V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 Model Collector's
 What Models Have you Purchased recently?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 16 Jun 2018 :  20:28:06  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Got my Bathurst 17 Pole car 17 today....lovely! And sold out well in advance I hear?

I'd say so. Good pick up, where to put it amongst all your FPR stuff?

Hopefully will get my hands around the 2016 Sandown winner soon. "The last HRT win." And that'll probably seal my collection for a while.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 18 Jun 2018 :  19:47:33  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Got my Bathurst 17 Pole car 17 today....lovely! And sold out well in advance I hear?

I'd say so. Good pick up, where to put it amongst all your FPR stuff?

Hopefully will get my hands around the 2016 Sandown winner soon. "The last HRT win." And that'll probably seal my collection for a while.

It's sitting right next to my 2013, 2014 and 2015 FPR/PRA cars! You know exactly which ones..... Tempted to get a 2017 Sandown winner-that car was so damn tuff and probably PRA/Tickford's last big win in a Falcon......thinking Davo's RED car looks a treat too!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 18 Jun 2018 19:49:32
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 20 Oct 2018 :  17:04:59  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Going back I see DJRford and my boy REMy already have one, but for those who want a bargain:
https://tickfordstore.com.au/product/2015-championship-model-118/

1:18 Frosty's Championship winner (with the Champ bonnet - as at Sydney) going for $99+$10 postage straight from Tickford.
I'd consider it, but it would look weird amongst all the red.

Addition:
As stated above, just got the 2016 Sandown winner in 1:18. Unfortunately its brought forward the fact I'll need a new display cabinet. So it'll have to sit in the box for a while.

Also my picked up first dedicated Lowndes model 1:64 2016 car (only others are Lowndes/Skaife - '10, '11). Record breaker for starts, was the right money ($12) so thought I'd add it to the cart.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 30 Oct 2018 22:58:45
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 31 Oct 2018 :  17:06:39  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Going back I see DJRford and my boy REMy already have one, but for those who want a bargain:

1:18 Frosty's Championship winner (with the Champ bonnet - as at Sydney) going for $99+$10 postage straight from Tickford.

Addition:
As stated above, just got the 2016 Sandown winner in 1:18. Unfortunately its brought forward the fact I'll need a new display cabinet. So it'll have to sit in the box for a while.

Also my picked up first dedicated Lowndes model 1:64 2016 car (only others are Lowndes/Skaife - '10, '11). Record breaker for starts, was the right money ($12) so thought I'd add it to the cart.

Mate, if Frosty ends up at Nissan or Charlies in a ZB...you'll able to get that 15 series winner for $20!

Go to Top of Page

MP
Transporter Driver

48 Posts
joined 11 Nov 17

Posted - 07 Nov 2018 :  10:06:44  Show Profile Send MP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Addition:

Mate, if Frosty ends up at Nissan or Charlies in a ZB...you'll able to get that 15 series winner for $20!

Yes,him going to Holden will probably devalue a good chunk of my collection...
At least I will save money now I don't have to complete my Frosty collection.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 14 Dec 2018 :  14:03:54  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Addition:

Do you want my money now or later....

The Lowndes final race livery is available for Pre-Order as of today.

Annnnnnd... to stay on topic, I just recieved the 1977 Bathurst Pole A9X - 1:18.
Having spent a few weekends with that car, thought I better get my hands on a mini version.

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 14 Dec 2018 :  20:24:50  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Addition:

Do you want my money now or later....

The Lowndes final race livery is available for Pre-Order as of today.

Annnnnnd... to stay on topic, I just recieved the 1977 Bathurst Pole A9X - 1:18.
Having spent a few weekends with that car, thought I better get my hands on a mini version.

Ordered my 2018 series winner this week.....my Frosty stuff just kinda feels a bit dirty now?

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11159 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 03 Jan 2019 :  09:39:44  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I went into Supercheap yesterday to price some parts and came out with a 1:64 of Chaz Mostert's Supercheap Falcon. They are made by Biante and while they aren't too bad, they aren't the same quality of the Biante Minicars from years ago.

I haven't actually bought any 1:43s and 1:18s over the past year. I haven't found anything of interest to buy and some of the stuff Hot Wheels have released in their Car Culture line has been quite cool.

I am looking forward to getting the Biante Moffat FGX and Brock VF Commodore tributes though.

EDIT: I received the above today. The Biante 20th Anniversary cars are quite cool. Allan Moffat's 1971 winning colours look quite good on the FGX, and the 1972 HDT Torana livery transfers over well to the VF Commodore, even though it does say Torana on the bonnet. I did buy a Biante Minicar too. Motorfocus also has a 1/64 VF Commodore that pays tribute to the 1968 Bathurst winning Monaro.

These models may be sacrilegious to some, I find them quite cool.

Edited by - CP on 05 Mar 2019 15:34:42
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 15 Aug 2019 :  19:48:41  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What do we think of the 'dirty' version?

I've always thought it would be awesome to get a model 'as raced,' or even better, 'as crashed.'
Imagine getting DJ's rock car, front guard creased, no rear wheel - complete with tow truck!
Lowndes at Calder, or Mozzie at Bathurst would be a cool item... or shell.
Skaifey with the folded black bonnet up mountain straight.
Bartlett's Camaro, DJ in the trees, Moff in the #05 VK... the list would go on forever.

Edited by - skaifeman on 16 Aug 2019 10:06:03
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11159 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 16 Aug 2019 :  11:03:48  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The dirty versions cool. You've always been able to get as raced NASCAR models, so it'd be cool to see some Supercar versions take off. I'd take an as raced Mostert/Dude Bathurst 1000 winner in a heartbeat.

EDIT: I went to my local swap meet today and bought a model car. They haven't had anyone selling model cars there for a while so it was nice to see some for sale.

After umming and ahhing, I ended up with the 1/18 Skaife/Richards Winfield Commodore. It is quite a nice model despite it missing the proper decals, and I'm unsure whether to get them as I really don't want to **** up a 1/18 with misaligned decals.

If anyone has the model, hopefully they can answer me this. Was the COA for that one pre signed, as I was quite intrigued to see Richo's squiggle on the certificate?

Edited by - CP on 15 Sep 2019 23:01:38
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.33 seconds.