V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 Model Collector's
 What Models Have you Purchased recently?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

JCA
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
397 Posts
joined 01 Sep 09

Posted - 28 Sep 2015 :  18:48:41  Show Profile Send JCA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Went to the model die cast show in Penrith on Saturday and got myself the 2014 GP Volvo winner. Scott McLaughlin was there so got him to sign it and the COA
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8086 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 28 Sep 2015 :  19:10:47  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Was that just by coincidence?

Go to Top of Page

JCA
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
397 Posts
joined 01 Sep 09

Posted - 28 Sep 2015 :  20:13:39  Show Profile Send JCA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No it was planned, though I didn't know at the time. I'm glad I went on the Saturday as he was only there for that day and for 2 hours only. Nick Percat and Tim Slade were there all morning until 1pm and John French was there all day. JC was meant to be there but was still in Hospital
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 06 Oct 2015 :  11:07:57  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I got the Expo model too JCA except mine is in 1/43 scale and was purchased from Vantage in Newcastle. It is a pretty cool model.

Is there any reason why the Cummins decals aren't already applied to the mirrors?

Go to Top of Page

JCA
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
397 Posts
joined 01 Sep 09

Posted - 07 Oct 2015 :  05:29:28  Show Profile Send JCA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes, the models arrived really late and they were to be released for the diecast show so there was no time to get them redone, so he had them send out the decals for the mirrors. He was even hoping to apply them himself but they arrived on the Thursday morning, 1 day before the show and ran out of time.

Also I over heard Richard talking to one of the dealers and he was saying something along the lines that he almost didn't get to put the f#@k yeah on the roof of the car as Volvo Sweden wasn't too happy about getting the Swedish flag desecrated. Maybe if he graces these pages again he could tell the whole story.

I was in the Vantage store on Friday and Andrew was telling me that he had sold a couple of the large models to people in Sweden and one of them was a Volvo dealership over there. (just a bit of interesting trivia I thought)

Edited by - JCA on 07 Oct 2015 05:43:12
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 12 Jan 2016 :  10:56:58  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Some new editions to my collection which I got today.

With the Star Wars cars, you kinda have to buy both as you need both sides. The Biante 1/43s are pretty detailed and have a detailed chassis, which was something the Classics 1/43s used to have.

I have committed the worst sin though and that was opening the packaging for a Star Wars themed model.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 12 Jan 2016 :  23:07:51  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've got Ambrose's "return" car. 1:18 scale Xbox FG Falcon from Homebush 2014. Being there that weekend to witness the return of my favourite driver from my childhood, and just loving the car, I had to have it. It looks great alongside my other DJR models.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8086 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 17 Jan 2016 :  17:22:08  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That was a good livery with the matt black, are you going get any 2015 models? Im STILL waiting for 2013's #97 if it will ever get released!!

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11158 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 10 Sep 2016 :  11:31:15  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There is an F1 Collection magazine series that comes with 1/43 scale models. The first one is the Senna McLaren MP4/4.

It was 5 bucks.

It is a pretty decent model for that price.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 10 Sep 2016 :  23:08:56  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I saw the ad on TV the other night during the F1. I was wondering how small the models would be for the price. Five bucks sounds alright!

I've just done a bit of research. The price goes up for the second one obviously, and again for the third so like 12 bucks or something from the third onwards. They're planning 60 different ones. I've read varying things about quality so I'm not sure whether or not to get it. I might go down to the newsagency and have a look to see if the quality is good enough for the sort of money.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman

Edited by - DJRford on 10 Sep 2016 23:51:04
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2520 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 11 Sep 2016 :  10:36:14  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am going to go check it out today, my cabinets are all full so might top up the boys since they are reasonable price
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2698 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 11 Sep 2016 :  11:15:07  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

I saw the ad on TV the other night during the F1. I was wondering how small the models would be for the price. Five bucks sounds alright!

I've just done a bit of research. The price goes up for the second one obviously, and again for the third so like 12 bucks or something from the third onwards. They're planning 60 different ones. I've read varying things about quality so I'm not sure whether or not to get it. I might go down to the newsagency and have a look to see if the quality is good enough for the sort of money.

$12 for the second one and then $20 for the third onwards.

Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9569 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 13 Sep 2016 :  12:29:04  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Does anybody know what's happening with Frosty's championship winner? I've contacted both him and Apex Replicas with no response. Think the model was due in April.
Go to Top of Page

farr02
V8 Champion

Australia
1093 Posts
joined 23 Jun 03

Posted - 13 Sep 2016 :  23:38:17  Show Profile Send farr02 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
On the PRA website it says due October and an email I received from them a while back said the same. But heard elsewhere it could be November. Dont really know why it takes nearly 12 months about the only change from the Standard 2015 car was a different wrap on the bonnet. I used to be a fan of APEX cars but the slow turn around recently is starting to tick people off plus the lack of communication with their customers
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 14 Sep 2016 :  05:41:48  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He posted signing all the COA's the other night...can't be far away?

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 9.16 seconds.