News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 Pro and All Stars Eseries

Started by skaifeman, August 25, 2021, 02:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Starts tonight at 7:30pm on a variety of streams. Two Championships this year.

All Stars: Our known drivers, both current and overseas
https://www.supercars.com/news/eseries/car-by-car-the-full-all-stars-grid/?fbclid=IwAR0i1pB146r-LxjVX_sXNGIHz1d92miMW4OSWT5XCmbjiRhz9MTEsD3BhzQ

Pro Series: Proper Sim Racers
https://www.supercars.com/news/eseries/car-by-car-the-full-pro-series-grid/

Surprisingly, SVG won't be driving in either series - he's probably good enough to take on the pro's quite successfully.
Expect de Pasquale to run away with the All Stars.

And as per last year, I'm expecting D Warren and Fisell to be the guns.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

CP

The All Stars race decended into chaos, which is just fine because it's billed as a bit of fun.

Sonic

nobody wanted to win the 2nd race!!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

CP

Poor Chaz getting hung up on the pit wall was one one of the funniest things I've seen.

skaifeman

Quote from: CP on August 26, 2021, 11:12:50 PM
Poor Chaz getting hung up on the pit wall was one one of the funniest things I've seen.

He needs to be a bit quicker on the reset button. He hung around for a little longer.
Anton only lost a lap, I think Chaz lost 2-3.

Shame it's only ovals. They should just let the drivers know the track 1-2hrs in advance, so they can't practice all day.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

SetonFan

Quote from: skaifeman on August 27, 2021, 09:36:27 AM
Shame it's only ovals. They should just let the drivers know the track 1-2hrs in advance, so they can't practice all day.
I agree - one oval was good as a novelty but doing it every week is overkill. Seems like the drivers didn't want to have to learn foreign tracks?

CP

I can't see the problem with having mostly ovals. Sure, it may be gimmicky, but at least it highlights what the All Stars series is this time, and it puts a little more emphasis on the true iRacing wizards that do it most of the time in the Pro Series.

The Bathurst enduro should be interesting. Its All Stars pairing up their Pros, and I'm sure the heads of the toastier fans will explode if the pros are faster than their favourite all stars.

Kytabu

Quote from: CP on August 29, 2021, 08:56:57 AM
The Bathurst enduro should be interesting. Its All Stars pairing up their Pros, and I'm sure the heads of the toastier fans will explode if the pros are faster than their favourite all stars.
You mean those nerds on their Playbox X-Stations can actually drive!? No way!

I missed the Pro race last week as I completely forgot about it. Remembered in time for the All Stars race. Surely Scotty Mac has to make an appearance at some point!
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

PVDA

I watched a couple of these for novelty value last year but don't think I'll bother this time around.

CP

Two rounds in and like last year, the ones that are on it most of the time are the ones up the pointy end.

skaifeman

Kytabu

They need to have them in NASCARs again for the Glen!
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

CP

Virtual Bristol would've been fun to watch though.

skaifeman

Dayne Warren is in a different league at the moment. 4/4 is impressive.