News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

How does PARC Ferme work?

Started by Blackbox, October 31, 2021, 06:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbox

Hey,
I'm wondering how PARC Ferme works in v8 supercars?
I noticed after qualifying yesterday when Anton De Pasquale pulled into the pits ludo immediately put a 'Parc Ferme' sign on top of his car, 3 seconds later the camera goes to Whincup who is saying they have some changes to make to the car before the shoot out.
What are the PARC Ferme rules?

LG

Blackbox

Hey mate thanks for that link that is an awesome read,
but in relation to Parc Ferme
the first 2 dots points would summarize
'Each car must Enter Parc Ferme directly after each competition unless directed by HoM'
I cant see a list of definitions.
Is competition relating to race? or Qualifying?
Still not sure why 1 car would be in Parc Ferme and another not? Unless It was ordered into Parc Ferme for scrutineering?
Also who is the 'HoM'

Troy01505

Officials select a number of cars randomly to go straight into Parc ferme. They wouldn't have time to do all the checks on every car which is why it is a small number each session

stevo qld

I was under the impression that all cars are regarded as being in parc ferme after a race, even though they may be in their own garage, and no work other than temperature readings, placing cooling fans and suchlike can be done.

After officials are satisfied with whatever they need to be satisfied with, the cars are released, usually all at the same time, and repairs and preparation can commence.

Sometimes the parc ferme is a set duration, as in F1, or even overnight with the release a set period before competition resumes.

Supercars may have a different interpretation. They usually do!  ;D
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Ninnyman

Yes Stevo is correct, but they also enter parc ferme after each session, not
just the race. 3 or 4 Cars are randomly selected to go to scales after a race
- usually the top 3. In the quick fire qualy sessions usually run on a Sunday the wait time is minimal.

Bathurst is usually the longest wait time with cars not released till well after
most of the packing up has been started and darkness has set in.