News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

F1 2022 season

Started by stevo qld, September 03, 2021, 08:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbugger

The penalties for changing whatever bits are a joke. Sure they should have some measures in place with the number of units that can be used for the year, but obviously that number is way too low, given how many teams are being penalised.

Ahh for the good old days when each car had a practice engine, a qualifying engine, a race engine and a spare race engine, as well as a spare chassis for the number one driver.   ;D ;D ;D
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Alan59

Quote from: madbugger on September 12, 2022, 01:30:54 PM
The penalties for changing whatever bits are a joke. Sure they should have some measures in place with the number of units that can be used for the year, but obviously that number is way too low, given how many teams are being penalised.

Ahh for the good old days when each car had a practice engine, a qualifying engine, a race engine and a spare race engine, as well as a spare chassis for the number one driver.   ;D ;D ;D
You do realise they got rid off all that because it was financially unsustainable even for F1 teams.Or at least all but the richest 3 teams and even they are in favour of it.

madbugger

Quote from: Alan59 on September 12, 2022, 01:52:11 PM
Quote from: madbugger on September 12, 2022, 01:30:54 PM

You do realise they got rid off all that because it was financially unsustainable even for F1 teams.Or at least all but the richest 3 teams and even they are in favour of it.

Yes I do, hence the smilies after the statement

I support a salary cap and also a limited amount of engines/turbos/gearboxes etc for the season, but the amount allowed needs to be increased

or

just have a salary cap, no limits on how it is spent, and once it is spent then the team is docked drivers and teams championship points per item replaced and make the points lost equal to a win. So if an engine and gearbox both need to be replaced at the same time, the penalty is points equal to 2 race wins. I would bet they would find ways to use the old one.

Max has shown that starting from mid field is not much of a disadvantage to him, take away 2 or 3 or more race wins and he'll be squealing like a stuck pig.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Sonic

points is an interesting idea. but then we would end up with a Kelly/Ingall champion trundling around for points.

if they can't build an engine that lasts at 10k revs, limit them to 9 (making up numbers for examples), they either want performance extremes or they don't

thing is, F1 is so stupidly overpriced it is ridiculous and, like SC, nobody has the balls to address it
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

madbugger

the penalty has to be something that really really hurts. $$$ are not the answer, if a new engine came with a $1 million penalty, the big teams would just spend it and consider it well spent, but points would really hurt and they would think twice, three and then four times and probably not do it.

never gunna happen though, hierarchy are too weak to even consider doing something like that.

Alan59

Quote from: madbugger on September 13, 2022, 05:44:03 AM
the penalty has to be something that really really hurts. $$$ are not the answer, if a new engine came with a $1 million penalty, the big teams would just spend it and consider it well spent, but points would really hurt and they would think twice, three and then four times and probably not do it.

never gunna happen though, hierarchy are too weak to even consider doing something like that.
If they were going to do points it has to be both drivers and constructors points.Just constructors would be thought by the big teams a price worth paying.Losing the drivers championship would give them more pause.
I don't think points is the solution nd no matter how ridiculous the grid penalties were last weekend it is still the lesser of all evils.

skaifeman

So Max wins his second. Pretty uneventful season, apart from Ferrari dropping the ball. It's becoming a little to dejavu.
I wouldn't of said that Charles could win this year, but he could be a hell of a lot closer.

Must say that the rain delay worked perfectly with the end of Bathurst.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

meha

Yes, although it was a bit farcical with if it was a full race or not with no one really seeming to know.

The recovery vehicle was of a bigger concern, particularly in the rain and at the same track that Jules lost his life.

V8SuperRiley

Quote from: skaifeman on October 10, 2022, 11:10:21 AM
So Max wins his second. Pretty uneventful season, apart from Ferrari dropping the ball. It's becoming a little to dejavu.
I wouldn't of said that Charles could win this year, but he could be a hell of a lot closer.

Must say that the rain delay worked perfectly with the end of Bathurst.

The only thing I wish they would do in F1, is either scrap or extend the 4 hour window they have to get a race in. Yesterday could have gone the full distance then, the same with Singapore.

Troy01505

Big teams will just rort salary caps.

They need to give them a reasonable amount of engines for a season as obviously it's not enough right now and if teams exceed the limit they take drop the best round result at that point for eac engine used.

V8SuperRiley

LFG Dan!!

Give him a car he's comfortable in and watch him go..

V8SuperRiley

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/11/12/magnussen-left-speechless-after-pole-in-brazil/

K-MAG!!!!

Sure there's an element of luck to it, but they got out there first, and got the lap done.

skaifeman

Was awesome to see! And then followed by George's pole and subsequent win!

One thing is for sure, Ferrari have bungled this year. To have arguably started the year with the best package and not capitalise enough, to then be challenged by Merc come last race is insane.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977