V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Supercar parity vote - damaging?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 13 Sep 2019 :  12:19:06  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It shouldn't be the rental car.
Everyone knows rentals go fast!
Go to Top of Page

Bloopy
V8 Champion



New Zealand
1130 Posts
joined 20 Oct 11

 offline

Posted - 14 Sep 2019 :  09:46:26  Show Profile  Visit Bloopy's Homepage Send Bloopy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nissan got some aero tweaks but if I remember correctly, the Kellys weren't even sure if they were going to help. Isn't their parity problem more in the engine, with the fuel drop rule used to hide one of their issues?
Go to Top of Page

Sonic
Moderator



Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

 online

Posted - 14 Sep 2019 :  21:31:35  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bloopy

Nissan got some aero tweaks but if I remember correctly, the Kellys weren't even sure if they were going to help. Isn't their parity problem more in the engine, with the fuel drop rule used to hide one of their issues?



a fuel drop (time stopped) doesn't make the car equal on track though...

don't know that the Nissan's EVER had parity...

nor the AMG's really either...

the Volvo's did better... or was that just Scott too?

Go to Top of Page

Rampaging Monkey
Team Manager


1873 Posts
joined 18 Feb 06

 offline

Posted - 15 Sep 2019 :  07:55:37  Show Profile  Visit Rampaging Monkey's Homepage Send Rampaging Monkey a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by abhibeckert

Half the comments on speed cafe lately are about how the Nissan never gets any upgrades even though they had an upgrade a few weeks ago.



It wasn't an upgrade. They just put the Nissan back to 2018 specification.
Go to Top of Page

Harry S
Fujitsu Driver



Australia
635 Posts
joined 29 Mar 09

 offline

Posted - 15 Sep 2019 :  08:31:44  Show Profile Send Harry S a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Rampaging Monkey

quote:
Originally posted by abhibeckert

Half the comments on speed cafe lately are about how the Nissan never gets any upgrades even though they had an upgrade a few weeks ago.



It wasn't an upgrade. They just put the Nissan back to 2018 specification.

.....which the team said was better than the spec they've been running in 2019.

Given that supercars is using CFD to assess parity as a large part of the process (new for 2019) maybe it really is the case that the Nissans are level with the other brands technically and the results are due to how the team is run? Always hard to know 100% when only one team is running that brand but given the CFD aspect, to me the ongoing results show up deficiencies in the Kellys rather than showing up the car.

When the going gets tough..............
Go to Top of Page

Bartlett
Pit Crew


145 Posts
joined 18 Sep 18

 offline

Posted - 15 Sep 2019 :  09:26:10  Show Profile Send Bartlett a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I didnít watch yesterday but looking at the highlights, the results would indicate parity. 888, tickford and 17 towards the pointy end. 17 obviously had a tough day being beaten by tickford so could easily have been at the front and probably will be today. None of this rubbish about having Holdsworth in front of every holden, or Davo in a customer car. Irrespective of whether 888 came first or 5th, I reckon parity looks similar to last year. It was a shambles how they got to it though and was def damaging for the sport.
Go to Top of Page

littledozer
Transporter Driver



Australia
93 Posts
joined 14 Oct 13

 offline

Posted - 15 Sep 2019 :  12:29:27  Show Profile Send littledozer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bartlett

I didnít watch yesterday but looking at the highlights, the results would indicate parity. 888, tickford and 17 towards the pointy end. 17 obviously had a tough day being beaten by tickford so could easily have been at the front and probably will be today. None of this rubbish about having Holdsworth in front of every holden, or Davo in a customer car. Irrespective of whether 888 came first or 5th, I reckon parity looks similar to last year. It was a shambles how they got to it though and was def damaging for the sport.




Holdsworth is in front of every Mustang today in Q
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager



4030 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 online

Posted - 15 Sep 2019 :  12:33:43  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
We seem to be straying from the topic, but, in any case, Spoilers should be posted in the appropriate Race Spoilers thread.

The brief highlights are not broadcast for many hours yet.
Go to Top of Page

Bartlett
Pit Crew


145 Posts
joined 18 Sep 18

 offline

Posted - 15 Sep 2019 :  12:40:27  Show Profile Send Bartlett a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Letís see about the race little fella.
Go to Top of Page

littledozer
Transporter Driver



Australia
93 Posts
joined 14 Oct 13

 offline

Posted - 15 Sep 2019 :  12:59:28  Show Profile Send littledozer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

We seem to be straying from the topic, but, in any case, Spoilers should be posted in the appropriate Race Spoilers thread.

The brief highlights are not broadcast for many hours yet.



Apologies OT
Go to Top of Page

WarrenK
Transporter Driver



Australia
30 Posts
joined 20 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 15 Sep 2019 :  13:01:52  Show Profile Send WarrenK a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Now with the percieved bias Supercars have towards Holden and what looks like sandbagging on the part of the factory Holden team to get the lastest aero mods, what chance will other manufacturers want to be part of Supercars. Then there are the various sponsors that also might move on due the "parity" farce Supercars have created this year.

Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat with experience every time.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  







Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.7 seconds.