show Profile Send JCA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Picked up the 1998 Bathurst winner today. Have no idea how to upload pictures to here though sorry.
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9569 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 10 Aug 2015 :  21:07:52  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JCA

Picked up the 1998 Bathurst winner today. Have no idea how to upload pictures to here though sorry.

Finally! I've been waiting for this model for ages. Nice of the model shop company to call me.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.92 seconds.