News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 Bathurst 1000 (spoliers)

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2021, 05:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

Quote from: fordman on November 26, 2021, 03:36:20 PM
Quote from: Sonic on November 26, 2021, 02:57:58 PM
forget everything you think you know about next week at Bathurst... just did a long range weather check and so far we have...

Tue - 22 and thunderstorms
Wed - 24 and thunderstorms
Thu - 26 and rain
Fri - 25 and thunderstorms

now I know that the weather predictors don't have a clue but that ain't a pretty outlook!

Been looking at it every couple of hours hoping it will change, just hope its not iike 2012 I think where they closed the general car park and bussed everyone in and the campgrounds were a boggy mess? but since them the roads in max cameron anyway are much improved but not tested in prolonged rain.

Yeah if we get that kind of rain over the 6 days the main car park will def get closed as it will be a bog alright!

And if it does storm like that I feel sorry for the folk who are in tents! Vans won't fair so badly but those sleeping on the ground will cop it
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

fordman

Quote from: Sonic on November 26, 2021, 04:14:59 PM
Quote from: fordman on November 26, 2021, 03:36:20 PM
Quote from: Sonic on November 26, 2021, 02:57:58 PM
forget everything you think you know about next week at Bathurst... just did a long range weather check and so far we have...

Tue - 22 and thunderstorms
Wed - 24 and thunderstorms
Thu - 26 and rain
Fri - 25 and thunderstorms

now I know that the weather predictors don't have a clue but that ain't a pretty outlook!

Been looking at it every couple of hours hoping it will change, just hope its not iike 2012 I think where they closed the general car park and bussed everyone in and the campgrounds were a boggy mess? but since them the roads in max cameron anyway are much improved but not tested in prolonged rain.

Yeah if we get that kind of rain over the 6 days the main car park will def get closed as it will be a bog alright!

And if it does storm like that I feel sorry for the folk who are in tents! Vans won't fair so badly but those sleeping on the ground will cop it

not sure we will get that but already wet ground it will bog up quickly.

I hope there is some dry running from memory I think 2012 v8s nearly ran out of wet tyres during the lead up and some teams pondered not practicing  so they could save some for the race but ironically the race was dry and they had nearly all new sets of dry tyres to run on?

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Trevor on November 22, 2021, 11:59:02 AM
We are pretty happy with our camp sites - 1 camp spot back from the track (with the road in between)
Out of curiosity, where about the track is your camp site, Trev?  I was looking at a google map of the circuit.  Are you up on top, down towards the Chase, or in the middle somehow?  Just trying to picture it all.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Trevor

We are in Reid & Sulman Camp site Mike, which at the top of the Mountain

I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Trevor on November 27, 2021, 05:11:16 AM
We are in Reid & Sulman Camp site Mike, which at the top of the Mountain
Looks like a good spot. 

To change the subject a bit, but stay on the thread topic, I reviewed the schedule for the week.  I knew TCR was racing their final round.  Three races.  21 laps each.  I then noticed the Super 2 races are only 16 laps each. 

Is it me or would you guys expect the Super 2 races to be longer than the TCR races?  I think of Super 2 as being a little higher up on the ladder for the undercard(s).  I like the TCR, don't get me wrong, but that is my viewpoint.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

stevo qld

I wouldn't.

TCR is the most competitive manufacturer supported Motor Racing series in Australia, with a large diversity of cars and drivers and international support. The Bathurst meeting was, I understand, extended to enable additional TCR and support categories.

Super2 is only a race for old Supercars, but, in any case, history suggests that crashes will greatly reduce the allocated race laps. These are expensive cars to run and are a financial problem with worn out expensive engines and replacement of parts. The engines are claimed to be too expensive even for Super1 teams, who are looking at cheaper alternatives. Some engine builders such as WAU have trouble finding parts for obsolete engines and have difficulty understanding what to use in the build. e.g. Exclusion from races of a customer.

Longer Super 2 races would be great, though.

There are a significant multitude of classes competing, maybe too many.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

fordman

Quote from: stevo qld on November 27, 2021, 12:19:09 PM
I wouldn't.

TCR is the most competitive manufacturer supported Motor Racing series in Australia, with a large diversity of cars and drivers and international support. The Bathurst meeting was, I understand, extended to enable additional TCR and support categories.

Super2 is only a race for old Supercars, but, in any case, history suggests that crashes will greatly reduce the allocated race laps. These are expensive cars to run and are a financial problem with worn out expensive engines and replacement of parts. The engines are claimed to be too expensive even for Super1 teams, who are looking at cheaper alternatives. Some engine builders such as WAU have trouble finding parts for obsolete engines and have difficulty understanding what to use in the build. e.g. Exclusion from races of a customer.

Longer Super 2 races would be great, though.

There are a significant multitude of classes competing, maybe too many.

no lunch break helps and revised schedule has slightly earlier start times. but like all Bathurst events 1 prang usually stuffs the session for the support categories.

Westfield

Seems to be some misunderstanding of who the new owners are, what classes they control, and how the extended meeting was able to proceed. No bias here, just ask Adderton and Terry.

Trevor

Probably not the right place for that discussion - isn't there a 'new Supercar owners' thread?

PHARK IT!!!!!

TheArrow

I just opened Foxtel Go to watch some sneaky practice sessions from my desk at work only to find nothing from today is broadcast?

What's the point of making such a big deal about 6 days of on track action if they aren't broadcasting it?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

REM

Yeah- disappointing nothing on today!! :-(  Not even live timing on Speedcafe.....

TheArrow

Plus, they made a big deal about the Bathurst channel, I watched it from 3pm yesterday, I saw the top ten Bathurst races countdown (which included 2010 which was a joke), the Bathurst preview and the Whincup interview... All of which were then played on repeat... And are played on repeat again today...

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that I'm being let down by Fox Motorsport/SupercarsTV again...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Trevor

Supercars TV is a farce - the biggest single reason why fans are walking away - yet the idiots don't get it

PHARK IT!!!!!

Kytabu

Just arrived in Bathurst, the weather is gorgeous at the moment. Glad we get to put our tent up in the dry.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Trevor

Please make sure it stays dry until Thursday arvo  ;D

PHARK IT!!!!!