News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

F1 2022 season

Started by stevo qld, September 03, 2021, 08:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stp01

Good to see McLaren and Alpine showing some good pace this weekend!  Not Ferrari/Red Bull pace, but still pretty good. Mercedes still have work to do.

Latifi and Stroll....hopeless!
Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion

Sonic

Glad to see that George didn't have a last lap 'issue' and drop to 4th.

Well I have now seen the new F1 and my single word description? Uninspiring.

Did absolutely nothing for me.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

meha

I will be honest it is the first race that I have watched in full since the new regulations came into effect and I agree with you Sonic, to me they did nothing to promote what the FIA was attempting to achieve. The tire compounds having the split to create better racing did absolutely nothing. If I am honest I even nearly fell asleep part way through.

Sonic

Quote from: meha on April 11, 2022, 04:21:00 PM
I will be honest it is the first race that I have watched in full since the new regulations came into effect and I agree with you Sonic, to me they did nothing to promote what the FIA was attempting to achieve. The tire compounds having the split to create better racing did absolutely nothing. If I am honest I even nearly fell asleep part way through.

I was at the track and left half way through...
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

skaifeman

To be fair, Albert Park rarely puts up a great race.
Lewis grabbing Perez early put an end to any Red Bull tactics to try and jump Leclerc. From there it was all about tyre degradation, of which the Ferrari looked better.

Lygon St looked quite busy afterwards ;D ;D.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

Quote from: meha on April 11, 2022, 04:21:00 PM
Bahrain and Saudi Arabia were excellent. Melbourne was a procession but hopefully it will be an anomaly for the season.

It was great to see Albon and Williams hold on to the point at the end. I had been watching the gaps for the last ten laps and thought they would come up just short.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

mikeamerica84

I liked the AGP.  I always tell people/motorsport fans that you have to look at F1 as a "whole".  By that, I mean the whole overall campaign.

A lot of the races can be processions, but at the AGP, my takeaways are:  Verstappan and Red Bull went down hard.  Vettel crashed out in his first race.  The McLarens finally look like they might have some consistency.  George Russell made the podium.

Sure, Ferrari and Charles are on a roll, but how are they going to do at Imola?  Can they keep it up?  Carlos is on the other end of that spectrum.  Imola is not exactly a passer's paradise.  Who might get their car(s) sorted out for better performance/handling?

In short, I like watching who are the comers, who are the goers, who is consistent, and who is erratic.  A great series these days.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

stp01

Welcome to Miami!  Complete with real yachts and fake water.

Mercedes seemed to have picked up the pace, seemingly due to the lower downforce setup for the track. FP2 not a happy session for Sainz or Verstappen. Looks like a tricky track in places.

Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion

skaifeman

Sainz must we working that Ferrari a little too hard. I think he's put it in the wall at the last 3 circuits.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

stevo qld

Could this be Vettel's last F1 season?

QuoteVettel recently appeared on the BBC's Question Time where the Aston Martin driver said his mind is often wrestling with Formula 1's contribution to climate change.

A strong activist for environmental and social justice issues, Vettel admitted there was hypocrisy to his climate campaigning, which troubles him.

"It does [make me a hypocrite]," he said, to laughs from the Question Time audience.

"You're right when you laugh because these are questions I ask myself every day.

"When I get out of the car of course I'm thinking as well, 'Is this something that you should do — travel the world, wasting resources?'"

Out of contract at the end of 2022, this is the closest Vettel has ever come to admitting he is questioning his future in F1.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/motorsport/formula-1-sebastian-vettel-aston-martin-contract-retirement-opportunity-for-oscar-piastri/72dc1d52-778e-4c09-9f2c-05278fc91347
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

mikeamerica84

Maybe Lance Stroll can break from this Aston Multi 21 formation and retire before him?
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

V8SuperRiley

It's getting very hard to watch being a DR fan..

meha

You do have to wonder if DR will keep his seat beyond his current contract at the rate he is preforming at the moment. 

V8SuperRiley

Quote from: meha on May 23, 2022, 09:52:09 AM
You do have to wonder if DR will keep his seat beyond his current contract at the rate he is preforming at the moment.

It's certainly hard to see it happening, and there's not too many seats at other teams available.. At a few of the races this year, there's been a reason (no an excuse, but at least a reason). There was nothing last night, other than he was slow.

I try and defend him and can understand the results most of the time, but not last night.

Kytabu

Impressive drive by Lewis to get back to within twelve seconds of Russell before having to slow down at the end.

Got to feel sorry for Leclerc. In terms of the championship, though, it evens out some of the reliabilty issues Red Bull have had so far.

I see a lot of people complaining about Red Bull team orders and Perez being robbed of a win but even if they were allowed to race Verstappen still would have won. He was closing at a second a lap and pulled over ten seconds after the pass. I don't think Perez would have held him off for fifteen laps.

The Alpines looked really good in the race. Another good race for Tsunoda as well.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"