News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

F1 2022 season

Started by stevo qld, September 03, 2021, 08:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V8SuperRiley

Quote from: Sonic on July 11, 2022, 08:41:41 AM
Quote from: V8SuperRiley on July 11, 2022, 08:20:00 AM
I tell you what, I did not expect the Ferrari to have it over the red bull by that much. I feel sorry for Carlos, he was on for a 2nd place.

good race? was working on my Winton pics and didn't get to see any of it

It wasn't bad, but not great. Silverstone definitely set the bar high.

It was good to see Charles chase Max down 3 times. Carlos was right on Verstappen too until his car decided to be a bon fire.

Kytabu

Thought Max would run away with that one. Good to see Ferrari getting a couple of wins and get some momentum back.

Ocon didn't get mentioned much but he was solid all weekend. Great to see Haas have another good race too.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

skaifeman

Quote from: Kytabu on July 11, 2022, 11:25:42 AM
Thought Max would run away with that one. Good to see Ferrari getting a couple of wins and get some momentum back.

Ocon didn't get mentioned much but he was solid all weekend. Great to see Haas have another good race too.

I'm actually surprised to see Ocon beating Alonso in the drivers standings. Quiet achiever.

Seemingly like the rest of you, I assumed Max was coasting in the sprint race allowing the Ferrari to catch up - wasn't the case. Ferrari could've started from pole if they weren't fighting each other!
It's just so Ferrari these days, if it isn't their strategists mucking it all up, it's their reliability.

It seems consistency is going to win the title, something that Max has in spades. Perez, Sainz, Leclerc all hot one week and cold the next.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

V8SuperRiley

Quote from: skaifeman on July 11, 2022, 11:42:12 AM
Quote from: Kytabu on July 11, 2022, 11:25:42 AM

I'm actually surprised to see Ocon beating Alonso in the drivers standings. Quiet achiever.

Seemingly like the rest of you, I assumed Max was coasting in the sprint race allowing the Ferrari to catch up - wasn't the case. Ferrari could've started from pole if they weren't fighting each other!
It's just so Ferrari these days, if it isn't their strategists mucking it all up, it's their reliability.

It seems consistency is going to win the title, something that Max has in spades. Perez, Sainz, Leclerc all hot one week and cold the next.

I would say Leclerc is hot every week, but the car has let him down. He was leading in baku (who knows if he was going to win that one or not), and had a near guaranteed win in Spain too.

Tommo

Do we think that Piastri will actually get a seat? A few weeks ago there was noise about Williams but that has gone quiet. Also in F2 Logan Sargeant is going well and is a Williams academy member. He is also American and these days sadly the series is very much more American focused.

V8SuperRiley

It'll be very hard to beat Max now, I would say the championship is his.

It was a good race as far as the French GP goes. George caught Checo napping near the end there, and was on top of the restart after the hiccup in the system.

The Mclaren is not quick enough still. If Dan didn't play rear gunner, I would say that both Alpine's would have been in front of them.

stevo qld

Quote from: Tommo on July 12, 2022, 02:26:55 AM
Do we think that Piastri will actually get a seat? A few weeks ago there was noise about Williams but that has gone quiet. Also in F2 Logan Sargeant is going well and is a Williams academy member. He is also American and these days sadly the series is very much more American focused.

Vettel's seat might become available, or better still Hamiltons.

I would not be surprised if  HAAS is sold, in part or full, to Andretti.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

skaifeman

Ferrari keep, well, Ferrari-ing. Leclerc with an error and the tyre call that saw Sainz give up 2 spots.
They suggest it was due to tyre life, I'll have to believe it as they have the data. My first thought was to purely take a point off Max (for fastest lap).
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

V8SuperRiley

Quote from: skaifeman on July 25, 2022, 05:08:52 PM
Ferrari keep, well, Ferrari-ing. Leclerc with an error and the tyre call that saw Sainz give up 2 spots.
They suggest it was due to tyre life, I'll have to believe it as they have the data. My first thought was to purely take a point off Max (for fastest lap).

I too thought that staying out was worth the risk.

I seen online yesterday that Charles has lost roughly 78 points this season, through the car and his own doings.

V8SuperRiley

Ferrari and McLaren both need to stop attending the same strategy meetings..

Mercedes are building too, I can see a win on the horizon..

skaifeman

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on August 01, 2022, 08:32:31 AM
Mercedes are building too, I can see a win on the horizon..

McLaren aren't just giving Dan the Plan B, they seem to be getting to Plan XYZ hoping for something.

I'm really loving George taking it to Lewis, he's closer than Bottas was. I feel Lewis got dudded by a few safety car calls early in the year for George to have that run. Tide is turning.

V8SuperRiley

QuoteMcLaren aren't just giving Dan the Plan B, they seem to be getting to Plan XYZ hoping for something.

Yeah the McLaren strategy has buggered Dan up more than once this season, and today was another epic blunder. Leave him on the mediums for longer, which were still holding up, and go to the softs. They had softs or hards left, and chose the wrong ones. For Lando it was an easier decision, as he had time to play with behind him.

QuoteI'm really loving George taking it to Lewis, he's closer than Bottas was. I feel Lewis got dudded by a few safety car calls early in the year for George to have that run. Tide is turning.

Lewis is 100% showing why he is a 7 time WDC. He was written off as crap this year, with George getting up in a couple of the earlier races. But he is arguably in the conversation as the goat for me. Having George so close is helping Mercedes, it's awesome to see them both building to some great results.

Kytabu

Should be a fun race this weekend with both Verstappen and Leclerc starting from the back of the grid.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Sonic

Quote from: Kytabu on August 27, 2022, 05:29:45 AM
Should be a fun race this weekend with both Verstappen and Leclerc starting from the back of the grid.

interesting... I saw a headline about penalties but didn't note who...

while it makes for a race to watch for the fans it really is a joke of a system when you intentionally decide to put the fastest 2 cars to the rear of grid
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

stevo qld

Wow, that is getting crowded back there.  I am not sure how comfortable the mid field starters will feel with that behind them. ::)

QuoteLeclerc will join Verstappen, Lando Norris, Esteban Ocon, Zhou Guanyu and Mick Schumacher with a 'back of grid' penalty.

Valtteri Bottas carries a 20-place penalty, but will start ahead of the aforementioned drivers regardless of his qualifying position because only 15 of the places are because of power unit element changes.

It also means the slowest driver in Q1 without a penalty will in fact start 13th.

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-clarifies-leclerc-back-of-grid-f1-penalty-after-possible-loophole/10358884/
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN