News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Kiwis Dominating!

Started by vipernz, May 10, 2021, 04:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevo qld

Quote from: Trickyonne on May 20, 2021, 06:35:09 PM
Us Aussie have adopted Scotty :)

But seriously....why so many good racers from NZ ?....dominate Supercars and Indy
Not to mention F1, world super bikes the list goes on

Scott Dixon is a Brisbane boy, who later spent some time in NZ but has been in the USA for the majority of his life.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

murph_fan51

Quote from: stevo qld on May 26, 2021, 07:56:25 PM

But seriously....why so many good racers from NZ ?....dominate Supercars and Indy

Scott is a Brisbane boy, who later spent some time in NZ but has been in the USA for the majority of his life.

QuoteMcLaughlin was born in Hamilton,[1] New Zealand but moved to Australia's Gold Coast at 9 years of age and attended Saint Stephen's College throughout his upbringing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_McLaughlin_(racing_driver)

debris debris debris

LG

Quote from: murph_fan51 on May 29, 2021, 06:24:42 PM
Quote from: stevo qld on May 26, 2021, 07:56:25 PM

Scott is a Brisbane boy, who later spent some time in NZ but has been in the USA for the majority of his life.

QuoteMcLaughlin was born in Hamilton,[1] New Zealand but moved to Australia's Gold Coast at 9 years of age and attended Saint Stephen's College throughout his upbringing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_McLaughlin_(racing_driver)

I believe he ws talking about Scott Dixon...

murph_fan51

debris debris debris

Bloopy

Quote from: LG on May 29, 2021, 06:37:57 PM
I believe he ws talking about Scott Dixon...

Yes, but he did so while quoting a post that was almost certainly referring to McLaughlin!

vipernz

So much for kiwis dominating ay... short lived... LOL

Roadways6

An interesting race, and well deserved win by Helio, a worthy addition to the four timer club, though win number 2 will always be contentious

On another note, the lack of crashes this month, and the way the race was run, show how much the race has been dumbed down in the name of entertainment, the cars are not the challenge to drive that they once were

djr18fan

Quote from: vipernz on May 31, 2021, 01:03:08 PM

Pole position. Rookie award. Got some trophies!

Kytabu

A shame that Scott made the mistake on pit entry. He came out of that pit stop in front of Pagenaud so it would have been interesting to see where he could have finished.

Horrible luck for Dixon with how the first yellow played out. 17th was a decent recovery considering Rossi was stuck down the back of the top 30.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Bloopy

Are there any video clips of McLaughlin's skid into the pits anywhere? Just curious to see if it's worthy of any style points!

Kytabu

Quote from: Bloopy on June 01, 2021, 01:06:18 PM
Are there any video clips of McLaughlin's skid into the pits anywhere? Just curious to see if it's worthy of any style points!
https://youtu.be/Hya-L3-5sck?t=173

CP

While not a Kiwi, Alex Palou was quite a standout.

vipernz

Quote from: djr18fan on May 31, 2021, 05:24:19 PM
Quote from: vipernz on May 31, 2021, 01:03:08 PM

Pole position. Rookie award. Got some trophies!
thats like getting the participation award... token thing and not a race win

Not trying to be to harsh here, Dixon peddles better than I could ever dream of but a win would have been bloody fantastic. (lost the championship lead as well, darn it)

Kytabu

It's the final round of the season this weekend and it's McLaughlin vs Grosjean for Rookie of the Year honours. Grosjean has been stronger as expected, but sat out three oval races including Indy. Scott has 20 points over Romain with 54 on offer for a perfect weekend.

At the top of the championship table there are two contenders. Alex Palou has a 35-point lead over Pato O'Ward. O'Ward basically needs to win with Palou well down the order for the deficit to be overcome.

It is my first year properly following IndyCar and it has been good, even though I've only been able to watch highlights and not the full races most weekends. McLaughlin has shown glimpses here and there but just hasn't quite nailed it at some critical moments. It has been a solid rookie season though and a good base on which to build for next year. The biggest surprise for me is his oval performances, with a 2nd, a 4th and an 8th in three of the four oval races. He was also looking strong at Indy before speeding in the pit lane.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Kytabu on September 22, 2021, 01:21:25 PM
It is my first year properly following IndyCar and it has been good, even though I've only been able to watch highlights and not the full races most weekends.
I tape the races on my VCR(s) and watch them later.  It is great technology.  Any of you guys over there have these things?   :D

Of course mailing tapes across the Pacific could be a little expensive over time, not to mention the delay in transit.

I suggest you read my PM to you, Kye.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life