News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

F1 2022 season

Started by stevo qld, September 03, 2021, 08:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kytabu

The 2022 grid is complete, with Zhou confirmed to drive alongside Bottas at Alfa Romeo. Pisatri will be reserve driver for Alpine.

McLaren-Mercedes
3. Daniel Ricciardo
4. Lando Norris

Aston Martin-Mercedes
5. Sebastian Vettel
18. Lance Stroll

Williams-Mercedes
6. Nicholas Latifi
23. Alex Albon

Haas-Ferrari
9. Nikita Mazepin
47. Mick Schumacher

AlphaTauri-Red Bull
10. Pierre Gasly
22. Yuki Tsunoda

Red Bull
11. Sergio Perez
33. Max Verstappen

Alpine-Renault
14. Fernando Alonso
31. Esteban Ocon

Ferrari
16. Charles Leclerc
55. Carlos Sainz

Mercedes
44. Lewis Hamilton
63. George Russell

Alfa Romeo-Ferrari
77. Valtteri Bottas
??. Guanyu Zhou
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

mikeamerica84

How is his name pronounced, Kye?  Guanyu Zhou, or Zhou Guanyu?  I have seen it both ways in the media.

I haven't been watching F2 (no time) so I have no idea. 

I still think Ho Pin Tung was a cooler name. ;D
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

skaifeman

Risky move for Zhou. I certainly wouldn't want to be going up against a reinvigorated Bottas in an Alfa.

Likely to be down the back, and getting hosed by his team mate. Good luck to him!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on November 17, 2021, 06:21:09 PM
How is his name pronounced, Kye?  Guanyu Zhou, or Zhou Guanyu?  I have seen it both ways in the media.

The Sky commentary team say Guanyu Zhou.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Kytabu on November 17, 2021, 09:02:52 PM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on November 17, 2021, 06:21:09 PM

The Sky commentary team say Guanyu Zhou.
I'll go with THAT then.   :)
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

skaifeman

What do we all think about this Hamilton not returning chat?

He'll be suited up come Bahrain IMO.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

madbugger

Quote from: skaifeman on January 13, 2022, 10:11:54 AM

I'm not a big fan of Hamilton, but I reckon he was screwed over with how the safety car stuff up panned out.

My guess is he won't be back
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

skaifeman

Big call madbugger.

Rumour is that Masi will get the sack. At the very least he's lost some responsibility:
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/102899/will-mercedes-get-its-way-masi-replaced-as-president-single-seaters.html

madbugger

It's a 50/50 call. Either he will or he won't  ;D
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

skaifeman

Launch dates as follows:

February 4
February 9
February 10
February 11
February 14
February 15
February 17
February 18
February 22
February 27
Haas
Red Bull
Aston Martin
McLaren
Alpha Tauri
Williams
Ferrari
Mercedes
Alpine
Alfa Romeo

Troy01505

Quote from: madbugger on January 13, 2022, 01:47:49 PM
Quote from: skaifeman on January 13, 2022, 10:11:54 AM

I'm not a big fan of Hamilton, but I reckon he was screwed over with how the safety car stuff up panned out.

My guess is he won't be back

He'll be back! Lewis is a constant sook that requires constant attention. This crap is no different to a 2 year old throwing a tantrum to get their own way.

Kytabu

Quote from: skaifeman on January 19, 2022, 08:38:08 AM
Launch dates as follows:

February 10
February 11
February 17
February 18
-
-
-
-
-
-
Aston Martin
McLaren
Ferrari
Mercedes
Alfa Romeo
Alpha Tauri
Alpine
Haas
Red Bull
Williams
Really keen for the car launches this year. I wonder if we'll see any innovations like in 2009.

stevo qld

I wonder about the car launches. It is rarely the car as it will be raced, and usually there will be Aero and livery changes.

One recent team launch was just the old car with new warpaint.

The big launch factor is the Drivers as there could be a few changes if the big baby spits the dummy instead of getting fireproof nappies. :D
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Kytabu

Haas are doing a launch tonight. The image in their Facebook post says VF-22 car unveil but the caption says "You'll get your first look of our 2022 livery tomorrow!", so some people think it will be a VF-21 with 18-inch wheels or the F1 2022 prototype with the 2022 Haas livery on it.

Here we go, the first release of the new era. The wheelbase looks particularly long from the side view.

Kytabu

Red Bull, Aston Martin and McLaren launched this week. Red Bull used an updated version of the F1 demo car so expect big changes for testing.

Next week we have AlphaTauri on the 14th, Williams on the 15th, Ferrari on the 17th and Mercedes on the 18th. The following week is Alpine on the 21st and Alfa Romeo on the 27th, though the Alfa will be at pre-season testing from the 23rd to the 25th.