News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

F1 2022 season

Started by stevo qld, September 03, 2021, 08:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Can't go wrong with British Racing Green - great colour. Best livery yet.

The yellow on the nose of the Red Bull makes it look especially long.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

I find it interesting that teams choose different tyre colors to match their liveries better for their releases.   :)
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

kennymiesta

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on February 14, 2022, 01:10:42 AM
I find it interesting that teams choose different tyre colors to match their liveries better for their releases.   :)
You know Mike, I hadn't even noticed until you pointed it out. Goes to show how little I was paying attention.

Kytabu

AlphaTauri AT03

The sidepod design is interesting with the pronounced slope down all the way to the rear.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

mikeamerica84

I remember reading years ago when Minardi was a team that they would purposely short fill their cars with fuel to start the race for they knew they would be x number of laps in arrears at the finish.  The less weight might improve their chances of stealing a point was the strategy, I guess.

With that line of thinking, is it too far of a stretch to think that cars that are back markers, like Haas, Williams, etc., might plan their liveries so that the rear end of the car is more presentable?  Think about it:  When you are watching on television, the in-car camera of the car performing the lapping will have the rear end of the back marker in full view for all to see. 

I just wonder if this factors in when sponsors "approve" the liveries.  I mean, who knows HOW F1 thinks. 

Or maybe I am just bored.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Kytabu

I'm not sure, Mike. I feel that the rear would be made as presentable as possible in any case, as there are enough external rear shots on the exit of corners. I wouldn't have thought liveries would be designed with being lapped in mind; that seems like quite a defeatist attitude even for the backmarker teams. Especially this year with the new regulations.

Williams FW44

The Alfa Romeo C42 has also been on track with the proper launch to take place on 27 February.

It is encouraging to see some variation in the design of the wings, noses and sidepods so far.

Kytabu

Here is the Ferrari. My favourite-looking of the 2022 cars so far. A real throwback to the Ferraris of the early 1990s livery-wise. Another interesting sidepod design with large channels running down the top.

Jetpac013

Quote from: Kytabu on February 18, 2022, 08:36:46 AM
Here is the Ferrari. My favourite-looking of the 2022 cars so far. A real throwback to the Ferraris of the early 1990s livery-wise. Another interesting sidepod design with large channels running down the top.

This reminds me of the 1990 car, even in its overall shape as well as the livery.

Also liking the AlphaTauri livery also, keen to see if Mercedes go back to the silver from black. 

stevo qld

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Jetpac013

Back in silver  8)

stp01

The Ferrari and Merc look pretty good. I have to say the cars are looking better than I expected, wasn't a fan of the F1 show car.

Some good analyses here if you're into the aero side, he worked a couple of years recently at Merc F1 - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh3tzzP6n5b1EWcMUpiEhXg
Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion

skaifeman

The Merc and Ferrari are a step above the rest.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

kennymiesta

Not a fan of the Merc team, but damn, that is one fine looking livery....

skaifeman

F1 will not race in Sochi and Haas has pulled their Uralkali sponsorship. It leaves Mazepin in question too.