V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 2019 stats
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Kytabu
First of the losers



Australia
2715 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

 offline

Posted - 15 Sep 2019 :  19:47:49  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
34 Ford wins for McLaughlin now.

Photography ByKye | Motorsport Photography ByKye
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, **** yeah!"


_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14313 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 15 Sep 2019 :  20:56:45  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hopefully he can claim it this year! Thanks Ky...!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.



Edited by - REM on 15 Sep 2019 20:57:07
Go to Top of Page

Supercars13
Fujitsu Driver




Australia
617 Posts
joined 28 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 21 Sep 2019 :  14:24:07  Show Profile Send Supercars13 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Since Scotty is doing great this year I decided to see his points under the 2007 points system which paid points to only the top 15.

McLaughlin 687, van Gisbergen 462, Mostert 434.

With 72 points per round, Scott could have been champion at Bathurst with this system.

Not saying I prefer this system, just was bored and thought about it.

Go to Top of Page

Mechz
Pit Crew



248 Posts
joined 16 Mar 09

 offline

Posted - 19 Oct 2019 :  13:16:34  Show Profile Send Mechz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Supercars13

Since Scotty is doing great this year I decided to see his points under the 2007 points system which paid points to only the top 15.

McLaughlin 687, van Gisbergen 462, Mostert 434.

With 72 points per round, Scott could have been champion at Bathurst with this system.

Not saying I prefer this system, just was bored and thought about it.





What if you use the current points system but only to the top 15?

I think the current system is good but participation trophies for back markers isn't really necessary.

666
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager



Australia
2827 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

 offline

Posted - 19 Oct 2019 :  23:16:50  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mechz

quote:
Originally posted by Supercars13

Since Scotty is doing great this year I decided to see his points under the 2007 points system which paid points to only the top 15.

McLaughlin 687, van Gisbergen 462, Mostert 434.

With 72 points per round, Scott could have been champion at Bathurst with this system.

Not saying I prefer this system, just was bored and thought about it.





What if you use the current points system but only to the top 15?

I think the current system is good but participation trophies for back markers isn't really necessary.



Really? I think itís ****house and the participation points make it an even bigger joke.

How many people are actually still taking this yearís statistics seriously? Clearly one make either had an unfair advantage or one was given one.

I like reading all the statistics and appreciate the work gone into it but I canít for the life of me take some of the results seriously this season. Hopefully next year the series smartens up and returns to normal.
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager



New Zealand
8170 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

 offline

Posted - 21 Oct 2019 :  18:47:25  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Was it a first for a Frenchman to win Bathurst?

Go to Top of Page

Bloopy
V8 Champion



New Zealand
1160 Posts
joined 20 Oct 11

 offline

Posted - 21 Oct 2019 :  19:04:01  Show Profile  Visit Bloopy's Homepage Send Bloopy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

Was it a first for a Frenchman to win Bathurst?


Yep, Alex even mentioned this on live TV as he was aware of the fact by the time he got onto the podium.
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers



Australia
2715 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

 offline

Posted - 21 Oct 2019 :  20:18:52  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The first win for a Frenchman, but not for a French!

Photography ByKye | Motorsport Photography ByKye
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, **** yeah!"


_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22452 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 21 Oct 2019 :  20:47:45  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kytabu

The first win for a Frenchman, but not for a French!



Particularly a djr French
Go to Top of Page

laser
Administrator



Australia
17365 Posts
joined 01 Aug 01

 offline



Posted - 22 Oct 2019 :  08:15:32  Show Profile  Visit laser's Homepage Send laser a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm interested in doing more with these stats - do you have the stats for every round/race or just the latest ?

††
V8Central WebMaster - Our motto is If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all






RIP05
_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers



Australia
2715 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

 offline

Posted - 22 Oct 2019 :  10:43:57  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by laser

I'm interested in doing more with these stats - do you have the stats for every round/race or just the latest ?


Do you mean the running totals and averages after each race? I don't keep them but they would be very easy to work out.

Photography ByKye | Motorsport Photography ByKye
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, **** yeah!"


_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

laser
Administrator



Australia
17365 Posts
joined 01 Aug 01

 offline



Posted - 22 Oct 2019 :  19:52:07  Show Profile  Visit laser's Homepage Send laser a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kytabu

quote:
Originally posted by laser

I'm interested in doing more with these stats - do you have the stats for every round/race or just the latest ?


Do you mean the running totals and averages after each race? I don't keep them but they would be very easy to work out.

That's what I mean


††
V8Central WebMaster - Our motto is If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all






RIP05
_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18



Australia
1506 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 29 Oct 2019 :  18:47:40  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
More DNS than finishes outside the top 4 for McLaughlin this season (as it was between Melbourne and Townsville)

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers



Australia
2715 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

 offline

Posted - 31 Oct 2019 :  21:06:36  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here's an interesting one: with Lowndes winning at the ripe old age of 45 years, 128 days on Saturday, he now appears in the top ten for both youngest and oldest race winners.

Lowndes is the second driver in recent times to appear to both lists concurrently, with Skaife being in the top ten for both when he won with Lowndes at Phillip Island at 2011. Skaife has since dropped out of both lists.

Photography ByKye | Motorsport Photography ByKye
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, **** yeah!"


_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18



Australia
1506 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 11 Nov 2019 :  19:22:39  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I cursed McLaughlin's top 4 record!

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.44 seconds.