News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Super-duper cars SMP (spoliers)

Started by REM, October 29, 2021, 02:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REM

Quote from: CP on October 31, 2021, 04:45:06 PM
Quote from: REM on October 31, 2021, 04:00:11 PM
ADP excluded from race 2! What a crap show from DJR today..., :(

Getting the tyres mixed up could be easy enough to do if you have **** hand writing where your ones look a little like sevens. The car numbers are scribbled on them so it's possible.
yeah good point actually!

LG

Will Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The boy has talent and he's not corporatised.

Congrats to Anton.
He has really stepped up.

Woodzy

I thought the racing was pretty high quality this weekend considering they haven't raced for 100+ days!

Looking forward to seeing how the next 3 weeks of racing pan out leading into Bathurst.

boris

Quote from: Woodzy on October 31, 2021, 07:01:20 PM
I thought the racing was pretty high quality this weekend

I agree except I'd replace "racing" for "driving", a lot of strategy and it was interesting in it's own way.

I'm just worried about 3 more weekends of this - there's no overtaking unless there's a huge disparity in tyre condition. It's a boring track that doesn't seem to challenge anyone (minimal mistakes are made...)

skaifeman

Tickford were nowhere.
Was their apparent upturn in that final race due to better cars or did they save all their tyres for that race?

Well done to Anton and Will. A sign of things to come?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Troy01505

Tyre mix up is a shame and the team are getting a lot of hate on social but I'm sure I read somewhere that the reported the mistake themselves so kudos to them if they did.

ADP and Brown are going to be the next Scotty/Jdubs of the sport. Let's hope these seriously talented youngsters stay in rival makes for their careers.

Not sure I can stay interested in watching much more of the Creek though, never been a fan of watching racing there but it certainly is a fun track to drive.

Bit unfortunate Tickford started so well to the season then somehow lost the pace. Might as well engrave the trophy now.

hsv8fan

It's a pity the drivers didn't spend more of the off time learning what the yellow lines on the edges of the circuit represent.
Nowhere near enough penalties for "exceeding the track limits" in my opinion.
What a farce.. drive wherever you like

stevo qld

Quote"This track is just terrible, it's like a cheese grater, and it's the best it's going to be tonight," Van Gisbergen told Fox Sports after Saturday's night race.

"Tomorrow's going to be tough, managing the tyres ... the surface here is just average."

Van Gisbergen's comments will be a concern for Supercars given the track is hosting four consecutive weekends of racing over the next month.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/surface-doesn-t-impress-supercars-star/ar-AAQ8ieg?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Ninnyman

SMP's problem is it was designed as a MotoGP track first, car circuit second.
Pretty much why the racing there and at the "euro style" tracks - Ph Island,
The Bend - produce mostly processional Supercar races.

This limiting of tyres over a weekend doesn't help promote good racing.
Conserving tyres 4 laps in is boring. Don't we want to see them all racing
hard, being able to fight for position??? Sure it brings in more strategy, but
it doesn't always produce close interesting racing.

Also those who make the Shootout should get a fresh set of "hand back" tyres.
Having 1 or 2 drivers conserve a set, go up against those using a green set is hardly fair!!!

The use of the SuperSoft later on could prove to be interesting though??

stevo qld

Jack Perkins, on his pit visit, mentioned that three front spoilers could be used over the three races.

The Dude reckons that Supercar spoilers cost about nine grand, so 18 to 27 grand for the meeting.

I hardly think that the cost to teams of an extra half dozen tyres will even cause a bump on their expense balance sheets.

On another matter, I noticed that a lot of drivers are now using the bra strap version of head restraint rather than the old HANS that was held in place by seat belts.

I wonder if these will help with driver changes at Bathurst, where it has been known that the HANS protrusiions aren't fitted correctly unde seat belts.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

LG

So close to a perfect round...

https://www.supercars.com/championship/2021-repco-supercars-championship-results/

EVENT RESULTS - Bunnings Trade Sydney SuperNight
Session    Winner    Results
Practice 1 ›

Anton De Pasquale ›
Shell V-Power Racing Team
Driver number Ford Mustang GT

Practice 2 ›

Anton De Pasquale ›

ARMOR ALL Qualifying - Race 20 ›

Anton De Pasquale ›

ARMOR ALL Top Ten Shootout - Race 20 ›

Anton De Pasquale ›

Race 20 ›

Anton De Pasquale ›

ARMOR ALL Qualifying - Race 21 ›

Anton De Pasquale ›

ARMOR ALL Qualifying - Race 22 ›

Anton De Pasquale ›

Race 21 ›

Shane van Gisbergen ›
Red Bull Ampol Racing Team
Driver number Holden Commodore ZB

Race 22 ›

Anton De Pasquale ›

SetonFan

Must be one of the best 7th-place round finishes of all time from ADP.

skaifeman

Quote from: SetonFan on November 01, 2021, 08:39:49 PM

I'm amazed at the fact that GT brought up over the weekend.
If we were still running Round Wins, SVG has won every round except one, in which he finished 2nd!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

REM

Quote from: skaifeman on November 02, 2021, 08:46:48 AM
Quote from: SetonFan on November 01, 2021, 08:39:49 PM

I'm amazed at the fact that GT brought up over the weekend.
If we were still running Round Wins, SVG has won every round except one, in which he finished 2nd!

Yeah, has become very, very predictable.....and I note the lack of attendance at meetings! Hoping DJR can keep it up and Erebus and Tickford find their consistent form and keep adding some excitement....3 further rounds at SMP could get very stale....