News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Super-duper cars SMP (spoliers)

Started by REM, October 29, 2021, 02:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Quote from: REM on October 29, 2021, 02:21:26 PM
Practice 1 at 3:50pm proper time....

https://issuu.com/speedcafe/docs/rjbatteries-sydney-2021
Spoliers?

Ross, some men were meant to play the piano, and some were meant to carry it.  You, sir, are the former with a tune we can all roll our heads back, close ours eyes, and listen to the tunes of..... yesteryear.... or maybe earlierintheyear?

Let us all raise our glasses to Eastern Creek!
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

REM

We all have our crosses to bear! :D Gil would be upset if my spelling was on song....

I hope Waters carries his form, but (both he and SVG to a lesser extent) don't have the stellar track record there.....

Mostert could be on song too.....and how will the Shell boys go? They are expecting big things.....but history never repeats...

Kytabu

Well, just got an e-mail saying that there is no parking at the circuit this weekend unless you have a Park and View ticket. Would have been nice if this was made obvious when ordering the tickets. They have advised parking at Raging Waters which is a 4km walk away. No indication of a shuttle from there. It seems they want us all to cram onto trains and buses instead.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

REM

ADP from Camo.......go boys!!

That's crap K-man! It's over 35 degrees here at Manly.....would be pumpin out there.....

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/10/29/de-pasquale-fastest-in-supercars-practice-1-at-smp/

mikeamerica84

SPOLIERS will always have a place in the heart of of us Supercars fans!

The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

Quote from: Kytabu on October 29, 2021, 04:03:56 PM
Well, just got an e-mail saying that there is no parking at the circuit this weekend unless you have a Park and View ticket. Would have been nice if this was made obvious when ordering the tickets. They have advised parking at Raging Waters which is a 4km walk away. No indication of a shuttle from there. It seems they want us all to cram onto trains and buses instead.

what a load of crap!!!

sounds more like a neat little 'upgrade your ticket' money grab sadly :'(

hope you've managed to have an ok day otherwise Kye
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Kytabu

Wasn't out there today, only going for the weekend. Hoping we can snag a spot on Peter Brock Drive or in the industrial area. Hopefully it's a typically small Eastern Creek crowd ;D.

SetonFan

Quote from: Kytabu on October 29, 2021, 04:03:56 PM
Is it due to the Sydney Speedway construction work maybe?

There's details on the Raging Waters shuttle here https://www.supercars.com/sydney/event-guide/#Gettingthere

skaifeman

Quote from: Kytabu on October 29, 2021, 07:42:53 PM
Wasn't out there today, only going for the weekend. Hoping we can snag a spot on Peter Brock Drive or in the industrial area. Hopefully it's a typically small Eastern Creek crowd ;D.

Keep us posted, I might make it up for the 4th weekend :). Doesn't make sense why they'd close the usual parking between T2 and T5.
I'd also assume the paddock is closed?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

Thanks SetonFan, that makes a lot more sense as to why they directed us to the waterpark now. I don't see why the speedway would have an effect as you can still access Gate A. Or they could have done what Muscle Car Masters have done in the past, open Gate B and use the grassed area there as a carpark. I thought it would have made more sense Covid-wise for people to enter the gates in their cars, rather than lining up together and getting on buses.

Skaifeman, paddock is closed. No chances being taken with such a tight schedule to finish the season.

LG

It seems quite strange watching something which isn't a repeat of some kind.

CP

Quote from: LG on October 30, 2021, 04:17:08 PM
It seems quite strange watching something which isn't a repeat of some kind.

How dare they replace repeats of Pickers and Storage Wars for this?

REM

LG

Anton blitzed them but you also have to give massive thumbs up to Will Brown, Davo and Kostecki.