V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 Model Collector's
 What Models Have you Purchased recently?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 13 Jan 2017 :  01:22:35  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I recently got 1:18 scale Frosty's championship winner. Looks good alongside Mozzie's 2014 Falcon. Everyone said that they didn't change the livery much those two years, but looking at them side by side on models, the differences are endless.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 22 Feb 2017 :  16:47:33  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So I called in to my local model shop today during a trip to the city, just for a look see....and he tells me has Frosty's 2016 Car put aside for me.....what's a man to do? Not too bad actually....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Webby93
Transporter Driver

Australia
10 Posts
joined 28 Nov 13

Posted - 22 Mar 2017 :  21:30:55  Show Profile Send Webby93 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Recently scored myself a 1:18 scale model of the 1995 Bathurst winning Castrol Commodore to add to the ever expanding collection
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 08 Jun 2017 :  14:07:37  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
For those interested: https://shop.biante.com.au/collections/special-offers
Merc's and Commodore's going for $130ea direct from Biante.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 08 Jun 2017 14:07:50
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11159 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 25 Sep 2017 :  14:31:23  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have gone on an unintentional Biante binge, and no, it wasn't a random buying binge (maybe it was) but let me explain.

Supercheap Auto have 1:64 2017 Supercars available on their website and looking at the picture quality, they seemed like some el cheapo brand made specifically for SCA. Since they weren't available to buy at my local store, I bought them online just to see what the quality was like. They arrived today and it turns out they're quite good. They are Biante models. I bought the #22 JC Former HRT Commodore, the #17 McLaughlin Shell Falcon, and the #55 Supercheap Mostert car which is made specifically for SCA, as the 1:43s and 1:18s made by Apex. That is the unintentional part.

The intentional part was my usual purchase from Vantage in Newcastle being the Scott Pye Pirtek DJR Team Penske Falcon and Fabians Hogs Breath version.

EDIT: I have bought yet another model, and another Ford. It's a bit of a Monster this time, and seems to be the only 1:18 on a base as Monster don't wish to market their products towards kids (yet seems to be a popular product for kids) hence why they don't feature on the 1:64s. It's a simple livery but quite effective and would look quite good on display once I get a decent display cabinet. The base is pretty ****ing heavy though.

I do like Monster's idea o having it on a base so it isn't classed a "toy". I wonder if that would work with future releases of cars with certain sponsors?

Edited by - CP on 11 Oct 2017 00:35:32
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 21 Dec 2017 :  20:06:41  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Anybody get a 1:18 scale 17 or 12 2017 Shell car from Biante? How quick did they sell out!!!

Edit: 11.1.18-missed all the 17's but got me a car 12 coming!

Edited by - REM on 11 Jan 2018 15:43:34
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 11 Jan 2018 :  17:09:50  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You can pre-order the pole sitter from Bathurst REM:
https://shop.biante.com.au/products/1-18-ford-fgx-falcon-3

Maybe you could put it next to your Murphy collection, 'Lap of the Gods.'

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 11 Jan 2018 17:10:34
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 11 Jan 2018 :  22:09:09  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

Oh man....wish I saw this yesterday....my 12 is in the mail, and 2 x DJRTP cars may be pushing the friendship with Mrs REM too much!

Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2521 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 12 Jan 2018 :  02:11:25  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

I have the Murphy car and will be purchasing Scottieís but Iíll place it with his other cars.

Reasonable price too.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 15 Jan 2018 :  09:43:47  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Car 12 turned up today...very, very nice.....couldn't help myself and placed a pre-order on the 17 Bathurst Pole car as well....

Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2521 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 02 Feb 2018 :  20:57:53  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Anyone bought the 1-:12 scale? Are they good detail and quality with opening parts?

Edited by - troy01505 on 02 Feb 2018 20:58:17
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 03 Feb 2018 :  11:02:57  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

Anyone bought the 1-:12 scale? Are they good detail and quality with opening parts?

Haven't yet. Can't bring myself past the cost.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11159 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 03 Feb 2018 :  20:40:57  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The 1:12s are resins and are sealed body.
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2521 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 03 Feb 2018 :  20:46:01  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

The 1:12s are resins and are sealed body.

Damn! Must be how they can sell them for 3-400
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 07 Jun 2018 :  18:07:01  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Got my Bathurst 17 Pole car 17 today....lovely! And sold out well in advance I hear?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.05 seconds.