V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Topics
 General Motoring
 Cruze now Holden's No 1 seller!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

PVDA
Team Manager


2372 Posts
joined 02 Nov 02

 offline

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  21:08:45  Show Profile Send PVDA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

This is about Holden's biggest selling car being a South Korean car, with little to no Australian input at all!!


I think you'll find anything coming out of Daewoo has a fairly heavy GM-H influence and has since GM took control.
Go to Top of Page

spoonster05
Team Manager



Monaco
11123 Posts
joined 18 Sep 05

 offline

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  22:40:53  Show Profile Send spoonster05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Actually i should have worded it differently.

People are buying the badge rather than the car



That is correct Col, Holden is the biggest selling South Korean manufacturer in Australia!! Ha ha

I wonder how all the Holden heads feel about that now?

Cruze may be built here now but its a South Korean designed and engineered car, along with Barina(throw up) and the new Malibu when it gets here!!





Actually it's technically 'German Engineered' given Opel did most of the engineering and the Korean's did most of the design work

_Mamg



Edited by - spoonster05 on 26 Feb 2012 22:41:43
Go to Top of Page

Coyote302
Fujitsu Driver



Australia
622 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

 offline

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  07:46:29  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by spoonster05

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Actually i should have worded it differently.

People are buying the badge rather than the car



That is correct Col, Holden is the biggest selling South Korean manufacturer in Australia!! Ha ha

I wonder how all the Holden heads feel about that now?

Cruze may be built here now but its a South Korean designed and engineered car, along with Barina(throw up) and the new Malibu when it gets here!!





Actually it's technically 'German Engineered' given Opel did most of the engineering and the Korean's did most of the design work



Yep, another Dinky Di all "Australian" Holden

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

"I should of knocked his block off" M Ambrose October 2011, when asked about when Murphy took him out at Bathurst













_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager



Australia
12194 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

 offline

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  08:30:59  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As long as that badge is dinky di they'll still buy it

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

spoonster05
Team Manager



Monaco
11123 Posts
joined 18 Sep 05

 offline

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  13:06:10  Show Profile Send spoonster05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Coyote302

quote:
Originally posted by spoonster05

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Actually i should have worded it differently.

People are buying the badge rather than the car



That is correct Col, Holden is the biggest selling South Korean manufacturer in Australia!! Ha ha

I wonder how all the Holden heads feel about that now?

Cruze may be built here now but its a South Korean designed and engineered car, along with Barina(throw up) and the new Malibu when it gets here!!





Actually it's technically 'German Engineered' given Opel did most of the engineering and the Korean's did most of the design work



Yep, another Dinky Di all "Australian" Holden



Really no different from quality German automobiles designed and engineered in the US and made in places like Thailand, China, etc I guess....

_Mamg


Go to Top of Page

Kieron302
Team Manager


Australia
5432 Posts
joined 14 May 03

 offline

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  14:18:41  Show Profile Send Kieron302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
To keep the illuson that the Cruze is an Aussie car going, Holden wants another fistfull of dollars from the gov -

Holden says it needs in the order of $300 million in taxpayer funds to save jobs and keep its two-model production plant in Adelaide running -
http://finance.ninemsn.com.au/newsbusiness/8426229/holden-needs-300m-taxpayer-money
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager



Australia
4473 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

 offline

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  15:15:03  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kieron302

To keep the illuson that the Cruze is an Aussie car going, Holden wants another fistfull of dollars from the gov -

Holden says it needs in the order of $300 million in taxpayer funds to save jobs and keep its two-model production plant in Adelaide running -
http://finance.ninemsn.com.au/newsbusiness/8426229/holden-needs-300m-taxpayer-money

As long as the money doesn't find it's way to funding another deal for 888.

'Down the straight they go. Car one, car two. An absolute demonstration of the crushing victory to Ford here and the Allan Moffat Dealer team.' Evan Green, Bathurst 77.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

STP01
V8 Champion



1313 Posts
joined 15 Mar 07

 offline

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  16:33:10  Show Profile Send STP01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by spoonster05

quote:
Originally posted by Coyote302

quote:
Originally posted by spoonster05

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Actually i should have worded it differently.

People are buying the badge rather than the car



That is correct Col, Holden is the biggest selling South Korean manufacturer in Australia!! Ha ha

I wonder how all the Holden heads feel about that now?

Cruze may be built here now but its a South Korean designed and engineered car, along with Barina(throw up) and the new Malibu when it gets here!!





Actually it's technically 'German Engineered' given Opel did most of the engineering and the Korean's did most of the design work



Yep, another Dinky Di all "Australian" Holden



Really no different from quality German automobiles designed and engineered in the US and made in places like Thailand, China, etc I guess....


Except that Cruze is made here!


Triple Eight Race Engineering & Holden - 1st & 2nd in the 2011, 2012 & 2013 Championships.

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear



Australia
13858 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

 offline

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  21:01:10  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cruze is a Daewoo, a better Daewoo granted, but still a Daewoo!!


Oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz.
My friends all drive Holdens, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends.
So oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager



Australia
12194 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

 offline

Posted - 28 Feb 2012 :  10:41:31  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

Cruze is a Daewoo, a better Daewoo granted, but still a Daewoo!!





And if it's anything like the one on the driveway it's only suitable for landfill

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  







Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2014 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4 seconds.