News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

F1 2022 season

Started by stevo qld, September 03, 2021, 08:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

Quote from: Kytabu on June 13, 2022, 10:46:32 AM
I feel for Tsunoda and Zhou, they were both having good races before their respective issues. It was a strong weekend for Vettel; if he had successfully cleared Ocon the first time I wonder if he could have stayed ahead of Lewis.

After the first few races it looked like the Red Bull was the fast fragile car but hasn't that turned around! In the last four races there have been eight mechanical DNFs for Ferrari-powered cars, three of those being the Scuderia itself.

Russell has beaten Hamilton in seven consecutive races now. The only other time a team-mate has done that to Lewis was when Rosberg won seven races in a row across 2015 and 2016. I really hope Mercedes can sort out the porpoising issue; it was painful just watching Hamilton get out of the car after the race.

on the 'funny side' it is amusing how folk get upset when you use their arguments for calling LH the 'goat' against him LOL

agreed that the Ferrari issues have been disappointing... feel for Sainz some.. he has created his own issues but when he does have it together the car lets him down.. that's gotta be hard to swallow.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

stevo qld

The way HAAS is going, I would not be surprised if the team is sold to Michael Andretti ( or part sold) at the end of this year, with a view to running Alpine engines instead of the Ferrari hand grenades, with one American and one Australian drivers.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

skaifeman

Quote from: stevo qld on June 13, 2022, 04:53:45 PM
The way HAAS is going, I would not be surprised if the team is sold to Michael Andretti ( or part sold) at the end of this year, with a view to running Alpine engines instead of the Ferrari hand grenades, with one American and one Australian drivers.

Shame they couldn't convert those fantastic qualifying positions to results at the Canadian GP.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

Quote from: skaifeman on June 20, 2022, 12:09:53 PM

Shame they couldn't convert those fantastic qualifying positions to results at the Canadian GP.

I almost fell off my chair when I saw how high the HAAS cars qually'd... haven't seen anything of the race though.

Kytabu

Quote from: skaifeman on June 20, 2022, 12:09:53 PM

Bit unlucky with how things unfolded for them. I wonder when Mick is destined to finally score points.

It was another good weekend for Zhou, at least he got a result out of it this time.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

V8SuperRiley

Another good weekend by Max. Carlos just couldn't get the run out of the hairpin to be close enough down the straight.

Charles did well to come through to 5th as well.

The McLaren looked dreadful again, slow as anything down the straights.

V8SuperRiley

That race was phenomenal!!

I'm so thankful for the introduction of the halo, it's saved so many people from extremely bad situations already.

But it had a bit of everything in that race. The Mercedes looked quick too, which is hopefully a sign of things to come.

Dan must be the unluckiest person in F1 at the moment. He can't catch a break still. He wasn't the quickest, but had put himself in a good spot, but the car and strategy/stops failed him again.

Sonic

cool to have a new winner...

the first lap roll was a doozy and a reminder for me as a motorsport photographer how dangerous my job can be, we were fortunate to not have a dead shooter out of that roll (as well as great car building protecting the driver)...

the last 10 laps after the restart were fantastic and what F1 has been missing for so long... 6 cars fighting for the final 2 steps on the podium! we need this more often!!

V8SuperRiley

Quote from: Sonic on July 04, 2022, 08:46:41 AM
cool to have a new winner...

the first lap roll was a doozy and a reminder for me as a motorsport photographer how dangerous my job can be, we were fortunate to not have a dead shooter out of that roll (as well as great car building protecting the driver)...

the last 10 laps after the restart were fantastic and what F1 has been missing for so long... 6 cars fighting for the final 2 steps on the podium! we need this more often!!

For me, it proves that the new cars to allow much closer racing, it was fantastic.

Kytabu

Stoked for Carlos! Been looking forward to seeing him get a win all season. It's great that he turned his form around after struggling for a few races.

Awesome drive from Hamilton, it would have been very interesting to see if he could have passed both Ferraris if not for the safety car.

Glad to see everyone walk away from that first lap crash. Albon's hit into the pit wall didn't seem to be focused on as much as Zhou's roll but it was a very heavy hit.

On the subject of incidents and safety, did anyone see the F2? Another frightening crash with Hauger launched off a sausage kerb into the halo of Nissany. Sausage kerbs need to go, there's been too many incidents like this caused by them.

I think we as spectators were lucky that Verstappen picked up the debris; I feel like he would have walked away with the race.

skaifeman

Fantastic dicing! Happy they just let them race, there was some feisty racing room left on exits, but that's F1.
Ky is right, if Max doesn't have his dramas then, going by Checo's pace, he would've done it easily.

Mid-race I thought Ferrari "out-Ferrari'd" themselves again. How about Leclerc and Binotto's words post-race?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

Forgot to mention Mick; awesome to get his first points from 19th on the grid! Granted a lot of cars dropped out but he raced really well. It was good to see him having a crack at Verstappen instead of just settling for eighth.

stevo qld

Ricciardo seems to have lost his enthusiasm since moving from winning teams.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

V8SuperRiley

I tell you what, I did not expect the Ferrari to have it over the red bull by that much. I feel sorry for Carlos, he was on for a 2nd place.

Sonic

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on July 11, 2022, 08:20:00 AM
I tell you what, I did not expect the Ferrari to have it over the red bull by that much. I feel sorry for Carlos, he was on for a 2nd place.

good race? was working on my Winton pics and didn't get to see any of it