News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 Bathurst 1000 (spoliers)

Started by Trevor, November 22, 2021, 05:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordman

Quote from: Kytabu on December 11, 2021, 08:16:46 AM
We had to show our vaccination status and ticket every time we went through the main gate down the bottom, even though we had to show both of those to get our McPhillamy wristbands. The woman thought I was being a smartass when she asked for my ticket and I just held my wristband up.

In February I'm fairly sure that once we had the camping wristband we didn't have to show our tickets at any gate from that point on.

Probably one of the biggest thing about this whole pandemic restrictions thing is the inconsistencies in the rule makers and enforcers. Logic would dictate if  person had a campground wristband he had already, 1 proved he had a ticket & 2 been fully vaccinated  ::) 3 gates enforcing one rule differently ::)

Tuesday I noticed none of the merchandise stores were wearing masks nor enforcing customers to wear one but Wednesday they were, I asked the young lady at the t8 store did they get sprung she smiled and said yea they ALL did  :D

Sonic

something that surprised me was that all of the merch tents seemed to shut early. especially after the race on Sunday when I thought they'd be doing their best to get rid of as much merch as possible, especially WAU being winners would have sold a bundle!

maybe it was as a result of such a late finish that they sent all the staff home? I went out after the podium (as is my usual) to maybe grab a shirt or two and I think the only thing open was the SC one.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

djr18fan

Quote from: fordman on December 11, 2021, 09:53:02 AM
We had to show our vaccination status and ticket every time we went through the main gate down the bottom, even though we had to show both of those to get our McPhillamy wristbands. The woman thought I was being a smartass when she asked for my ticket and I just held my wristband up.

In February I'm fairly sure that once we had the camping wristband we didn't have to show our tickets at any gate from that point on.

Probably one of the biggest thing about this whole pandemic restrictions thing is the inconsistencies in the rule makers and enforcers. Logic would dictate if  person had a campground wristband he had already, 1 proved he had a ticket & 2 been fully vaccinated  ::) 3 gates enforcing one rule differently ::)

Tuesday I noticed none of the merchandise stores were wearing masks nor enforcing customers to wear one but Wednesday they were, I asked the young lady at the t8 store did they get sprung she smiled and said yea they ALL did  :D

Are people checking tickets volunteers? Are they instructed by volunteers?
If so should attendees be grateful they're doing their best and helping keep ticket prices low?

fordman

Quote from: djr18fan on December 11, 2021, 11:22:40 AM

Are people checking tickets volunteers? Are they instructed by volunteers?
If so should attendees be grateful they're doing their best and helping keep ticket prices low?

Paid security checked QR and Vax status, usual SC ppl did the checking of tickets, regardless of status still required to enforce rules, would have been ok if they followed the rule consistently. it was obvious they were briefed differently.

Trevor

Quote from: fordman on December 11, 2021, 05:51:56 AM
Upon entry to campground after proving cax status was given pink arm band, told this would get us in the gates without having to reprove status, logical. Day 1 worked ok, day 2 was told at entry gate needed a black wrist band to prove same thing as the pink one ::) told to go to front gate info point, did so was told this was wrong was never challenged again, but saw plenty of black wrist bands as well as colored.
we were given a blue wrist band for Reid Sulman campground, I went out Friday and when I came back in no other wristband - just waved me through with the blue one
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

I am not sure what the rules around masks in NSW but in Victoria you have to wear them in any 'retail' outlet, so not cafes restaurants etc, doctors/hospitals and public transport - that's it - I would see the merchandise area as 'retail', but it is NSW
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

fordman

Quote from: Trevor on December 12, 2021, 06:08:31 AM

I am not sure what the rules around masks in NSW but in Victoria you have to wear them in any 'retail' outlet, so not cafes restaurants etc, doctors/hospitals and public transport - that's it - I would see the merchandise area as 'retail', but it is NSW

Thats the rule here as well, I think they they got away with it day 1 but not afterwards.

fordman

Quote from: Trevor on December 12, 2021, 06:05:43 AM
Quote from: fordman on December 11, 2021, 05:51:56 AM
Upon entry to campground after proving cax status was given pink arm band, told this would get us in the gates without having to reprove status, logical. Day 1 worked ok, day 2 was told at entry gate needed a black wrist band to prove same thing as the pink one ::) told to go to front gate info point, did so was told this was wrong was never challenged again, but saw plenty of black wrist bands as well as colored.
we were given a blue wrist band for Reid Sulman campground, I went out Friday and when I came back in no other wristband - just waved me through with the blue one

And thats what it should have been, I wasn't challenged after day 2 with regards to this "black" armband.