News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Winton turns 60 today - AA does an article

Started by Trevor, November 26, 2021, 08:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Kytabu

For how long was the kink between the current Turns 3 and 4 there?

I only just realised how many circuits opened in the 1960s: Winton, Calder, Lakeside, Mallala, Oran Park, Sandown, Surfers International, Symmons Plains, Warwick Farm and Barbagallo to name several. It's great to see Winton still going strong given that we've lost or come close to losing many of the others.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Sonic

cool! will be grabbing this issue anyway as it has some of my pics in it from a recent Winton meeting :)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Trevor

Quote from: Kytabu on November 26, 2021, 09:47:22 AM

I only just realised how many circuits opened in the 1960s: Winton, Calder, Lakeside, Mallala, Oran Park, Sandown, Surfers International, Symmons Plains, Warwick Farm and Barbagallo to name several. It's great to see Winton still going strong given that we've lost or come close to losing many of the others.
that was the orginal bull-dozed track after they moved to Winton from Barjarg - it is long gone

PHARK IT!!!!!

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on November 26, 2021, 11:58:11 AM
Quote from: Kytabu on November 26, 2021, 09:47:22 AM

that was the orginal bull-dozed track after they moved to Winton from Barjarg - it is long gone

Was it ever paved in that config Trev?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Trevor

PHARK IT!!!!!

Zac

Quote from: Kytabu on November 26, 2021, 09:47:22 AMI only just realised how many circuits opened in the 1960s: Winton, Calder, Lakeside, Mallala, Oran Park, Sandown, Surfers International, Symmons Plains, Warwick Farm and Barbagallo to name several.
Catalina Park (Katoomba NSW), Amaroo Park (Annangrove NW Sydney NSW), Towac (Orange NSW), Hume Weir (near Albury/Wodonga, just in NSW)...  That's a whole new Nostalgia thread just there. Congratulations to Winton and Benalla Auto Club for surviving, and here's to many more anniversaries.

PVDA

Quote from: Zac on November 26, 2021, 09:24:06 PM
Hume Weir (near Albury/Wodonga, just in NSW)...

Pretty sure the Hume Weir circuit was on the Vic side of the River Murray.

madbugger

Quote from: Zac on November 26, 2021, 09:24:06 PM
Quote from: Kytabu on November 26, 2021, 09:47:22 AMI only just realised how many circuits opened in the 1960s: Winton, Calder, Lakeside, Mallala, Oran Park, Sandown, Surfers International, Symmons Plains, Warwick Farm and Barbagallo to name several.
Catalina Park (Katoomba NSW), Amaroo Park (Annangrove NW Sydney NSW), Towac (Orange NSW), Hume Weir (near Albury/Wodonga, just in NSW)...  That's a whole new Nostalgia thread just there. Congratulations to Winton and Benalla Auto Club for surviving, and here's to many more anniversaries.
Hume Weir track was in Victoria.  I pass by it most weekends heading to the weir to go fishing.

Currently has a lot of very large storage sheds for caravan, boat, trailer storage.  Every so often you see a story on getting it back up and running again, unfortunately that is not going to happen.🥲

https://youtu.be/UPjyLMbRg7c
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

PVDA

Quote from: madbugger on November 29, 2021, 07:14:11 PMEvery so often you see a story on getting it back up and running again, unfortunately that is not going to happen.🥲

I never got there when it was running sadly.

I believe they have half buried the race track several years ago when the weir wall needed urgent reinforcing making a Jesus like resurrection impossible.