News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

LNP 2050 Net Zero agenda

Started by Trevor, October 27, 2021, 08:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Well, it has fallen like a bomb  :D :D :D

No one should be surprised - this Government is all spin and no content - 2 of their proposals haven't even finished development yet

Angus Taylor was arse-raped by Michael Rowland on ABC Breakfast this morning - when challenged on the content of their plan all Taylor could do was to bag Labors Carbon tax - Taylor looked like a fool

SloMo was interviewed by that idiot Koch on Sunrise, I just caught a few seconds of it as I was changing channels and it was an embarrassment as well - SloMo was in full 'Scotty from Marketing' mode
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Sonic

All gov's are a joke sadly with zero grounding in reality. Tis a curse to be a thinking man Trev. (See you up on the hill! [:D] )
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Troy01505

Greens have an unrealistic target and Libs target is ridiculous, labour not much better then these 2 **** heads!

Need to out the dinosaurs and dimwitted and get some young blood that works for the people not the donations/corruption.

stevo qld

ALL States and Territories in Australia have already committed to the net zero 2050 target some time ago.

So that makes the Federal Government only responsible for the rest, of which there remains only overseas Embassies.

There is a certain irony that some groups make comparisons between Australia and other countries on emissions, yet most, if not all have Nuclear Power or draw power from a multi country grid that includes countries with Nuclear Power. Yet, at the same time, being anti-nuclear.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

Nuclear power is on their agenda

I remember Hawkey talking about it years ago

PHARK IT!!!!!

CP

While they heavily subsidise fossil fuel industries, you really can't their goals seriously.

Sonic

all rather amusing really when 'net zero emissions' only means that someone else will be doing it instead of us LOL

setting a realistic target of actual reductions in Australian emissions would be a better thing to push I reckon (even though they will likely still screw that up)

stevo qld

My contribution to ZERO 2050 is to have my cremation done long before so that the smoke polution will not be counted. ;D
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

LG

I've gone green!
I built an electric yard vehicle to use instead of using my ute or mowers around the place. ;D ;D

Ospif1

It's all pandering at this point.  Two of the largest contributors won't even have their leaders at the climate discussions and those nations have no real desires to change how they do things.  We're simply going to have to develop technologies which will suit the changing conditions and 3rd world nations are going to suffer massively.  Sadly food and water shortages will possibly lead to wars as well.

AlbertM

Quote from: Sonic on October 27, 2021, 02:49:30 PM
all rather amusing really when 'net zero emissions' only means that someone else will be doing it instead of us LOL

setting a realistic target of actual reductions in Australian emissions would be a better thing to push I reckon (even though they will likely still screw that up)

Net zero means off setting emissions, not shifting emissions. The expected result is to reduce emission.
Ford Faithful

Trevor

I have a feeling we (the world) are fighting a losing battle

Not just Russia and China, but India, America, Africa - what are they REALLY doing?  Lip service me thinks

PHARK IT!!!!!

Sonic

Quote from: LG on October 27, 2021, 06:03:25 PM
I've gone green!
I built an electric yard vehicle to use instead of using my ute or mowers around the place. ;D ;D

well that didn't work LOL... been too long since I added an image

Trevor

I hope the size is within spec, the Moderators here are ****ing murder  ;D ;D ;D

PHARK IT!!!!!

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on October 28, 2021, 10:15:54 AM
I hope the size is within spec, the Moderators here are ****ing murder  ;D ;D ;D

Yeah they can be bastards!! Actually I don't know if the sizing rule came across to the new website? If not I'll take the ping, it's worth it [:P]