News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 Bathurst 1000 (spoliers)

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2021, 05:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kytabu

Was SVG deliberately driving slowly so Whincup could pass Mostert and negate Mostert's couple of laps fuel advantage?
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Ospif1

Quote from: Kytabu on December 05, 2021, 04:30:11 PM
Was SVG deliberately driving slowly so Whincup could pass Mostert and negats Mostert's couple of laps fuel advantage?
Absolutely.

Kytabu

Should be a penalty for that. Could have been a massive accident with everyone backing up.

Ospif1

Quote from: Kytabu on December 05, 2021, 04:32:34 PM
Should be a penalty for that. Could have been a massive accident with everyone backing up.
Which rule did he break?  It was dirty but I don't think it necessarily breaks a sporting regulation.

The Davison car however does break a regulation quite clearly and will likely be penalised.

boris

It would be called bad sportsmanship. Deserving of that warning first - he's done it twice now without warning.

Kytabu

I would say deliberately slowing to block another car and creating the potential for a multi-car accident could be considered negligent or dangerous driving.

Ospif1

Quote from: Kytabu on December 05, 2021, 04:39:58 PM
I would say deliberately slowing to block another car and creating the potential for a multi-car accident could be considered negligent or dangerous driving.
Maybe, but that's also quite subjective and thus unlikely to result in a penalty.  It should receive a warning for bad sportsmanship instead.

boris

Funny the reading of the rule for the pitstop release - "impeding another driver" - by that measure I wouldn't think Whincup was impeded, he kept the boot in...

skaifeman

The first lap I just thought he was playing conservative with tyre temps into T2.
The second lap says otherwise.

They can't beat the #25 for car speed so they're trying everything else.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Ospif1

Quote from: boris on December 05, 2021, 04:42:13 PM
Funny the reading of the rule for the pitstop release - "impeding another driver" - by that measure I wouldn't think Whincup was impeded, he kept the boot in...

I'd argue the potential damage to the car getting hit is an impediment.  Contact caused from a poorly timed release is pretty much always clear cut.

Bloopy

Quote from: Joe5619 on December 05, 2021, 04:22:07 PM
Did I miss a rule change, why the **** are they waving all those lapped cars past? Ridiculous!

Not a bad option to reduce restart chaos. I was surprised Coulthard/Webb were included in the list though, thought they were too many laps down. Then the first wave bys happened the same lap Webb intended to pit, potentially further confusing things.

Ospif1

One thing is for sure, this race is going to get a little wild.  I expect the #25 will disappear into the distance though.

Lol Whincup asked to conserve, how did that go last time...

AlbertM

5 secs penalty Car 17 for unsafe release.
Ford Faithful

Ospif1

The #888 coming alive now as well so maybe it won't be as simple for the #25.

Joe5619

I thought they changed the rule a few years back to say if they make contact behind the back wheel its fine?