No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 What Future Effect will the Virus have on Sponsers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

abhibeckert
Formula Ford Driver



Australia
433 Posts
joined 10 Jan 18

 offline

Posted - 04 Apr 2020 :  09:02:49  Show Profile  Visit abhibeckert's Homepage Send abhibeckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by djr18fan

Experience post disaster - such as Christchurch earthquake - is that people want experiences that make them feel better. After a period of adversity - enjoyment is embraced. Attendance at events increases. More attendees and viewers equals greater opportunities for sponsorship reward. Sponsors like being associated with feel good events.


Exactly.

Maybe drivers are paid thousands instead of millions and teams might have to sell the $200,000 3D printer they use to make drinking straws... and there might not be helicopters used by the camera team... but the racing will still be great and fans will still turn up in droves.

Edited by - abhibeckert on 04 Apr 2020 09:04:00
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager



10511 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

 offline

Posted - 04 Apr 2020 :  11:34:15  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by abhibeckert

[. but the racing will still be great and fans will still turn up in droves.



Unless they change some rules, how will the racing still be great? The racing from Adelaide was roundly panned and the crowd massively down

Corona virus restrictions lifting wonít fix any of that

Edited by - Fast by Ferracci on 04 Apr 2020 11:35:15
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager



Australia
3110 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

 offline

Posted - 04 Apr 2020 :  11:47:06  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:
Originally posted by abhibeckert

[. but the racing will still be great and fans will still turn up in droves.



Unless they change some rules, how will the racing still be great? The racing from Adelaide was roundly panned and the crowd massively down

Corona virus restrictions lifting wonít fix any of that



Agree 100% but was the racing that great at Adelaide? There is no way Coronavirus will improve the racing unless it knocks of Supercars management.
Go to Top of Page

Alan53
Formula Ford Driver


Australia
336 Posts
joined 01 Dec 06

 offline

Posted - 04 Apr 2020 :  17:53:54  Show Profile  Visit Alan53's Homepage Send Alan53 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Supercars was dead in the water from the day of the Holden announcement.The only effect of the virus was that the demise of Supercars/Archer might come earlier than the end of 2021 when it was going to happen anyway.
Foxtel which is not far from bankrupt is running down the clock on its ridiculous overpayment on the current tv deal.The free to air networks arenít much better off and certainly have no money to buy rights for niche sports like Supercars.Heck 7 was hoping the Olympics would be totally cancelled so they could get out of paying money they can no longer afford.
Virgin is close to gone and certainly wonít be sponsoring anything.
The world has changed in the last 3 weeks and professional sport around the world will not exist in the future resembling what things have been like in the past 40 years.
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic



Australia
8877 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 04 Apr 2020 :  19:36:03  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
very true Alan

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear



Australia
16187 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

 offline

Posted - 04 Apr 2020 :  23:28:29  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alan53

Supercars was dead in the water from the day of the Holden announcement.The only effect of the virus was that the demise of Supercars/Archer might come earlier than the end of 2021 when it was going to happen anyway.
Foxtel which is not far from bankrupt is running down the clock on its ridiculous overpayment on the current tv deal.The free to air networks arenít much better off and certainly have no money to buy rights for niche sports like Supercars.Heck 7 was hoping the Olympics would be totally cancelled so they could get out of paying money they can no longer afford.
Virgin is close to gone and certainly wonít be sponsoring anything.
The world has changed in the last 3 weeks and professional sport around the world will not exist in the future resembling what things have been like in the past 40 years.



Sometimes the truth hurts!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

BOWYANG
Formula Ford Driver



487 Posts
joined 20 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 05 Apr 2020 :  11:05:24  Show Profile Send BOWYANG a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
bigem , at this point it's only a prediction , And don't we all hope Alan's prediction is worst case , my understanding is that there has been an "unexpected" interest by sponsors in the online aspect of Motorsport that "May" help tide though to a future start up of the real deal . Will agree that things will change.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager



10511 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

 offline

Posted - 05 Apr 2020 :  17:25:11  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BOWYANG

bigem , at this point it's only a prediction , And don't we all hope Alan's prediction is worst case , my understanding is that there has been an "unexpected" interest by sponsors in the online aspect of Motorsport that "May" help tide though to a future start up of the real deal . Will agree that things will change.



Why would we hope itís worst case?

A complete reset is what Australian motor racing needs
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  




Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds.