News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 Bathurst 1000 (spoliers)

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2021, 05:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REM

Quote from: AlbertM on December 04, 2021, 01:43:07 PM
I'm getting AU vibes from the Mustang. It is quick but falls off sooner than ZB.

I reckon they are about half a second off the pace of the leading ZB's.....

Kytabu

"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Ospif1

Epic lap by chaz. Very close between the marquees which is what we want to see.

Kytabu

Some paddock shots for when you eventuallly return to the thread, Mike.

Will Brown with fans at the back of the Erebus garage

Merchandise alley on the other side of pit straight
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Wrighty05

Cracking shootout.

Plenty of chances tomorrow, let's hope it's a great one

Sonic

this has got to be one of the biggest 'do not finish' weekends ever. just about every corner has had a bingle and I think every category has had a short run.

VERY scary crash with the S5000's at the Chase. that could have ended so bad getting tipped in at those speeds in an open wheeler. if Jordan's car got air under it he would have flown to Bathurst township :( and then to top it off getting rammed while in the gravel by someone who didn't think it was a good idea to slow down while driving through a dust storm? really??
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Troy01505

Quote from: Wrighty05 on December 04, 2021, 07:22:31 PM
Cracking shootout.

One of the better ones of the last few years in my opinion.

The lap from Chaz is one of the best from the Supercars era. Still surprised Penske didn't snap him up when he jumped ship to WAU.

Sonic

philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Brazen

Quote from: Sonic on December 04, 2021, 08:30:57 PM
both Erebus disqualified from the shootout because the doors weren't heavy enough (although the overall car weight was correct)

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/12/04/erebus-disqualified-from-bathurst-1000-top-10-shootout/?fbclid=IwAR0m7mMWaFu9TF8Y9x85zpAzw8NgsrSDIN9D1tm_DX5Mdu2SD5XPcUcQ6YM

Silly oversight... wonder how much they were out by?

AlbertM

Cracking shootout.

Agreed. So much winning potential for this race.
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: Troy01505 on December 04, 2021, 08:22:48 PM
Cracking shootout.

One of the better ones of the last few years in my opinion.

The lap from Chaz is one of the best from the Supercars era. Still surprised Penske didn't snap him up when he jumped ship to WAU.
Word is that it was Chaz that turned down Penske.
Ford Faithful

LG

Do Erebus make their own panels or do they buy them from WAU?

AlbertM

Sounds like Erebus was trying to pull a DJR/TP trick by shifting weight. Can understand a door was under effecting the total weight, but the weight was still in the car somewhere.
Ford Faithful

TheArrow

Quote from: Sonic on December 04, 2021, 07:49:05 PM
this has got to be one of the biggest 'do not finish' weekends ever. just about every corner has had a bingle and I think every category has had a short run.

VERY scary crash with the S5000's at the Chase. that could have ended so bad getting tipped in at those speeds in an open wheeler. if Jordan's car got air under it he would have flown to Bathurst township :( and then to top it off getting rammed while in the gravel by someone who didn't think it was a good idea to slow down while driving through a dust storm? really??
I actually disagree, I think it's been a very tame weekend with very minimal damage. There have been a handful of significant incidents but nothing on what we've seen in the past.

I think the lack of racing in the supports comes down to the long list of categories they are trying to cram into one weekend. There has been very little time between sessions meaning time certainty has come into play way more than usual.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

stevo qld

I wonder if the Scrutineers removed and weighed the doors of all top 10 cars or maybe all 25 cars.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN