V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 WAU pathway to the front?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

tommo11
Team Manager



Indonesia
2079 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

 offline

Posted - 09 May 2019 :  12:24:00  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Courtney has to go

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion



USA
1048 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

 offline

Posted - 09 May 2019 :  18:47:21  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

Pye is a gun driver...nothing wrong with him



Really? What has he done?

They need young fast drivers with balls and engineers that are fresh, think outside the box and willing to gamble their career on winning.


Easy to say. Easy to look like Pastor Maldonado too.




Pastor Maldonado? Haven't heard that name since my last lifetime!

It's the cars. Not the drivers. Something is missing from within with respect to this camp.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager



Australia
13253 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

 offline

Posted - 12 May 2019 :  10:47:04  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
In this money burning series if you don't have big wads of cash you're not going to win too much and if you do it will because of good luck more than good management

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion



USA
1048 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

 offline

Posted - 12 May 2019 :  16:08:27  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

In this money burning series if you don't have big wads of cash you're not going to win too much and if you do it will because of good luck more than good management

And when has money not bought speed? Good point, col.

TER has had the coffers full the past so many years with Red Bull $$$. DJRTP has it now, along with the engineering to bring them to the top. That cost $$$. Whether it be American ones, Aussie ones, or Shell Oil ones, they are all the same.

WAU has...... Michael Andretti? Maybe they have the engineering help, not as much as DJRTP, but they do not have the $$$ flowing in like them I am guessing.

Ebb and flow. For Ford fans, LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 12 May 2019 16:09:34
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager



Australia
6724 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

 offline

Posted - 12 May 2019 :  16:53:58  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mikeamerica84

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

In this money burning series if you don't have big wads of cash you're not going to win too much and if you do it will because of good luck more than good management

And when has money not bought speed? Good point, col.

TER has had the coffers full the past so many years with Red Bull $$$. DJRTP has it now, along with the engineering to bring them to the top. That cost $$$. Whether it be American ones, Aussie ones, or Shell Oil ones, they are all the same.

WAU has...... Michael Andretti? Maybe they have the engineering help, not as much as DJRTP, but they do not have the $$$ flowing in like them I am guessing.

Ebb and flow. For Ford fans, LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!


Can't comment on this year or last, but it was damn evident in '17 that Walkinshaw were scraping the barrel.
To have HSV logos all over the car means that they weren't getting money from anywhere else.

I'd say Mega has been a good move, going from reports they took that deal and told Boost to head elsewhere. A good problem to have.
Not sure where Andretti and Brown fit into the picture money/engineering wise.

Reynolds suggests (ref: Below the Bonnet) there's rumours of Penske spending $15mil a year on their two cars, whilst Erebus spend $5m, and Caruso suggesting 4 car teams (wink, wink - Nissan) spend $10m.


"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager



New Zealand
8013 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

 offline

Posted - 18 May 2019 :  07:11:10  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

Pye is a gun driver...nothing wrong with him



Agreed.


Agreed. Iíd like to see Slade or Percat alongside Pye though.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  




Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.06 seconds.