News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Super-duper cars SMP (spoliers)

Started by REM, October 29, 2021, 02:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REM

Interesting counter points.....I thought Scotty ran less wing at Bathurst....hence the lack of rear grip?

stp01

Quote from: djr18fan on November 10, 2021, 04:20:52 PM
Quote from: Bloopy on November 10, 2021, 12:00:42 PM
The safety car rules also say:

Quote10.2.12 From the time that the green flags are displayed until the Car crosses the Control Line:
  10.2.12.1 The Driver is required to either accelerate or maintain the prescribed speed ± 5km/h;

By my reading that disallows any decelerating before the control line. The driver would need to have a legitimate excuse for reducing speed before the control line, such as the standing water hazard in Anton's case.

What's the prescribed speed?
The speed the Safety Car was going in preparation for exiting the track.

10.2.9 In preparation for the end of the SC deployment, the SC will:
10.2.9.1 Set the prescribed speed as instructed by the RD on the RMC;

Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion

Ospif1

Quote from: Kytabu on November 11, 2021, 07:34:47 AM
Quote from: REM on November 11, 2021, 07:01:28 AM
After watching the races last night, the ZB really looks to be the thing to have in the wet....we even saw this with Scotty at Bathurst last year....
The DJR cars were cruising in second and third behind Whincup, who had the benefit of clear vision all race, before Will lost out on strategy and in the battle for third. Anton had half a second on the field in the first wet qualifying session.
Yeah it really didn't take more than looking at an event less than a week ago to debunk that silly myth. It's frustrating how easy it is to be ignorantly biased in the face of all evidence and somehow gain support with such views everywhere "cough speedcafe".

I can't wait for us to be told relentlessly how Ford will be cobbled and unfiarly treated with Gen 3.

REM

Quote from: Ospif1 on November 11, 2021, 08:36:30 PM
After watching the races last night, the ZB really looks to be the thing to have in the wet....we even saw this with Scotty at Bathurst last year....
The DJR cars were cruising in second and third behind Whincup, who had the benefit of clear vision all race, before Will lost out on strategy and in the battle for third. Anton had half a second on the field in the first wet qualifying session.
Yeah it really didn't take more than looking at an event less than a week ago to debunk that silly myth. It's frustrating how easy it is to be ignorantly biased in the face of all evidence and somehow gain support with such views everywhere "cough speedcafe".

I can't wait for us to be told relentlessly how Ford will be cobbled and unfiarly treated with Gen 3.

Yeah well, I am just glad that 2 of the three A grade ZB's screwed up.....if SVG and Mostert started and kept at the front.....we wouldn't haven't
seen which way the three of them went.....

Speaking of evidence, I recall earlier in the year, the ZB triggered the parity marker at 3 rounds(they weren't consecutive though)....they decided not to count one of the rounds, because it was wet(the mind boggles)! Was that the Sandown round?...I might need to dig it up....

Sonic

Quote from: REM on November 12, 2021, 07:10:36 AM
Quote from: Ospif1 on November 11, 2021, 08:36:30 PM

Yeah well, I am just glad that 2 of the three A grade ZB's screwed up.....if SVG and Mostert started and kept at the front.....we wouldn't haven't
seen which way the three of them went.....

Speaking of evidence, I recall earlier in the year, the ZB triggered the parity marker at 3 rounds(they weren't consecutive though)....they decided not to count one of the rounds, because it was wet(the mind boggles)! Was that the Sandown round?...I might need to dig it up....

Sandown was wet (I spent most of the day out in it shooting)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

LG

More of the same so far today with ADP being the absolute front runner and the others doing their best to not be too far behind.
With the form Erebus are showing, there's now 3 teams at the front.

skaifeman

Will Brown would be getting used to having at least one bad pit stop a weekend.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

LG

Quote from: skaifeman on November 13, 2021, 05:44:59 PM
Will Brown would be getting used to having at least one bad pit stop a weekend.

Fortunately today I don't think it made a difference.
He was never going to catch SVG let alone ADP.
It was a good pass on Whincup!

Kytabu

I really liked the move ADP put on both Red Bull cars coming out of Turn 8. Really smart driving. He is setting up nicely for next year. I know it's hard to judge form racing at the same circuit every week but I think he found his feet with DJR at Tailem Bend and has been strong since then, albeit unlucky in several races.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

LG

Quote from: Kytabu on November 14, 2021, 08:36:52 AM
I really liked the move ADP put on both Red Bull cars coming out of Turn 8. Really smart driving. He is setting up nicely for next year. I know it's hard to judge form racing at the same circuit every week but I think he found his feet with DJR at Tailem Bend and has been strong since then, albeit unlucky in several races.

I realise it's full of ifs and buts but if not for those glitches it would probably be a very close battle with SVG for the title.

Troy01505

Quote from: LG on November 14, 2021, 08:51:39 AM

I realise it's full of ifs and buts but if not for those glitches it would probably be a very close battle with SVG for the title.

He has done an amazing job this year, he'll be toe to toe with Giz next season, let's hope Browns up there and Tickford engineer the speed back into Waters car they seem to tune out every season.

REM

Quote from: Troy01505 on November 14, 2021, 09:36:12 AM
Quote from: LG on November 14, 2021, 08:51:39 AM

He has done an amazing job this year, he'll be toe to toe with Giz next season, let's hope Browns up there and Tickford engineer the speed back into Waters car they seem to tune out every season.

Tickford and WAU really need to step up.....hard to believe Tickford actually put points on WAU yesterday in the teams championship....(about 5 by my count). The needle games from T8 shows they know DJR are building....which is good for the series!

SetonFan

It seems DJR were so paranoid about losing the 1-2 due to a double stack they've thrown away the 1-2 anyway by pitting WD too early

LG

Will Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SetonFan