News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Kiwis Dominating!

Started by vipernz, May 10, 2021, 04:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbugger

Quote from: stevo qld on July 19, 2022, 10:38:46 AM
Born:  Scott Ronald Dixon · 22 July 1980 · Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

I have often wondered why he identifies as NZ given he was born in Aus.

Maybe mum was in bris vegas on holidays when he made his entrance 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

djr18fan

Quote from: madbugger on July 19, 2022, 01:22:52 PM
Quote from: stevo qld on July 19, 2022, 10:38:46 AM
Born:  Scott Ronald Dixon · 22 July 1980 · Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

I have often wondered why he identifies as NZ given he was born in Aus.

Maybe mum was in bris vegas on holidays when he made his entrance 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Parents where NZ citizens living in Australia when Scott was born. The family moved back to NZ a short time later.

mikeamerica84

He is now tied with Mario Andretti for second on the all-time IndyCar win list, as pointed out earlier in the thread.

Ironically, Mario was born in Italy and his family moved here after WWII when he was a little boy.  No one thinks of him as an Italian citizen, though - only as an American racer.  Somewhat coincidental between these two.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

stevo qld

McLaughlin wants to extend the attempted Kiwi domination of Indy.

QuoteScott McLaughlin would like to see fellow Supercars champion Shane van Gisbergen race in IndyCar more than any other driver who is not currently in the series.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/07/23/mclaughlin-wants-to-see-van-gisbergen-in-indycar/

There are a whole bunch of Supercar drivers and teams who heartily agree. :D
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

mikeamerica84

The Iowa doubleheader was pretty good racing.  I suggest you guys watch it, whether you like ovals or not.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

djr18fan

Tomorrow's race will be a must watch. Shame about the time difference meaning I'll be at work. I'll have to watch it on my phone.

stevo qld

Scott Mclaughlin has secured his second pole. Another wonder from downunder.

Simona deSilvestro was 21st but did beat some highly qualified drivers. Not bad for a minor programme after a long layoff. And she did it with "no time"  :o

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/08/07/mclaughlin-on-nashville-indycar-pole-power-penalised/
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

V8SuperRiley

Scotty Mac is building to some big things if you ask me. He was in a class of his own today, just unfortunate.

djr18fan

Good results for team Kiwi today