V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 What is wrong with Reynolds
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

skaifeman
Team Manager



Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

 offline

Posted - 29 Aug 2019 :  15:48:59  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bb

Personally, I don't think he owns a pair!

He gives in too easily.
He doesn't have what it takes mentally or physically.

To be successful, to get to the top in your chosen field in pretty much anything in life......you need a backbone, resilience, an attitude of "whatever it takes"

Dave, like many others who get close on talent but never take that last step......just doesn't have that in him and it shows with his behaviour and his mouth when he doesn't win, it shows when he moves over instead of fighting, it shows with the lack of preparation that let old man Lowndes pressure him into collapse at Bathurst.

It shows when he says SM is only beating me because he has a better car, well short memory Dave, he beat you last year too.




I wouldn't go as far to say he doesn't have those things...
https://www.smh.com.au/national/rally-community-mourn-after-fatal-crash-20071104-gdricm.html

I'd say he has those things in droves to come back from the above and still be one of only what... 10 drivers that don't pay for a spot on the grid.
Stick the bloke for his persona, but don't make it personal.


"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager



4029 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 29 Aug 2019 :  17:47:57  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
David Reynolds is eager to conclude negotiations over a contract extension at Penrite Racing as the Supercars Championship heads towards its business end.

The 34-year-oldís continuation at the Erebus team has long been considered a formality, with the driver a key part of the squadís progression since joining in 2016.

However, Reynolds remains without a confirmed deal for 2020, despite the team already locking down rising star Anton De Pasquale.


quote:
ďI've got someone that helps me [manager John Ruggiero], but... the team doesn't like dealing with managers, they always want to deal with the driver.


quote:
"Dave has said for a while now that he wants to be here for a long time, [team owner] Betty [Klimenko] wants him here, we want him here, I think it's just a formality.


If he wants to be there and owner and team manager want him there, the only stumbling blocks I can think of are money and possibly Reynold's personal manager.

Dave might just have to learn to handle himself. He can negotiate direct.

As for his humour or alleged humour, he is still one of the top half dozen or so Supercar drivers, at the moment. That may not be so next year, so a multi year contract would be advisable.

Betty has long said that she does not want to stop any driver leaving, if they want to leave.

At least Erebus has already signed an excellent driver and there are plenty who want the other car if Dave leaves. They would probably be cheaper too and prepared to do their own negotiations. It is likely that some have already made their pitch, just in case.

That Erebus car is probably be the best seat still available along with one at Tickford.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/reynolds-keen-to-move-on-2020-deal/
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager



Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 30 Aug 2019 :  10:28:57  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

quote:
Originally posted by bb

Personally, I don't think he owns a pair!

He gives in too easily.
He doesn't have what it takes mentally or physically.

To be successful, to get to the top in your chosen field in pretty much anything in life......you need a backbone, resilience, an attitude of "whatever it takes"

Dave, like many others who get close on talent but never take that last step......just doesn't have that in him and it shows with his behaviour and his mouth when he doesn't win, it shows when he moves over instead of fighting, it shows with the lack of preparation that let old man Lowndes pressure him into collapse at Bathurst.

It shows when he says SM is only beating me because he has a better car, well short memory Dave, he beat you last year too.




I wouldn't go as far to say he doesn't have those things...
https://www.smh.com.au/national/rally-community-mourn-after-fatal-crash-20071104-gdricm.html

I'd say he has those things in droves to come back from the above and still be one of only what... 10 drivers that don't pay for a spot on the grid.
Stick the bloke for his persona, but don't make it personal.





Can honestly say I'd never heard of that incident before.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

























































































_Mford














"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Mechz
Pit Crew



139 Posts
joined 16 Mar 09

 online

Posted - 02 Sep 2019 :  14:27:02  Show Profile Send Mechz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/whincup-backs-mclaughlin-in-reynolds-feud/

666
Go to Top of Page

CommodoreOfThe Future
Formula Ford Driver


Azores
355 Posts
joined 04 Mar 13

 offline

Posted - 03 Sep 2019 :  12:16:25  Show Profile  Visit CommodoreOfThe Future's Homepage Send CommodoreOfThe Future a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dave Reynolds is a asshole, crybaby, whinger, wannabe and a mental midget. He will never be in the same class as scott mclaughlin in racing craft.

People in australia are dumb, ignorant, greedy and rude.

Nurburgring and Autobahn Driven.


Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager



4029 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 03 Sep 2019 :  12:39:38  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CommodoreOfThe Future

Dave Reynolds is a asshole, crybaby, whinger, wannabe and a mental midget. He will never be in the same class as scott mclaughlin in racing craft.



Denegrating a driver to that extent would suggest that you are qualified to do so. Please post a list of your Doctorates and Degrees.

Dave is still one of the best Supercar Drivers in the Country.

Just imagine how good he would be if he did not have the defects as submitted by you.
Go to Top of Page

CommodoreOfThe Future
Formula Ford Driver


Azores
355 Posts
joined 04 Mar 13

 offline

Posted - 03 Sep 2019 :  12:52:47  Show Profile  Visit CommodoreOfThe Future's Homepage Send CommodoreOfThe Future a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:
Originally posted by CommodoreOfThe Future

Dave Reynolds is a asshole, crybaby, whinger, wannabe and a mental midget. He will never be in the same class as scott mclaughlin in racing craft.



Denegrating a driver to that extent would suggest that you are qualified to do so. Please post a list of your Doctorates and Degrees.

Dave is still one of the best Supercar Drivers in the Country.

Just imagine how good he would be if he did not have the defects as submitted by you.



Dave is asshole like most australians and he cracks under the pressure, shouldn't you be dead already old timer.

People in australia are dumb, ignorant, greedy and rude.

Nurburgring and Autobahn Driven.



Edited by - CommodoreOfThe Future on 03 Sep 2019 13:21:16
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager



4029 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 03 Sep 2019 :  14:08:42  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CommodoreOfThe Future

quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:
Originally posted by CommodoreOfThe Future

Dave Reynolds is a asshole, crybaby, whinger, wannabe and a mental midget. He will never be in the same class as scott mclaughlin in racing craft.



Denegrating a driver to that extent would suggest that you are qualified to do so. Please post a list of your Doctorates and Degrees.

Dave is still one of the best Supercar Drivers in the Country.

Just imagine how good he would be if he did not have the defects as submitted by you.



Dave is asshole like most australians and he cracks under the pressure, shouldn't you be dead already old timer.



YES
Go to Top of Page

lyro
Formula Ford Driver



Australia
286 Posts
joined 03 Aug 09

 offline

Posted - 08 Sep 2019 :  11:34:32  Show Profile Send lyro a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CommodoreOfThe Future

quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:
Originally posted by CommodoreOfThe Future

Dave Reynolds is a asshole, crybaby, whinger, wannabe and a mental midget. He will never be in the same class as scott mclaughlin in racing craft.



Denegrating a driver to that extent would suggest that you are qualified to do so. Please post a list of your Doctorates and Degrees.

Dave is still one of the best Supercar Drivers in the Country.

Just imagine how good he would be if he did not have the defects as submitted by you.



Dave is asshole like most australians and he cracks under the pressure, shouldn't you be dead already old timer.





I think your comments regarding ethnicity is in poor taste.
It'd be like me saying I hate Portuguese salami eaters.
Also you again attack Aussies on your profile signature. Is this something you are proud of? Just pull your head in twit.
This site is mostly used by Aussies and Kiwis with a few Americaans. May I suggest you be a bit less vocally racist here. Thanks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  




Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.16 seconds.