No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 Is religion relevant in a modern society ?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

bigcol
Team Manager



Australia
13431 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

 offline

Posted - 14 Dec 2019 :  14:44:13  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm still waiting for the victims of systemic child rape to be bought before the courts.
You don't have to be catholic. Every church in Australia has pedo's.
Every one of those churches protected the pedo's

Religion is for the weak. It's all about control of the masses. They even used it at one stage to recruit people for war.

They universe was here long before your sky fairy

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED



Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 14 Dec 2019 :  14:51:29  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

I'm still waiting for the victims of systemic child rape to be bought before the courts.
You don't have to be catholic. Every church in Australia has pedo's.
Every one of those churches protected the pedo's

Religion is for the weak. It's all about control of the masses. They even used it at one stage to recruit people for war.

They universe was here long before your sky fairy



I agree....child abuse of any form it’s terrible...

Religion is for the weak ?....what takes more balls....go with the masses and do what everyone else does ?....or stand up for your beliefs ?
Brian deegan who owns the mental malisha group made that point....one of the wildest men on the planet who “found” god and said it was way harder to follow god than his friends...so is it for the weak ?....or is doing what your mates do weak ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager



Australia
13431 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

 offline

Posted - 14 Dec 2019 :  15:01:45  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Brain washed fools comes to mind

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED



Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 14 Dec 2019 :  15:24:42  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
yep..dont worry about facts just name calling.. v8kindy alive and well

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5901 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 14 Dec 2019 :  20:51:54  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Power without Glory - Frank Hardy

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager



Australia
13431 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

 offline

Posted - 14 Dec 2019 :  21:48:05  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

yep..dont worry about facts just name calling.. v8kindy alive and well



Facts ahhahhahahhahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahhah
I'll believe the scientists rather than religion

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager



4359 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 15 Dec 2019 :  00:44:44  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As Christmas approaches, I feel sorry for those that feel religion is not relevant,

They will want to work on 25 December and forego the holiday and/or penalty loading.

What about their poor kids who wont be able to celebrate the visit from Saint Nicholas, or as they call him in Australia, Santa Claus.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5901 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 15 Dec 2019 :  06:18:39  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Used to work on Xmas Day, never gave it a 2nd thought

Do you stop for others religious (Jews, Muslims, etc) days or are you a hypocrite and work through theirs?

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5901 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 15 Dec 2019 :  06:19:29  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Used to work on Xmas Day, never gave it a 2nd thought

Do you stop for others religious (Jews, Muslims, etc) days or are you a hypocrite and work through theirs?

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9982 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 15 Dec 2019 :  07:42:17  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have no problem celebrating Christmas - nor Easter. Both holidays and celebrations have been around since before Christ, although Christians gave Christmas its new name. It had various names before then, such as 'Yuletide' - and both Easter and Christmas had their origins in pagan festivals way before Christianity. Most of the things we associate with both celebrations (such as gift giving, carolling, fruitcake, turkey, drinking, mistletoe, holly and ivy, the Easter bunny, chocolate, Santa Claus etc.) have nothing to do with Christianity, and neither holiday occurs near the dates of Jesus' birth or death either.

I don't mind that Christians want to share their celebrations with the rest of us, but it doesn't mean I have to believe what they do. Besides, both holidays are now as much secular events as religious, even in supposedly "Christian" societies. I'll continue to enjoy these celebrations and holidays, getting together with family and friends, along with other atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, Jews, Muslims, Sikhs and anyone else who celebrates both occasions - including Christians.

Edited by - Zac on 15 Dec 2019 08:00:02
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager



4359 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 15 Dec 2019 :  07:55:18  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Used to work on Xmas Day, never gave it a 2nd thought

Do you stop for others religious (Jews, Muslims, etc) days or are you a hypocrite and work through theirs?



Religion is relevant for those who want it to be relevant and not relevant for those that want it to be non-relevant.

As a person with Christian beliefs, I observe Christian designated public holidays, but I never preach to convert others and I don't like others preaching efforts to change me to their religion or non-religion, as the case may be.

I do, however, take all holidays from all religions.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager



Australia
13431 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

 offline

Posted - 15 Dec 2019 :  10:19:16  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I have no problem celebrating Christmas - nor Easter. Both holidays and celebrations have been around since before Christ, although Christians gave Christmas its new name. It had various names before then, such as 'Yuletide' - and both Easter and Christmas had their origins in pagan festivals way before Christianity. Most of the things we associate with both celebrations (such as gift giving, carolling, fruitcake, turkey, drinking, mistletoe, holly and ivy, the Easter bunny, chocolate, Santa Claus etc.) have nothing to do with Christianity, and neither holiday occurs near the dates of Jesus' birth or death either.

I don't mind that Christians want to share their celebrations with the rest of us, but it doesn't mean I have to believe what they do. Besides, both holidays are now as much secular events as religious, even in supposedly "Christian" societies. I'll continue to enjoy these celebrations and holidays, getting together with family and friends, along with other atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, Jews, Muslims, Sikhs and anyone else who celebrates both occasions - including Christians.



What he said.
Well put Zac

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5901 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 15 Dec 2019 :  13:26:13  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am quite happy to take all religious holidays, not matter the faith.. The more days off the better

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager



New Zealand
1790 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

 offline

Posted - 18 Dec 2019 :  16:33:50  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/17/what-would-jesus-do-things-youre-allowed-to-do-if-the-religious-discrimination-bill-passes

And

https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2019/12/17/younger-people-leaving-religion-behind

A new survey (by a conservative business group) indicates many are not returning (if they were ever there) for a variety of reasons, including the perceived irrelevance of religious institutions. Sound moral teachings are, after all, available outside church. The teaching of some churches — punitive and discriminatory in some cases — isn’t a lure for those raised outside the church from the beginning.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  









Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.83 seconds.