News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

DTM 2021 - Final

Started by skaifeman, October 11, 2021, 10:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Bit of drama from Norisring, with Liam Lawson losing the title in the final race after having one hand on the trophy.
Big dive at the first corner by van der Linde practically ended his race, which was basically a carbon copy move of race 1 too.

Merc then worked together and Gotz won the title:
https://www.motorsport.com/dtm/news/norisring-gotz-mercedes-team-orders-lawson/6684404/

Would be hard to take for Liam, plenty more to come from him.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

It's been a very impressive season for Lawson, both in DTM and F2. He's just had his fair share of bad luck in both series.

I believe the van der Linde-Lawson incident is a direct result of the whole "track limits" farce of modern motorsport. Drivers think they can treat any piece of tarmac as the racing circuit, irrespective of where the white lines are. You can see in the following photo that van der Linde has absolutely no intention of staying on the defined circuit in attempting this overtake. It is a mentality that the modern racing driver has been allowed to develop. "No room on the track, so I'll just drive off it."

Can you imagine players in the various football codes purposely running outside the boundary lines to get around an opponent?
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"