News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

NGK

Started by murph_fan51, October 22, 2021, 06:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murph_fan51

HRT always had NGK on the headlights. Does anyone know why they didn't in this race or round? Rest of the 2002 photos have on the headlights, I personally can't remember it, I would have watched this race on TV too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
debris debris debris

Kytabu

I'd say it was for a broader headlight beam in the twilight Race 1. Just had a look at the races on YouTube and NGK was on there for Races 2 and 3 of the weekend.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Troy01505

What position did they come? Maybe they got an advantage  ;D

skaifeman

Quote from: Kytabu on October 22, 2021, 06:40:09 PM
I'd say it was for a broader headlight beam in the twilight Race 1. Just had a look at the races on YouTube and NGK was on there for Races 2 and 3 of the weekend.

Good thinking. The sticker is still below the headlight, so it was a thought out decision.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

It is really strange seeing a HRT car of that era with clear headlights.

John Faulkner and Steve Ellery qualified third and fourth at that meeting; how cool!
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

skaifeman

Funny that it was only Skaife's car. Bright and the other two TWR cars (Murphy & Kelly) all had their usual NGK and Kitten sponsorship on the headlights.
Rick in the Young Lions car also had clear lights, NGK moved to the bodywork.

Full race available here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzIflCXOaOQ
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977